Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,061 to 3,080 of 12,088

Socar

@Tubalcain: Ok then fine, if those are some examples of a solid console games, then yeah ok fine I'll agree that they can make solid console games. And while those two were taken good care of, what about Shining Force, Sonic or even Sakura Wars despite it not being in the west?

@arronishere: The fact that they localized the first Mother game just proves that they do have interest in porting certain games to the west. Problem is that they have to deal with NoA who do almost little to no marketing efforts. And I do agree that they fall in the same line but again, despite all those issues, they atleast value their IP unlike SEGA.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Tubalcain

@Artwark: so what!? the worth of SEGA lies solely on IPs you like? what about their other IPs? football manager is huge among its fans, Dawn of War, Total War, IP's from Atlus such as Stella Glow, Tembo, company of heroes, yakuza, aliens, guilty gear and many more.

Just because they mistreat some of the IPs you like doesn't mean they are worthless, SEGA has more to offer than your interests

Tubalcain

Socar

@Tubalcain: Like what? They lost Shenmue an IP that is one of SEGA's purest. And what about Phantasy Star, Shinobi, Sonic, Valkyria Chronicles, Samba De Amigo and the list goes on? And these IP's that I mentioned are some that I am lukewarm with but I know that many of them admire and like. Yeah, they own Atlus but they barely make any use of them unlike how Nintendo makes use of every dev that they own or are in good relationships with.

And while the IP's that you have mentioned are now owned by SEGA, it doesn't mean much since SEGA more or less publishes them instead of developing them. I guarantee you that if SEGA didn't acquire Atlus or many of those western developers out there, you'd be on my side and insult SEGA as much as you can.

Again, I'm being emotional here and I get that you shouldn't rant on companies that do just business but I'm more angry that many consumers who purchased their products aren't satisfied with them and the ones looking forward for the games that they want aren't getting them so in which case SEGA loses audience that wanted some of their IP which is bad for business as you would want more consumers to get into your products.

So if that still doesn't sound fair, Then how about this? I am fine with SEGA as a publisher but I despise them as a game developer.

Edited on by Socar

Tubalcain

who are these customers that are not satisfied? do you have a group? a book club? have you met them all? if what your saying is so prevalent and is the general concesus of a large number of persons, where is the furor? the pitchforks? the change.org petitions? i have met people who are disappointed by one or two games by SEGA but not the entire company.

Tubalcain

Whopper744

I never will get all the Other M hate. The story had some strange parts, but the gameplay I think was great.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

LaserdiscGal

Artwark wrote:

Then fans made a petition that SEGA needed to make a great Sonic game otherwise they will boycott their products and as a result, we have Sonic Colors.

No.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

GrizzlyArctos

@Artwark: Can you prove that this petition influenced Sonic Colours? I highly doubt that it had any influence over any of the Sonic games.

Also, off topic, but wasn't there a petition to change Sonic's arms back after they got changed to blue in Sonic Boom?

Yes, I like bears.

Socar

@Darth_Vader: @GrizzlyArctos: I read it somewhere that the fans demanded a good sonic game that made sonic colors happen but I can't find it anywhere. So my bad I guess.

But still, regardless of how wrong I am about SEGA, I still will say that I am fine with SEGA as a publisher but I despise them as a developer.

Socar

I don't get the high praise Final Fantasy Tactics gets. Seriously, I can't even beat the third level because of how unfair the game is. The version I have is on Android and maybe its just me, but this game is very stingy in how you place your units and that only you can recruit upto five.

And this CP thing this game has is another problem because magic can only be done when the CP reaches fully. When it does, only then the attack starts to take effect. The AI is dumb also. Your friendly units aren't the ones in control and they have stuff that you don't get access to at points and they move around where you don't want them to. How the hell can I use Phoenix Down without the ability? Seriously, you need that and the items ability before you can bother with the others and I didn't know the design flaw had existed earlier.

Lastly, the interface.......oh boy. Its is garbage. The game is in isometric view and while I don't mind the perspective, some of the assets block your access to titles that you can/cannot step on which is irritating.

Socar

@Latte: Just beated level three. Took long enough but I managed to save all my units. But still, this game isn't anywhere as charming as Fire Emblem atleast in the first part. I'm not a fan of the game's narration so far.

Jobs are like classes except the way its done here is so picky and complex. Why is it that you can't use your basic items instead of using your abilities? Its just cumbersome. The fact that only five or less can only be recruited just makes it less strategic.

Still I'll try it till the end but I can say that the level 3 is just as frustrating as the level in Valkyria Chronicles in chapter 3 or so I think where you had to assualt the base at night only that its so time consuming compared to this. But atleast the latter has mid save whereas this one doesn't.

The CT system is problematic and a huge design flaw. It takes time to do the move and you can get killed or kill the enemy before the magic spell is used. And if the enemy goes outside range if you use magic, then the move becomes pointless.

Edited on by Socar

EOTW

I think Spirit Tracks is a wonderful game and it fixes an absurd number of issues that Phantom Hourglass had. Trains are cool.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

Socar

@EOTW: Oh I'm the opposite. I think I love phantom hourglass far better than Spirit Tracks as Spirit Tracks was just plain easy. And I love the sailing of adventure more than the scripted adventure if you get what I mean.

But hey, its still a fine game for what it is though.

Tyranexx

EOTW wrote:

I think Spirit Tracks is a wonderful game and it fixes an absurd number of issues that Phantom Hourglass had. Trains are cool.

Agreed. I've always had a soft spot for trains, and while I get where people are coming from when mentioning that the exploration in PH was less restrictive, there were plenty of optional tracks to unlock. I feel that the Tower of Spirits fixed a lot of what was wrong with the Temple of the Ocean King, and loved the Zelda/Phantom mechanic; her fear of mice even when in the form of a phantom always made me chuckle. I also prefer the music from Spirit Tracks, particularly the main theme:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r0NKH-Tj2vk

Though admittedly PH had my favorite temple out of the two. (Ghost Ship) Also, it had Linebeck and his theme.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

AlliMeadow

I'm sure this isn't an unpopular opinions around here, but I really don't get the point of game trailers that only feature cutscenes. I can understand showing some cutscene action to show off pretty graphics, but come on! Why would I ever buy the new Assassin's Creed game when it doesn't show me any gameplay! Same goes for most game trailers I see.

I generally don't like games that aren't made by Nintendo. To be fair, I should give them a shot, but I don't see why I should bother. All the games I've enjoyed in my life are made by Nintendo, with one exception being the original Need for Speed Most Wanted. Yesterday I looked at top 25 games for the PS4 and Xbox One by IGN, and all I could think was "why should I bother?"

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

jump

AlliMeadow wrote:

I'm sure this isn't an unpopular opinions around here, but I really don't get the point of game trailers that only feature cutscenes. I can understand showing some cutscene action to show off pretty graphics, but come on! Why would I ever buy the new Assassin's Creed game when it doesn't show me any gameplay! Same goes for most game trailers I see.

I generally don't like games that aren't made by Nintendo. To be fair, I should give them a shot, but I don't see why I should bother. All the games I've enjoyed in my life are made by Nintendo, with one exception being the original Need for Speed Most Wanted. Yesterday I looked at top 25 games for the PS4 and Xbox One by IGN, and all I could think was "why should I bother?"

I think at this point people know what to expect from Assassin's Creed so a gameplay trailer isn't needed when they can just do the hype-lookhowbadassitis stuff.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AlliMeadow

@arronishere: Yeah, I get that, but in my experience cutscene footage has been standard in most game trailers recently. Assassin's Creed was just my most recent experience with such a trailer.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Tubalcain

@AlliMeadow: you just don't follow those kind of games closely enough. usually the reveal is made with cutscenes or cgi footages (some add a little gameplay) but the subsequent trailers and other released developmental videos usually focuses on gameplay footages. you just have a preconceived bias against those kind of games. just like your example, just google assassins creed syndicate(as its the latest) gameplay trailer and you will find tons of released gameplay trailers by the developer itself.

for comparison, its basically the same with Zelda U, it was revealed thru a cinematic video and not gameplay. do you mean that you no longer can be bothered because no gameplay was initially revealed in the trailer?

Edited on by Tubalcain

Tubalcain

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic