Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,081 to 3,100 of 12,088

AlliMeadow

Tubalcain wrote:

@AlliMeadow: you just don't follow those kind of games closely enough. usually the reveal is made with cutscenes or cgi footages (some add a little gameplay) but the subsequent trailers and other released developmental videos usually focuses on gameplay footages. you just have a preconceived bias against those kind of games. just like your example, just google assassins creed syndicate(as its the latest) gameplay trailer and you will find tons of released gameplay trailers by the developer itself.

for comparison, its basically the same with Zelda U, it was revealed thru a cinematic video and not gameplay. do you mean that you no longer can be bothered because no gameplay was initially revealed in the trailer?

I can be bothered with Zelda U because I've played other Zelda games and enjoyed some of them, but the cinematic video didn't do anything for me. And yes, I am very biased towards Nintendo. I really enjoy most of the games I've played by them, and I am not in a financial position to even buy all the Nintendo games I want, so why should I bother with games that aren't nintendo? If I were a rich man I'd definitely own all three consoles and buy almost any game I could get my hands on. But with my current economy and schedule I would neither have the money or time to prioritize other games.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Tubalcain

@AlliMeadow: then you just answered your own post, you said you dont get trailers that only featured cutscenes yet you get the trailer of Zelda being merely a cutscene. So just like you, gamers who are fans of games such as assassin's creed will "bother" with those games despite the trailer merely being a cutscene because they have played the prior iterations and/or fans of those kind of games.

also as I have said earlier, those games on PS4 and XBoxOne do release gameplay trailers, you're just not a fan of those games to bother looking for them.

Tubalcain

DefHalan

If the next-generation systems aren't going to have backwards compatibility for at least digital games, then they shouldn't be offering digital games on current-generation systems.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AlliMeadow

I have a strong dislike for abbreviations, and the reason I bring it up is that it is tedious having to look up what they mean when reading forums. Abbreviations like SMB, SMW, TLOZ, etc. are more appropriate on a Nintendo forum than MGSV or MKX. I do get the need for abbreviations when playing and typing at the same time, but they have no place in a debate or discussion where clarity is crucial.

AlliMeadow

kkslider5552000

AlliMeadow wrote:

I have a strong dislike for abbreviations, and the reason I bring it up is that it is tedious having to look up what they mean when reading forums. Abbreviations like SMB, SMW, TLOZ, etc. are more appropriate on a Nintendo forum than MGSV or MKX. I do get the need for abbreviations when playing and typing at the same time, but they have no place in a debate or discussion where clarity is crucial.

Which game do you prefer, SWKOTOR or PMTTYD?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

AlliMeadow

kkslider5552000 wrote:

AlliMeadow wrote:

Which game do you prefer, SWKOTOR or PMTTYD?

I haven't played either, and I had to google the abbreviations to be able to answer the question, but I think I'd enjoy Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door more. In my line of work it is vital to communicate a message as clearly as possible, and it's my job to make sure I'm understood. One should expect that the recipient wants to understand, but not go out of their way to understand what you as a messenger try to communicate.

AlliMeadow

DefHalan

@VeeFlamesNL: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

6ch6ris6

@VeeFlamesNL: Star Wars: Knights of the old republic

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Socar

I didn't know that there is a difference between Tactical RPG's and Strategy RPG's. I always thought that they were the same because SRPG usually meant Simulation RPG.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

SuperWiiU

Artwark wrote:

I didn't know that there is a difference between Tactical RPG's and Strategy RPG's. I always thought that they were the same because SRPG usually meant Simulation RPG.

That's not an opinion, did you post this in the wrong topic?

Socar

@SuperWiiU: Sorry. What I mean to say is that there's not really a difference between TRPG's and SRPG's since you still need a lot of thinking for these kind of games to begin with.

I can say FE is strategy instead of tactical because you need a lot of thinking to keep your units alive.

LzWinky

Well...strategy and tactics are not the same thing. Strategy is the plan and tactics are the execution of said plan. In terms of gameplay, I don't really know if there are any differences based on these definitions

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SuperWiiU

LztheQuack wrote:

Well...strategy and tactics are not the same thing. Strategy is the plan and tactics are the execution of said plan. In terms of gameplay, I don't really know if there are any differences based on these definitions

Between Real-time-Strategy and real-time-Tactics the difference is usually being able to build a base and make more troops or not deciding which it is. If you just have to focus on the next battle with what you have(no base to build more weapons or recruit more soldiers), it's a tactical game. It should be similar with RPG's, though usually the term is used crisscross for RPG's.

CaviarMeths

Civilization and Age of Empires are strategy games. It focuses on all elements of attaining victory, such as managing an economy, investing in technology and infrastructure, and political maneuvering.

Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics, though also RPGs, are tactics games, not strategy. They focus almost entirely on battle, giving you set mission goals, limited units to achieve them, and greater emphasis on unit formation, terrain advantage, and exploiting enemy weakness.

Pure tactics games are very niche and I can't even think of any popular ones. There's the Total War series, but it has turn-based strategy systems outside of battles. But the battles themselves are very RTT.

Basic rule of thumb: Does the game feature resource gathering? If yes, it's a strategy game. If no, it's a tactics game.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

Why not both?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Socar

@SpookyMeths: So then how come in FE you get the chance to buy items even in the battlefield? Not to mention even having the ability to upgrade your weapons during battle (granted, its more of just switching your weapons but since it takes effect, I'll say it equip)?

Both games require a huge level of thinking because the AI in both genres need to be really good. I've played Worms and while the AI was programmed to use limited choices, when they use them, most of the time it works. Same goes for the AI for TRPG.

Speaking of TRPG's, considering how FE and Valkyria Chronicles like sold more than one million units, I don't think its niche anymore.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic