Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,701 to 2,720 of 12,088

DefHalan

I actually think 1 of the problems with the GamePad was it wasn't new enough. You look at it and think Tablet with Buttons. The Wii Remote looked much more unique. You would look at that and ask, how do I control a game with that? The GamePad suffered because it was trying to serve too many masters. Nintendo is at its best when it is leading the way while Sony seems to be the best when it lets others (3rd Parties) lead the way. At least that is my opinion.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

GrizzlyArctos

I actually really liked the Junction System in Final Fantasy VIII. Sure it required a little bit of work to understand, but it added a nice layer of strategy to the game if it's used right.

Yes, I like bears.

iKhan

In the 7th gen (and since), I feel like basically everyone but Nintendo forgot how to use cameras properly. The popularity of first and third person shooters has pushed developers more and more to make 3rd adventure games have cameras that are behind and offset from the main characters.

That's great for viewing the world, but in my opinion, it's incredibly frustrating and non-functional when trying to see around you. Games like Final Fantasy 15 or Horizon: Zero Dawn shouldn't have cameras like that. They should have a camera like Xenoblade Chronicles or Zelda. Far back and centered. Like they were in the 5th and 6th generations

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

SuperWiiU

iKhan wrote:

In the 7th gen (and since), I feel like basically everyone but Nintendo forgot how to use cameras properly. The popularity of first and third person shooters has pushed developers more and more to make 3rd adventure games have cameras that are behind and offset from the main characters.

That's great for viewing the world, but in my opinion, it's incredibly frustrating and non-functional when trying to see around you. Games like Final Fantasy 15 or Horizon: Zero Dawn shouldn't have cameras like that. They should have a camera like Xenoblade Chronicles or Zelda. Far back and centered. Like they were in the 5th and 6th generations

I don't think this is an unpopular opinion. At least in the practical sense most gamers would agree.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Socar

I hate industry analysts. Why can't they just go? Who needs them? Why does Micheal Patcher even bother saying crap about Nintendo going mobile?

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

TylerTheCreator

@Artwark: I've seen your posts around the forums and a lot of them are about how you don't like Nintendo getting criticized.

Some of this criticism is just. Nintendo isn't perfect.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

Whydoievenbother

My thoughts on Nintendo going mobile:
It could either
1. Help them out of the financial rut they're digging themselves into.
or 2. dig them into an even deeper hole.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

DefHalan

MrMario02 wrote:

My thoughts on Nintendo going mobile:
It could either
1. Help them out of the financial rut they're digging themselves into.
or 2. dig them into an even deeper hole.

or 3. it doesn't help but it doesn't hurt.

Are there any other options?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Hendesu

I find it hilarious that people call Partners in Time bad. If anything, it's the most darkness and original RPG game since Super Mario RPG. Bowser inside story was plain terrible.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

OptometristLime

Artwark wrote:

I hate industry analysts. Why can't they just go? Who needs them? Why does Micheal Patcher even bother saying crap about Nintendo going mobile?

How does a random pundit's opinion affect yours in any way, and really you hate them for expressing this view?

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Socar

OptometristLime wrote:

Artwark wrote:

How does a random pundit's opinion affect yours in any way, and really you hate them for expressing this view?

The thing is, its an opinion that rots everyone else around including consumers as well. Seriously, why should they even express the future of the industry and repeatedly spit it out over and over again until our brains make us realize that Nintendo isn't going to the modern times. And for that, I find it irritating because these people are just show offs that don't know what they're talking about and yet you see their opinions actually matter.

@TylerTheCreator: Look, I get it. Nintendo isn't always perfect and I get that. Especially the fact that they still haven't figured out how to port GBA on 3DS.

But the criticisms that Nintendo gets most of the time are wrong feedback like not getting to the modern times or that there isn't voice chat in Splatoon (though honestly, I'd rather play online without it.)

Seeing as how SEGA is making lots of losses because of doing this move of going over to mobile, I don't want Nintendo to copy like everyone else and expect them to make losses again. Imagine the next Pushmo game on phone. How can you move or jump on blocks using just the touch screen? Even better, How can you play Star Fox on phone? Or how about the next Smash on phone? Boy.....gotta love smashing the screen instead of using actual buttons huh?

Seriously, the only reason why smartphone games are out there is because phones are needed. And since you can get them at incredible cheap prices, there are more phones than there are of more games. And yet IGN made one article that Smartphones are selling more than game consoles........seriously?

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

TylerTheCreator

@Artwark: If you don't care for industry analysts, why do you care for what they have to say?

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

Nintendo_Ninja

Free to play is better than a subscription for any game.

This E3 was Nintendo's worst, especially if the games that were revealed are duds.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

FourteenCoast

i think mother 1 is better than mother 3

FourteenCoast

-Green-

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

This E3 was Nintendo's worst, especially if the games that were revealed are duds.

I disagree. I think the E3 with the Wii Music Incident was worse,

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

GMB-001

1- I prefer Ape Escape 1 better than Any other platformer, including the Marios and the Donkey Kongs.

2- Rockman X5 and X6 were my favorite in the series, and I consider them to be the highlights of the franchise.

3- I don't like Western games.. I used to like their platformers like Sly Cooper and Spyro, but once they stopped making those, I stopped buying their games period. I tried their newer games like Skyrim and New Vegas but all what they did was reaffirming my dislike for their games.

4- I don't like Sony's new games like Uncharted or Last of Us, And I wish they would start making sequels to their older IPs like Ape Escape or Kingsely's Adventure.

GMB-001

nacho_chicken

Aromaiden wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

I disagree. I think the E3 with the Wii Music Incident was worse,

E3 '08 was a whole hour of THIS cringe-inducing schlock. The "Big Releases" were Wii Sports Resort and Animal Crossing Wii. How anyone could possibly see E3 '15 as worse is beyond me.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

OneBagTravel

GMB-001 wrote:

1- I prefer Ape Escape 1 better than Any other platformer, including the Marios and the Donkey Kongs.

2- Rockman X5 and X6 were my favorite in the series, and I consider them to be the highlights of the franchise.

3- I don't like Western games.. I used to like their platformers like Sly Cooper and Spyro, but once they stopped making those, I stopped buying their games period. I tried their newer games like Skyrim and New Vegas but all what they did was reaffirming my dislike for their games.

4- I don't like Sony's new games like Uncharted or Last of Us, And I wish they would start making sequels to their older IPs like Ape Escape or Kingsely's Adventure.

Wow, I think you win at having unpopular opinions lol

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

Nintendo_Ninja

They didn't make useless spinoffs of series that needed main series releases in 2008 though. The Wii was booming and full of life. The Wii U needs the big main series titles since it isn't, and they didn't deliver. And most info shown was either boring or old. Whether or not these games are good or not and how it impacts the Wii U's legacy will determine if it was the worst E3 or not.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Jaz007

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

I don't think this is unpopular. I could see it being viewed as one of the worst E3 conferences (or event I should say) ever by one of the big 3, or maybe even publishers. (As a note: it wouldn't be the worst ever though; personally I'd actually say Ubisoft's was worse this year).

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic