Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,721 to 2,740 of 12,088

MasterWario

People put Sakurai on a pedestal. His extreme dedication to his job is admirable, but he's still just a person and he makes plenty of mistakes.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

-Green-

MasterWario wrote:

People put Sakurai on a pedestal. His extreme dedication to his job is admirable, but he's still just a person and he makes plenty of mistakes.

I agree. Sakurai is only human, he's bound to make mistakes.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

grumblebuzzz

@MasterWario: I also find his "Oh, if I have to do another game in this way I might die" attitude about things to be extremely annoying.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

spizzamarozzi

Yellowkoopa wrote:

I guess it depends on how you look at it. The Wii was intended for the casual crowd and the 2008 E3, along with the games announced, did its job well to enforce that, at the expense of pushing their hardcore fans away. The Wii U was supposed to be the console that wins the hardcore Nintendo fans back, but with that E3 2015 digital event, it probably made those people distant themselves from Nintendo even more.

except no casual gamer in the world has ever given a **** about E3.
I think the 2008 conference was far worse. And no president died in the aftermath.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Socar

@MasterWario: I posted a message about it earlier about how Sakurai's ultimate goal is questionable. But even if I posted it here, no one would bother because when I posted earlier, no one bothered.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Ralizah

Nintendo's E3 was nowhere near being one of the worst, but it was a huge let-down after the epic 2014 E3 showing. I wonder how much momentum the Wii U was gaining from Splatoon's success before Nintendo scared everyone away from it?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kkslider5552000

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Yellowkoopa wrote:

I guess it depends on how you look at it. The Wii was intended for the casual crowd and the 2008 E3, along with the games announced, did its job well to enforce that, at the expense of pushing their hardcore fans away. The Wii U was supposed to be the console that wins the hardcore Nintendo fans back, but with that E3 2015 digital event, it probably made those people distant themselves from Nintendo even more.

except no casual gamer in the world has ever given a **** about E3.
I think the 2008 conference was far worse. And no president died in the aftermath.

I disagree, if only because mainstream media and retailers etc. cover it. They very indirectly care about E3.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DefHalan

I think people forget to play a game the way they want to. They get so wrapped up in the meta experience of a game that they forget to just enjoy it. If you don't want to collect all the Pokemon, don't force yourself to do it. If you don't want to collect all the Stars in a Mario game, don't feel like you need to experience. If you don't want to improve your character's relationships in a game, then don't do it. Just play games how you want to play them, don't let others tell you that you are playing a game wrong. As long as you enjoy your experience, there is no wrong way to play a game.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

They didn't make useless spinoffs of series that needed main series releases in 2008 though.

But they did announce Wii Music as the "big reveal"

The Wii was booming and full of life.

And your point is? I didn't realize we gauged e3s based on the actual console and not the games being shown.

The Wii U needs the big main series titles since it isn't, and they didn't deliver.

I want a list of all the amazing games shown at e3 2008...including "main series"

And most info shown was either boring or old. .

In 2008, indeed!

If you are really convinced that e3 2015 was worse, you really need to rewatch 2008. I remember watching it live and being disappointed to no end. e3 2015 announced more games that I wanted to play than 2008 (which was 0 in their main event).

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Socar

DefHalan wrote:

I think people forget to play a game the way they want to. They get so wrapped up in the meta experience of a game that they forget to just enjoy it. If you don't want to collect all the Pokemon, don't force yourself to do it. If you don't want to collect all the Stars in a Mario game, don't feel like you need to experience. If you don't want to improve your character's relationships in a game, then don't do it. Just play games how you want to play them, don't let others tell you that you are playing a game wrong. As long as you enjoy your experience, there is no wrong way to play a game.

While I can agree with you on that, part of me says that its the cost you pay to play the whole game. I mean to get your money's worth, you like need to see the game whether the length is decent or not something which I've been doing for a while.

It also means the satisfaction that you get. Now I don't 100% zelda games because they don't satisfy you much other than making progress easier. Mario games reward you more levels when you make an attempt to collect more stars. Now granted, this really matters to each individual as to how a game should be made, but in today's standards, people just look at the average length to see if they are getting their money's worth.....

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Trotterwatch

I think Nintendo have contempt for their fans and even though I love the 3DS that I currently own, I am unlikely to purchase any future systems from them unless they change their anti-consumer business practices.

Trotterwatch

iKhan

Trotterwatch wrote:

I think Nintendo have contempt for their fans and even though I love the 3DS that I currently own, I am unlikely to purchase any future systems from them unless they change their anti-consumer business practices.

I don't think Nintendo is as much anti-consumer like EA is as they are incompetent with the modern western market. Think of them as a kid from a foreign country. They are going to do things that aren't okay, but they think they are perfectly acceptable and normal.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Arminillo

Smash would be better off if Sakurai stepped down or accepted a much smaller role in developing it.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

DefHalan

Artwark wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

While I can agree with you on that, part of me says that its the cost you pay to play the whole game. I mean to get your money's worth, you like need to see the game whether the length is decent or not something which I've been doing for a while.

It also means the satisfaction that you get. Now I don't 100% zelda games because they don't satisfy you much other than making progress easier. Mario games reward you more levels when you make an attempt to collect more stars. Now granted, this really matters to each individual as to how a game should be made, but in today's standards, people just look at the average length to see if they are getting their money's worth.....

I think you missed the point.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Geonjaha

Dweeb wrote:

Ocarina of Time is no longer all it's cracked up to be.

That's less of an unpopular opinion once you filter out the people with nostalgia goggles and those who are huge Zelda fans. It isn't really that surprising though - the game was very innovative at the time. The problem is that people fail to look past that and realize that actually, compared to many games since then, it's really flawed.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

-Green-

Dweeb wrote:

Yeah, that's pretty much how it works for almost all games. Over time games surpass them and improve on what they were; it's just a natural form of progression. So it's perfectly understandable that a game isn't as amazing and unique as it once was, when comparing it to newer games. Although in the end, it really doesn't change how amazing and innovative that certain game was for its time.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ralizah

Honestly, I'm surprised how well Majora's Mask is designed. All it needed were a few alterations to its core mechanics to make it feel like a modern game. Playing it, I never felt like I was playing a retouched version of an old game, like I did with OoT3D.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

octoman2611

Aromaiden wrote:

Dweeb wrote:

Yeah, that's pretty much how it works for almost all games. Over time games surpass them and improve on what they were; it's just a natural form of progression. So it's perfectly understandable that a game isn't as amazing and unique as it once was, when comparing it to newer games. Although in the end, it really doesn't change how amazing and innovative that certain game was for its time.

This is true, I'd say the only game that hasn't aged in this way is Super Mario Bros., which is still just as much pure, unadulterated fun today as it was 30 years ago.

octoman2611

Geonjaha

octoman2611 wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Dweeb wrote:

This is true, I'd say the only game that hasn't aged in this way is Super Mario Bros., which is still just as much pure, unadulterated fun today as it was 30 years ago.

The only game? Lol. There are plenty of games that don't age badly. Ocarina of Time did because it was one of the first fully 3D world games. So much of it was built to impress people at the time, not because it actually made sense in the game.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic