Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,041 to 2,060 of 12,088

Ralizah

unrandomsam wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

KeeperBvK wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

MarioKartParty57 wrote:

Brawl is terrible and you all know it's terrible.

Except it isn't. It has it's flaws, but it's still a good game.

Nah, it IS terrible. Both as a sequel and as a game. Both in single- and multiplayer.

It was a flawed game, but it was still fun to play.

Flawed game with good cutscenes seems to be what people want sadly. (Brawl kind of gave them that).

Every game is flawed.

Brawl was good for what it was: a more casual, beginner-friendly take on the Smash Bros. franchise.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kyuubikid213

Ralizah wrote:

Brawl was good for what it was: a more casual, beginner-friendly take on the Smash Bros. franchise.

And we have a winner...or at least an opinion I agree with.

To be honest, I played Melee occasionally (as in...maybe 10 times) before I played Brawl and I'd not seen the N64 version until a few years ago, so I never knew why people felt the way they did toward Brawl. Enter Smash for Wii U and 3DS and now I see why. I can just go back to playing Brawl, but I'm so used to Smash Wii U/3DS's mechanics now that it's hard...

But it's still a fun game and I think it's far from terrible.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

Rayman Origins >> Super Mario 3d Land or any of the New Super Mario Bros games. but then again Yahtzee thinks so as well, so it isn't too unpopular

...it isn't unpopular at all. I mean, Origins didn't exactly sell gangbusters, but you'd actually be hardpressed to find someone on this forum that liked New Super Mario Bros. 2 more than Rayman Origins that has actually played both games. I think even Waveboy might praise it over the New SMB games...though he didn't seem to care for either of them, tbh.

Rayman Origins deserved to be called a new video game release, so I would hope this wouldn't be too unpopular an opinion.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Jaz007

Ralizah wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

KeeperBvK wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

MarioKartParty57 wrote:

Nah, it IS terrible. Both as a sequel and as a game. Both in single- and multiplayer.

Flawed game with good cutscenes seems to be what people want sadly. (Brawl kind of gave them that).

Every game is flawed.

Brawl was the best SSB during it's reign. Now I'm not sure if the new one or Brawl is the best. I always liked it more than Melee.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

Brawl was flawed for all the wrong reasons, though. It was slow and floaty, to the point where movement didn't feel natural. Honest to god, I actually found it much harder to play than the supposedly more hardcore Melee. The tripping didn't help. The only positive change I can think of were those items you could collect for a super attack (both the jet thing and the Super Smash Balls), and I'm glad they're in the new one. Really, though, as far as I'm concerned, the Wii U Smash Bros. rendered the rest of the series completely obsolete...

Also screw those bonus mini-games in Brawl. I don't pick up a fighting game just so I can play a Shmup or...whatever the hell that punching bag thing was supposed to be. Space Emissary was nice for a single runthrough, though, but I wouldn't replay it like I would the Classic and Adventure modes in Melee and SSBU.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

iKhan

For me, one of the big differentiating factors Melee has from the other games is it's stages. IMO, neither Smash 3DS, Wii U, nor Brawl have managed to make stage designs as good as in Melee.

Melee actually balances hazards, moving elements, etc. Brawl and Smash 4 just seem to try to throw whatever crap they can into a stage to make it thematically relevant. Also, can they please stop nerfing Marth?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CanisWolfred

iKhan wrote:

For me, one of the big differentiating factors Melee has from the other games is it's stages. IMO, neither Smash 3DS, Wii U, nor Brawl have managed to make stage designs as good as in Melee.

Melee actually balances hazards, moving elements, etc. Brawl and Smash 4 just seem to try to throw whatever crap they can into a stage to make it thematically relevant. Also, can they please stop nerfing Marth?

...You got me there. I tend to play on the Melee Stages and Final Destination even in Brawl and Wii U.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DefHalan

CanisWolfred wrote:

iKhan wrote:

...You got me there. I tend to play on the Melee Stages and Final Destination even in Brawl and Wii U.

I think with the FD option for every level they focused to much on making interactive levels, which will make a lot of players stick to the Melee levels, Animal Crossing levels, or FD levels. I know I just default select FD Mode Random, so it can be fair and mix up the background a little.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Kyloctopus

Yoshi's New Island is spectacular. No longer is 100%ing levels freaking unfair now. No longer is the egg throwing mechanic bad because the gyroscope works really well in that game. And the 2 things that get criticised the most is its presentation and music which is also great. The pastel art style feels well done, albeit makes the 3D lackluster. I'll also defend the cheery music. Makes me gleeful and I feel it's really fitting with the Yoshi's Island series. I appreciate the composers for going the unusual direction, because it was a really good way to go. And of course there is the bigger features, such as level design, which was mad made more linear and less scattered. If you were to ask me, the Yoshi's Island series really improves as the series later goes on.

STOP WITH ALL THE ZELDA GAMES!!! Since the 3DS' launch, there have been a total of 6 different Zelda games released and there still is 1 more to be released soon. There's little need for Majora's Mask 3D and there's little need for Hyrule Warriors. I hope after the new Zelda game releases, the series gets some sort of hiatus, because at some point, we'll get to where they are straight up milking the series.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

MajinSoul

CaviarMeths wrote:

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on Yoshi's New Island: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85AB1p6wpaY

Awesome!

Wait, there have been 6 Zelda games since the launch of the 3DS? Which ones am I missing: Wind Waker HD, Ocarina of Time 3D, Majoras Mask 3D and A Link Between Worlds. Those are 4. (Don't even try to call Hyrule Warrior a Zelda game; that's a Warriors game with TLOZ characters and themes and plays nothing like a Zelda game). Also, I think Majoras Mask 3D was needed The demand was high and the original game is pretty outdated now and heavily benefited from the remake.

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid | Twitter:

unrandomsam

Ralizah wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

KeeperBvK wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

MarioKartParty57 wrote:

Every game is flawed.

(Almost ?) Every game has minor flaws (Or glitches) but that is not the same as a flawed game.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Rumorlife

unrandomsam wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

KeeperBvK wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

MarioKartParty57 wrote:

Every game is flawed.

(Almost ?) Every game has minor flaws (Or glitches) but that is not the same as a flawed game.

Rumorlife

CanisWolfred

MajinSoul wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on Yoshi's New Island: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85AB1p6wpaY

Awesome!

Wait, there have been 6 Zelda games since the launch of the 3DS? Which ones am I missing: Wind Waker HD, Ocarina of Time 3D, Majoras Mask 3D and A Link Between Worlds. Those are 4. (Don't even try to call Hyrule Warrior a Zelda game; that's a Warriors game with TLOZ characters and themes and plays nothing like a Zelda game). Also, I think Majoras Mask 3D was needed The demand was high and the original game is pretty outdated now and heavily benefited from the remake.

You're missing Skyward Sword...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

iKhan

There is nothing wrong with occasionally looking at a walkthrough when you are stuck. Trying to solve a problem you have been stuck on for a very long time is akin to trying to debug code. Often times the answer is something super simple that will be tedious and frustrating to find. If I'm not going to be having fun at that point, a walkthrough makes perfect sense.

Good example: In Zelda:SS, I didn't know how to get around the Skulltulas in Skyview Temple. I spent forever with different items, different attack angles, just trying to jump past, etc. It didn't even cross my mind to spin it around to attack it even though it's a pretty simple solution.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CanisWolfred

iKhan wrote:

There is nothing wrong with occasionally looking at a walkthrough when you are stuck. Trying to solve a problem you have been stuck on for a very long time is akin to trying to debug code. Often times the answer is something super simple that will be tedious and frustrating to find. If I'm not going to be having fun at that point, a walkthrough makes perfect sense.

Good example: In Zelda:SS, I didn't know how to get around the Skulltulas in Skyview Temple. I spent forever with different items, different attack angles, just trying to jump past, etc. It didn't even cross my mind to spin it around to attack it even though it's a pretty simple solution.

Oh good, so I'm not the only one who had that problem.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jacob717

iKhan wrote:

I agree. Usually I do the dungeons by myself, but I look up a guide of the over world to make sure I don't skip over anything important or something that might be really useful.

Jacob717

Socar

I don't know what to expect from Nintendo for this youtube thing. Its not like these guys are making a fortune out of Youtube infact, Youtube itself is broken. This didn't happen before so why is it that now Youtube brings such a thing?

I can understand movies and maybe.....music but I don't get the point of showing gameplay footage that is either outdated or something that barely harms the developers.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic