Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,061 to 2,080 of 12,088

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

I don't know what to expect from Nintendo for this youtube thing. Its not like these guys are making a fortune out of Youtube infact, Youtube itself is broken. This didn't happen before so why is it that now Youtube brings such a thing?

I can understand movies and maybe.....music but I don't get the point of showing gameplay footage that is either outdated or something that barely harms the developers.

I'm unclear on what your stance is. Not worth Nintendo's time? Not worth Youtubers' time?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Socar

@CaviarMeths Sorry about that. Its not worth Youtuber's time really because Their products sell well without them and when they complain so much about their footage being removed, how much would they get just by putting footage? Doing a Youtube job isn't something like a full job but rather a part time so I doubt that Nintendo would change this policy once they realize how much an average Youtuber is being paid. Come to think about it, I don't see many let's players play a lot of Nintendo games in general. Sure maybe SGB and Brainscratch but that aside, nothing else pops up.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

AceDefective

shaneoh wrote:

Subspace emissary disagrees with you.

Also melee isn't as good as people make it out to be

From a casual's standpoint who doesn't care about "advance techs", the most Melee has going for it is its speed and physics. Everything else content wise have been done better in the sequels, Smash 3DS included.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

Sorry about that. Its not worth Youtuber's time really because Their products sell well without them and when they complain so much about their footage being removed, how much would they get just by putting footage? Doing a Youtube job isn't something like a full job but rather a part time so I doubt that Nintendo would change this policy once they realize how much an average Youtuber is being paid. Come to think about it, I don't see many let's players play a lot of Nintendo games in general. Sure maybe SGB and Brainscratch but that aside, nothing else pops up.

Still not sure if I understand. You feel that posting gameplay videos is a waste of time because it's not a conventional, full time job?

And I get the feeling that the main criticism of the platform is loss of control. Uploaders must submit to Nintendo's standards and regulations, and in many cases, upload on Nintendo's channel rather than their own. That's not in the spirit of content creation. It's freelance marketing. It's PR.

And if it really has no effect on Nintendo's business, as you suggest, then why in the world would they waste time and resources implementing this system? Companies do not invest in a model where there is no earning potential.

Honestly, it's not much different from Valve opening up Skyrim mods for monetizing. In fact, this is worse, because at least Valve made their platform optional. Nintendo just wants to control what people say about them and take a fat royalty check every time they open their mouths. There isn't even the illusion of doing this "for the community," like Valve was trying to push.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Geonjaha

Artwark wrote:

Doing a Youtube job isn't something like a full job but rather a part time.

Wrong. Many of the biggest YouTubers have it as their full time job. Whether or not people think its a 'real job' (whatever the hell that means) is irrelevant. So much of the defence of Nintendo's system comes from people who either don't understand, or are simply supporting it because they don't like the idea of YouTubers making a living doing what they do in the first place, which is pretty pathetic.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Ralizah

iKhan wrote:

There is nothing wrong with occasionally looking at a walkthrough when you are stuck. Trying to solve a problem you have been stuck on for a very long time is akin to trying to debug code. Often times the answer is something super simple that will be tedious and frustrating to find. If I'm not going to be having fun at that point, a walkthrough makes perfect sense.

Agreed. Functionally, it is no different than consulting a strategy guide.

Moreover, while I try not to spoil puzzles or the main campaign of a game with a walkthrough, I have no issue consulting it for stupid, hidden side stuff. If I play a game, I want to experience as much of it as possible the first time without pixel hunting for secrets.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Faruko

Crysis 1 and Warhead are some of the best FPS of the last generation and the last game that actually felt it did something different

They give you HUGE ISLAND, som amazing powers, and a lot ton of things to kill (and some secondary objetives)...

Its the perfect sandbox game, you can do things the way you want.
Want to punch everyone in the face and throw them over the air ? Check
Want to go guns blazing ? Check
Want to go stealth ? Check
Want to go full speed ahead doing parkour ? Check

Played both games many many times in many many different ways, sandbox games sucks because yes there are tons of things to do, but the way you do it are so mundane, boring and uninteresting it makes ith worthless (By the way, GTA its the most boring game ive ever played)

And i stil think Crysis 1 / Warhead looks better than most PS4/XB1 games

And for the final icing of the cake, Consoles killed Crysis, yes they did.

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

CanisWolfred

@Faruko - slightly different genre, but have you played Deus Ex or Deus Ex: Human Revolution? Something tels me you'd enjoy them.

Personally, I felt Crysis was interesting, but it hasn't aged well - visually it's no longer as impressive as it used to be and its power requirements were more due to poor optomization than anything else (it still chugs on my modern pc on medium even though more advanced games can be run just fine on higher settings). The controls and weapons aren't particularly great, and driving is awful in that game. I haven't played Warhead, so it might be a better game, but I still feel its held back. I do agree that it does the sandbox thing very well, missions are well-structured (if a little padded and same-y sometimes), the iisland is big and most missions have many ways to be approached. The stealth suit also is a nice touch, adding something different to each playstyle. That said, I'd rather play Far Cry 4, personally. A similar enough concept with much more variety and a smoother overall experience, as far as I've seen. Plus I found the story more interesting and engaging in that one.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Faruko

@CanisWolfred

Oh i did, but its somewhat different thats more of an RPG kind of stuff, i love that game so much (and the series) but i meant as a sandbox game, i feel a lot of sandbox games fail because the way you do all those amazing things are pretty much the same over and over again, its one of the reason i havent been able to play Far Cry 4, i loved Far Cry 3 it was an amazing game, Far Cry 4 must be just as good, but i dont feel playing a game with different tasks but pretty much the same gameplay

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

CanisWolfred

Faruko wrote:

@CanisWolfred

Oh i did, but its somewhat different thats more of an RPG kind of stuff, i love that game so much (and the series) but i meant as a sandbox game, i feel a lot of sandbox games fail because the way you do all those amazing things are pretty much the same over and over again, its one of the reason i havent been able to play Far Cry 4, i loved Far Cry 3 it was an amazing game, Far Cry 4 must be just as good, but i dont feel playing a game with different tasks but pretty much the same gameplay

I haven't played Far Cry 3, but I think Far Cry 4 added a lot of small but deeply important changes to the gameplay. At the very least, I think if you can come up with more ways to approach Crysis than just going invisible and stealth-killing everything, or going full armor and mowing everything down like a juggernaut, I think you'd find plenty to do in Far Cry 4 that you may not have done in Far Cry 3.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Matty2310

I don't think Brawl is terrible.

iKhan wrote:

There is nothing wrong with occasionally looking at a walkthrough when you are stuck. Trying to solve a problem you have been stuck on for a very long time is akin to trying to debug code. Often times the answer is something super simple that will be tedious and frustrating to find. If I'm not going to be having fun at that point, a walkthrough makes perfect sense.

Good example: In Zelda:SS, I didn't know how to get around the Skulltulas in Skyview Temple. I spent forever with different items, different attack angles, just trying to jump past, etc. It didn't even cross my mind to spin it around to attack it even though it's a pretty simple solution.

Pretty much me in almost every Zelda game. I feel like I'm cheating through not figuring out a puzzle for myself when I look at at instructions. Which is why I was pretty pleased with myself when I beat SS without any help. It's also why I still haven't beaten Minish Cap and Majora's Mask after around three years since getting them, as i don't want outside help but I just don't get around to trying to figure things out and haven't played them in ages.

For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Kirby95, I just changed my username.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7224-8981

Whydoievenbother

CanisWolfred wrote:

MajinSoul wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on Yoshi's New Island: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85AB1p6wpaY

Awesome!

Wait, there have been 6 Zelda games since the launch of the 3DS? Which ones am I missing: Wind Waker HD, Ocarina of Time 3D, Majoras Mask 3D and A Link Between Worlds. Those are 4. (Don't even try to call Hyrule Warrior a Zelda game; that's a Warriors game with TLOZ characters and themes and plays nothing like a Zelda game). Also, I think Majoras Mask 3D was needed The demand was high and the original game is pretty outdated now and heavily benefited from the remake.

You're missing Skyward Sword...

And 4 Swords Anniversary Edition....

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

LzWinky

Artwark wrote:

I don't know what to expect from Nintendo for this youtube thing. Its not like these guys are making a fortune out of Youtube infact, Youtube itself is broken. This didn't happen before so why is it that now Youtube brings such a thing?

I can understand movies and maybe.....music but I don't get the point of showing gameplay footage that is either outdated or something that barely harms the developers.

I really don't care about Youtube or the whole Let's Play shenanigans

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Socar

CaviarMeths wrote:

Still not sure if I understand. You feel that posting gameplay videos is a waste of time because it's not a conventional, full time job?

And I get the feeling that the main criticism of the platform is loss of control. Uploaders must submit to Nintendo's standards and regulations, and in many cases, upload on Nintendo's channel rather than their own. That's not in the spirit of content creation. It's freelance marketing. It's PR.

And if it really has no effect on Nintendo's business, as you suggest, then why in the world would they waste time and resources implementing this system? Companies do not invest in a model where there is no earning potential.

Because they see it as means of others making money by simply posting their works. Seriously though, isn't it unfair to say that Nintendo is a greedy pig when others like SEGA, Capcom and even EA follow this?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Every Let's Play channel is dumb except for Arin & Dan EPs of Game Grumps.

In terms of popular channels, you might actually be right unfortunately.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iKhan

Despite his fanbase, Chuggaaconroy is pretty good. His LPs tend to be really deep and informative.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

Because they see it as means of others making money by simply posting their works. Seriously though, isn't it unfair to say that Nintendo is a greedy pig when others like SEGA, Capcom and even EA follow this?

They aren't just simply posting Nintendo's works...

Why do you think people watch LPs?

And yes, it is fair to equally condemn every company that has such terrible and stupid policies.

gcunit

Matty2310 wrote:

Pretty much me in almost every Zelda game. I feel like I'm cheating through not figuring out a puzzle for myself when I look at at instructions. Which is why I was pretty pleased with myself when I beat SS without any help. It's also why I still haven't beaten Minish Cap and Majora's Mask after around three years since getting them, as i don't want outside help but I just don't get around to trying to figure things out and haven't played them in ages.

I hate having to resort to outside help with Zelda, but there are a few puzzles that are really fussy about where you're standing when you try something (e.g. Tower of the Gods in WWHD). It also annoys that there's not a story & hints log, meaning you have to remember everything you've alreaady done or retread your steps to find the key hint you've forgotten.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

grumblebuzzz

Super Mario 3D World is EXTREMELY overrated to me.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic