Forums

Topic: Top 100 Games of All Time

Posts 21 to 40 of 47

Chrono_Cross

sir_Anthony wrote:

Why is this better? Can you explain it to me? is it a fact? or is it your opinion?

No it's not a fact. It's an opinion. Calm down.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

I-U

Geonjaha wrote:

It's funny because people still actually think Ocarina of Time is the best game ever. Definitely no nostalgia blindless there guys...

From that list, only Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario Galaxy could overthrow it. In ratings, the latter did. That said, I have not played every game on that list nor any Zelda game on that list with the exception of OoT. I personally think its amazing after I completed it in late 2012, certainly the best experience on the 3DS so far.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Void

CanisWolfred wrote:

Void wrote:

Mario Kart 7? What?
@Chrono_Cross, @MickeyMac seems to think otherwise.

It's an opinion, substatiated by the fact that I played ALttP and thought it was better than Majora's Mask. Therefore it's both.

...I'm just messing around.

Well, I was going to go all like "Chrono_Cross! MickeyMac is instigating again!!!!" like a little kid, but that would be awkard more than anything.
But really, Mario Kart 7, in the top one hundred games of all time? I would give it a chance in the top 1000, maybe, and Metroid Prime 2 above 3, seriously?...

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

CanisWolfred

In all seriousness, I was actually hoping this was a thread for us to list our top 100 games of all time. That sounds very ambitious. Would anyone else be up for that? Yes? No?

Or maybe Top 50, which might be a tad more realistic, but harder on those who have played a lot of games?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

CanisWolfred wrote:

Or maybe Top 50, which might be a tad more realistic, but harder on those who have played a lot of games?

Top 50 seems more, uh, possible. lol

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Namco

CanisWolfred wrote:

Void wrote:

Mario Kart 7? What?
@Chrono_Cross, @MickeyMac seems to think otherwise.

It's an opinion, substatiated by the fact that I played ALttP and thought it was better than Majora's Mask. Therefore it's both.

...I'm just messing around.

It's a fact that's it's an opinion right? i get it
and if we are gonna make or own top 50 my vote is for majorasmask!

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

CanisWolfred

I was think of, um, people making their own lists, rather than a voting to see who makes top 50 out of all of our lists. Because that's less work on my part.

...unless someone else is interested in doing that. Then I'd be up for it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Void

CanisWolfred wrote:

Give me a few more years of living to play more really awesome games.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

HawkeyeWii

Well that site clearly liked Metal Gear and Super Mario Galaxy.....

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

Do people ever get tired of debating about other people's lists that obviously will not agree with their own personal opinions? Just like every other top 10-100 list, everyone has their own two cents. I personally don't agree with G4 that Bioshock is the third best game of all time, but I don't really care that they do.

The bottom line is this: You can't put a numerical value on a thing that will bring different levels of enjoyment to different people.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

In all seriousness, I was actually hoping this was a thread for us to list our top 100 games of all time. That sounds very ambitious. Would anyone else be up for that? Yes? No?

I'll try top 50. Like I basically know my top 20, in no order beyond the first one (and the first five > the other games)

Metroid Prime, Orange Box, Mother 3, Smash Bros. Melee, Paper Mario, Sonic Mega Collection, DKC2, Beyond Good and Evil, World of Goo, Star Fox 64, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, Yoshi's Island, Halo PC, Mario 3, Xenoblade, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Kirby's Adventure

and the other 30 I guess would be

Golden Sun, Golden Sun: Lost Age, Mass Effect 2, Assassin's Creed 2 and 3, Red Dead Redemption, Halo 2, Link's Awakening, Wind Waker, Pokemon Soulsilver, Chrono Trigger, Tales of Phantasia, Dragon Quest Monsters 2, Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime, Cave Story, Little King's Story, Muramasa, Megaman 3, Kirby's Dreamland 2, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario Bros DX, Mario Galaxy 2, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Trials and Tribulations, Apollo Justice, Rhythm Heaven DS, Retro Game Challenge, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Soul Calibur 2 (in general since I played both the GCN and arcade versions a lot), Mischief Makers

Yeah this is tough. There's so many games I left off here I love.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

brooks83

sir_Anthony wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

sir_Anthony wrote:

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

sir_Anthony wrote:

I mean is "Zelda a link to the past" really better than Zelda majoras mask?!

Yes, yes it is.

Really? Are you serious?

A Link to the Past IS better than Majora's Mask. Why is that hard to fathom?

Why is it better? Can you explain it to me? is it a fact? or is it your opinion?

Obviously, it's my opinion. Although, I don't know what you're getting upset about, as Majora's Mask is rated higher than LttP on the list. I guess you just would have had to grow up in the 80's to get why it's such a great game. The game completely blew me away when I first played it. The graphics, the story, the incredible soundtrack. After a recent playthrough I can safely say I enjoyed playing through it more than I did Majora's Mask.

I am also surprised to see that Doom is nowhere on the list.

brooks83

CanisWolfred

brooks83 wrote:

Obviously, it's my opinion. Although, I don't know what you're getting upset about, as Majora's Mask is rated higher than LttP on the list. I guess you just would have had to grow up in the 80's to get why it's such a great game. The game completely blew me away when I first played it.

Incorrect. I grew up in the 90's/00's, and I was blown away by A Link To The Past when I first played it. And for the record, I played Majora's Mask first. As in it was my First Zelda. I always loved it as a kid, too. But that changed immediately after playing ALttP. It had a surprisingly interesting, yet subtle story. I enjoyed trying to figure it out as a kid. While Majora's Mask may have a better story overall, half of that is due to the atmosphere.

But what made A Link to the Past great was its gameplay and world. The gameplay was very fine-tuned, and the game walked you through the learning curves without ever really holding your hand. It's just difficult enough to make you pay attention, but not so difficult that it becomes frustrating or a chore. It's almost always fair. Majora's Mask didn't really have time to teach you how to play the game, which made it incredibly frustrating on its first playthrough. I can't believe I still ended up liking it as a kid despite never knowing what I was doing. Those transformations were really cool, though.

The dungeons in ALttp are all very cleverly designed. Not as well as the first game, but it really knew its strengths, and built upon them. They were all challenging and filled to the brim with puzzles. Every dungeon brought a new challenge. It was the very standard that later games eventually adopted, but it still impresses me to this day. Majora's Mask is no slouch in the dungeons, either, but there are only 4 or 5 of them, and I never felt any of them were as well-designed or memorable as any of ALttP's dungeons. The first two seemed more cookie-cutter and predictable, while the rest were either too challenging to enjoy, or at the very least I was too busy rushing through them to admire them.

The world in A Link To The Past was absolutely humongous, still one of the largest in Zelda's history, especially when you consider that there are two worlds instead of just one. It was interesting to traverse, varied, and filled with unique and interesting characters. Majora's Mask's world wasn't nearly as big or varied, and it was harder to explore with that time limit. It did have great characters, though, I'll give it that.

Really, I could go on. A Link to the Past was one of my favorite games of all time for a while, and it's still my third favorite Zelda game, after Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, and despite playing Majora's Mask first, as well as playing the Oracle games in between, I found A Link to the Past to be a much more impressive game. It's just a great game.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

brooks83

Well said. Majora's Mask is definately a great game too, but it just doesn't hold a candle to ALttP.

brooks83

Sprite

Really? Minecraft at 64? Wow.

And to add to the conversation, in my opinion neither is better. (waits for mind blowing moment to end) That's the thing about Zelda games, they are almost all different. Majora's Mask is for those people who like to get to the nitty gritty and do a lot of side quests, or can't handle all of the story at once. LttP is more of a classic Zelda and a very good one at that. It takes elements of Ocarina of Time with 2 distinctly different worlds and makes it a new experience. It gives the dungeon crawler feel of the original Zelda and gives it a wholesome story. It all depends on what gameplay style you are more in love in. Both are fun, but Majora's Mask gives an atmosphere that I like for a lazy day on the couch. For LttP I have played through it and is a great game for on the go on the gameboy. Both sides of the story are valid, it just depends on what genre you like. PHEWW! That took FOREVER!

Edited on by Sprite

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.
Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

zoroarkrules25

Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky isn't on here gasp. I am happy that mario rpg is there though it should be higher up in my opinion.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

kkslider5552000

Sprite wrote:

Really? Minecraft at 64? Wow.

It should probably be higher but really awful youtube channels (Yogscast may or may not be the main exception, depending on my mood) and overexposure has probably annoyed a lot of people.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.