Forums

Topic: Thread of totally awesome Netflix Instant recommendations

Posts 681 to 700 of 1,051

RevolverLink

I actually hadn't not watched Christmas Vacation prior to last year, but yeah, it's definitely a good Christmas movie.

I still prefer the first Vacation, though.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

JeanLuc_Vaycard

They finally added the first 7 seasons of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." Show is effing hilarious. Go watch now!

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Tasuki

Been watching Deadliest Warrior the past few days and its alot more interesting than I thought. I f you like documentaries about all kinds of weapons and combat styles from ancient to modern than I highly recommend this series.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RevolverLink

I've been watching some of the classic Doctor Who serials they have available. They're a bit cheesy (oh boy, those special effects...), but they're still good fun.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Been watching Blood+. I'm not even a huge anime fan but I am liking this one. Also High School of the Dead is always awesome but many already know of that series.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Tasuki

Serj_Vaykian wrote:

Been watching Blood+. I'm not even a huge anime fan but I am liking this one. Also High School of the Dead is always awesome but many already know of that series.

Yeah both of those are good Anime. I am still trying to get the nerve up to watch the live action Blood+ but after seeing too many crappy live action anime based films (DBZ and Initial D) its hard to try and get up the nerve to watch another one just to be let down.

My Backlog

RevolverLink

Parks and Rec is one of those shows that I could watch every week and never get sick of. That shaky first season aside, I'm not sure there's been a single episode that I haven't enjoyed.

The Revloggery

Splat

Yes, Parks and Rec is awesome.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

RevolverLink

I rewatched season 1 of Parks and Rec for the first time in ages, and it was better than I remembered. It wasn't anything remarkable (like seasons 2-through-present), but I wouldn't call it bad either. Leslie, Ron, Andy and the various minor characters like Jerry and Donna still weren't quite themselves yet, but you could definitely tell that the writers and actors were starting to figure out what they had by around episodes 5 and 6.

And I also always forget just how much I enjoy 30 Rock, for some reason. I'm loving season 5 right now.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Jamouse

RevolverLink wrote:

I've been watching some of the classic Doctor Who serials they have available. They're a bit cheesy (oh boy, those special effects...), but they're still good fun.

I actually prefer the special effects in classic Who. I just like the fact that they put thought and effort into making animatronics and finding good locations instead of just filming 90% of the show in front of a green screen.

Jamouse

Chrono_Cross

DarkKnight wrote:

Whoever said watch four seasons of Parks and Recreation in less than a month was a sage.

Definitely. The only other shows that come to mind that had my addiction were Breaking Bad and That 70's Show. Though, That 70's Show had me watching all eight seasons with 200 episodes in less than a month.

Either way, all great shows.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

rayword45

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/14/cartoon-network-and-ad...

So hopefully this is the start of some really great stuff to come.

Recommendations starting March 31

The Boondocks - Great social satire, although a bit overkill with the swearing and male nudity.
Aqua Teen Hunger Force - First 2-3 seasons are brilliant examples of dadaist humor.
Regular Show - Loaded with some really good dialogue (specifically during the slower first half of each episode), although at times the humor feel forced.

Hopefully I'll be able to recommend these sooner or later

Space Ghost Coast to Coast - Still the greatest talk show of all time
Ed Edd n Eddy - Chockful of great character development, and good usage of innuendo doesn't feel forced.
Moral Orel - Also great satire. A real downer though.
Sym-Bionic Titan - RENEW THE DAMNED SHOW SNYDER
Frisky Dingo - Goes hand-in-hand with Archer, and that's on Netflix already.

Edited on by rayword45

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Tasuki

Been streaming Burn Notice the past few nights. Pretty good show IMO.

My Backlog

k8sMum

i love netflix and amazon prime, but i cannot stand hulu. we no longer use cable: we get the local pbs and regular stations and between netflix and amazon prime it is pretty good.

the only thing i miss is we don't have a local cbs station so no craig ferguson, which is almost more than i can stand.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic