Forums

Topic: Thread of totally awesome Netflix Instant recommendations

Posts 701 to 720 of 1,051

RevolverLink

I re-watched Firefly for the fourth time. Just as enjoyable as the first time I watched it.

Swiket wrote:

Community is produced by Sony Pictures, and they gave Hulu the exclusive rights to stream it.

Yep. You'll either have to buy/rent/borrow the discs from somebody, or join Hulu Plus. The show is worth it, though (and season four starts this week!).

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Happy_Mask

theblackdragon wrote:

haha, i just noticed they added Happy Gilmore. hells yeah~

Untitled
on an unrelated note, Heroes is awesome.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

RevolverLink

After taking a break for a few months, I'm starting to pick up where I left off with Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel (start of season 5 for Buffy, start of season 2 for Angel), although, honestly, I kinda just want to watch Angel.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

turtlelink

theblackdragon wrote:

There are new episodes of Top Gear up on Netflix.

You are all welcome.

Oh wow, I didn't even know Top Gear was on Netflix.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Tasuki

theblackdragon wrote:

You are all welcome.

I always think of that racing series Top Gear when someone mentions the name of that program.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Captain_Toad

Ouran High School Host Club
Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
X-Men
Sgt. Frog (whatever's left of it) ;_;
Oh! Edo Rocket.
Equibrium (if that's how spell it)

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

WesCash

RevolverLink wrote:

I re-watched Firefly for the fourth time. Just as enjoyable as the first time I watched it.

Swiket wrote:

Community is produced by Sony Pictures, and they gave Hulu the exclusive rights to stream it.

Yep. You'll either have to buy/rent/borrow the discs from somebody, or join Hulu Plus. The show is worth it, though (and season four starts this week!).

Community is on Canadian Netflix. Dunno why.

theblackdragon wrote:

You are all welcome.

I honestly had no idea what to think when a friend suggested we watch Top Gear. I know nothing about cars and had never even heard of the program before. Nevertheless, it was one of the most hilarious and ridiculous hours of TV I have ever seen. Apparently it's a big deal in the rest of the world.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

RevolverLink

Season 3 of Archer is now available (including the great three-parter, Heart of Archness).

Can any K-drama fans recommend a good series or two for a complete novice to start with? I'm somewhat interested in giving the genre a try, but I don't want anything too soap opera-y (which from my, again complete novice, perspective, is what many of them sound like).

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Tasuki

A bunch of Cartoon Network and Adult Swim shows have been added instant streaming including, Ed Edd and Eddy, Adventure Time, Dextar's Laboratory, Boondocks, Johnny Bravo and alot more.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RevolverLink

As long as you don't mind reading subtitles, I whole-heartedly recommend both Departures and Shall We Dance?. They're two of my favorite films.

The Revloggery

RR529

For anyone interested, there are six classic Toho kaiju films on instant streaming.

• Ghidorah: the Three Headed Monster
  • Rodan
  • Godzilla vs Monster Zero
  • Terror of Mechagodzilla
  • Godzilla's Revenge
  • Rise of the Gargantuans

All incredibly campy, but fun (only watched the first three so far)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

theblackdragon

@WesCash: regarding Top Gear — i knoooooow! I am not a huge car fan, i couldn't care less about most of the high-end cars they're reviewing, but those three men are hilarious together and i can (and have) watch them for hours on end. i love that show to bits, but it's hard to explain why to someone who's never seen it before, y'know? they all think it's just a show about cars

anyway, it's been up for a few weeks already, but i may as well profess my undying love for Adventure Time right here and now. It's only season one, but that's enough to get someone (like me) completely and utterly hooked. I need more D:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Daggo

Hi everyone,

I want to recommend Arrested Development, new episodes are going to be released on May 26 but I recommend watch all episodes from all previous seasons... As It's impossible for me to sum all the awesomeness of this series on any way I'd just say to all of you who haven't watched it: Go to season 1 and watch at least the first four episodes in order before taking a decision. I hope you get "hooked"

Daggo

RR529

theblackdragon wrote:

@WesCash: regarding Top Gear — i knoooooow! I am not a huge car fan, i couldn't care less about most of the high-end cars they're reviewing, but those three men are hilarious together and i can (and have) watch them for hours on end. i love that show to bits, but it's hard to explain why to someone who's never seen it before, y'know? they all think it's just a show about cars

I discovered Top Gear a few years ago on BBC America, and yeah, it's a very hilarious show, even if you're not into cars.

I haven't been able to see it recently since we don't have the channel anymore (had to cut back our cable package), so I may hit it up on Netflix soon!

My favorite episode has to be the one where they're racing through Japan.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Daggo

RevolverLink wrote:

Season 3 of Archer is now available (including the great three-parter, Heart of Archness).

Can any K-drama fans recommend a good series or two for a complete novice to start with? I'm somewhat interested in giving the genre a try, but I don't want anything too soap opera-y (which from my, again complete novice, perspective, is what many of them sound like).

Oh, I know of some to watch!
Look for King of Baking, Playful Kiss or better yet Secret Garden

Daggo

jedisquidward

Netflix has all 257 episodes of King of the Hill.
I can guarantee you will not find more subtly genius comedy in another animated show.

"The pain goes away, but your work always remains."

Masahiro Sakurai

jedisquidward

Like, I love it. I'm watching it right now.

"The pain goes away, but your work always remains."

Masahiro Sakurai

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic