Forums

Topic: The Unoffical Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fan Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 146

WesCash

@the_shpydar
Geez, when did Vanilla Ice become such a sell-out?

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

Tasuki

So I watched the new TMNT movie last night, which before hand I stayed cleared of reviews, trailers etc. so I could have an open mind for it.

So here is what I thought

Pros: I liked how they payed homage to the various incarnations of TMNT, the Foot Clan attack in the subway when they first meet April and the pizza slice on Spliters head from the 1990 movie, the science back ground from the original comics etc.

Some of the action scenes were enjoyable

I really liked how they stayed true to each of the Turtles personalities.

Con: The story was absoulte garbage but being a Micheal Bay flick that's understandable.

I didn't like Shredder one bit in this movie they made it seem that the suit gave him all his abilities and maybe him like a more powerful foot solider. I got no feeling of OMG Shredder is such a bad a** like I did in the first or second TMNT. I could have seen them maybe bringing that suit for Shredder in the second movie. Also it seemed to me like Shredder was just shoe horned into the movie. I didn't like the fact that the turtles had no relation to Shredder at all (or even to Splinter for that fact). Again making it feel that Shredder was just in this movie cause fans expected him to be.

The Turtles having superhuman strength. Now this might be a nit pick but I have never seen the turtles being strong enough to hurl a shipping container by themselves but they seem to play alot on them having superhuman strength instead of being nimble and ninja like.

Vernon. I was so happy to hear that we were getting a live action version of Vernon from the original series and hearing who was going to play him I was pleased but then to see him, ugh. His personality was nothing like the cartoon series why was he always flirting with April? Vernon was suppose to be a rival of sorts to April. I was hoping that we would have been more of a d*** like he was in the cartoon series. Major disappointment.

Of course how the turtles look. Yeah I am not going to go on about Shrek turtles but just the size of them. Why were they so huge? How are they suppose to hide and blend in a crowd of people being so huge? Again just might be a nit pick here.

In all was it a good TMNT movie, IMO it was ok. Was it a good action flick, yes but aren't all Michael Bay movies just that?

For me its one of those movies that I would rent and wouldn't be upset that I spent a buck at the Redbox or even if I spent the money at the discount theater but it's also one of those movies I wont watch again.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

So we have our first look at Bebop and Rocksteady

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Photo_WWE_Superstar_Lands...

The surprise factor is that WWE Superstar Shamus will be Rocksteady. A couple of things puzzle me about this caring choice.

1. Rocksteady had a strong Jersey accent and well Shamus is Irish.
2. Sheamus has taken no time off from the WWE to film his parts, in fact he is scheduled for a PPV this Sunday so it leads me to think that Bebop and Rocksteady won't be human for too long.

Also revealed that Tyler Perry will be Baxter Stockman and that Karai will be introduced in this film as well.

My Backlog

RegalSin

Omgsh this is too much. They all look like babyu Snapping turtles ( like the ones stores ) and I know this film is garbage. Why? because of 2001. Because of anti-privacy via the internet.

Paying too much attention to the past series along with current events is what really ruins any chance of watching TMNT Movies.

IF THEY BROUGHT BACK THE ORIGINAL ANIMATION/CARTOON from the 1980's without any changes at all. I would watch that. The Comics I do not have any problems with at all. I wonder why the comics are not really an high value and now I see why. Because TMNT was valued for the original animation.

The original animation beats all. That is not coming back and as with "SatAm" Sonic the hedgehog only in the comics anything interesting could be found.

Checkout GaMEr TrEcK dot com

Henmii

Has anybody already seen the TMNT 2012 s3 finale? Pretty cool, huh! What I don't like about this series though, is that almost everything is nicked straight from TMNT 2003. I mean, couldn't they have done something more original? The Kraang in robot-bodies, straight from 2003. Leonardo injured and with changed voice, straight from 2003. And now (spoiler) Triceraton invasion! If this goes on, there will also be a season about the Turtles going to the future, a season like Fast forward. Well, it doesn't seem to bother anyone since everyone seems to have forgotten about the awesome 2003 series. But as a 2003-fan, I would have loved some more variety. Still, its a fun series.

Henmii

Tasuki

@Henmii: Sadly the only series I ever watched all the way through was the original 90's series. I just could never get into the other ones even though others say they are closer to the comics and such. Yeah it's probably cause of my rose tinted glasses. The only current thing I ever saw was the movie Turtles Forever which I though was really neat swing every incarnation of TMNT up to that point in one show.

My Backlog

Henmii

@Tasuki,

You mean the 80's series, though it still did run in the 90's. Funny thing is that's the only series I haven't seen as a whole (and I must watch the whole season of Next mutation), though I want to catch up someday. I grew up with the 80's series and loved it, but at some point I dropped off (changing interests, I guess).

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Tasuki

@Henmii: Yeah I think the only season I never saw of the 80/90's series was the last one. All I remember is that it didn't have Shredder or Kang instead it had some Demon/dragon/alien badguy and Leonard kept turning into a monster kinda like something from Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. But at that time I was busy with other things to watch it anymore. I do have the first 3 seasons on DVD though.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@WaveBoy: Yeah I will admit the 2012 TMNT does look interesting. I saw a few episodes here and there and I agree with you on that soundtrack, but everything else seemed solid. Sadly though I don't have cable or satellite so I can't watch it which makes me as sad as a Mutant turtle when the last slice of pizza is finished. I am sure I can find it on DVD but I just don't have alot of time to watch TV nowadays.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@WaveBoy: Yeah the closest I have to actual TV is Hulu. And I agree with you on the pirating thing. I have a few used DVD places around town that I can hit up if I really wanted them it's just like I said I don't have much time for tv. Also right now I don't have much money to spare since I am saving to go to the Portland Retro Gaming Expo next month. A whole room of classic systems hooked up to CRT tvs and wood grain tvs. I am going to have a retro meltdown. Might have to pick up some retro 80's duds to chill in.

My Backlog

Henmii

"However, I do like TMNT 2012, although I loath it's hip hop infused score which is definitely it's biggest weak point....The theme song alone makes me want to hurl"

The theme-song isn't that bad in my opinion, even if I hate rap-music. The other music however is very generic. As for the graphics: You are in for a treat, it really goes up. Especially the creatures in the Season 3 finale (I won't spoil their names) look very detailed! I always prefer traditional animation, but they are surely improving (like Starwars The clone wars also improved over time).

Update: So far season 4 is really cool. The series gets better and better all the time. They really go all out on crazy looking sci-fi creatures and stuff. I love it, and I guess kids even will be drooling over it lol! Its very cool.

I also saw Half shell heroes. This is traditional animation again, though of the flash-variety. Of course it doesn't look as nice as TMNT 1987/2003, but it was still lots of fun. It isn't pre-schoolers stuff by the way. Its only slightly more kiddie in my opinion. It can't replace the cgi series in my opinion, but I still liked it. And mark my words: This becomes its own series!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Tasuki

The newest trailer is out for the next TMNT movie now officially titled Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows. We get to see Bebop and Rocksteady as well as Caseys Jones. I will link the video here later.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@WaveGhoul: Yeah the fact that we finally get Bebop and Rocksteady on film is enough for me to go see. The ten year old in me has been waiting for that forever lol. It's also nice to see them bring in Baxter as well. And seeing the portal to Demension X opening

My Backlog

bezerker99

Sort of off topic but have any of you been to your local toy store and seen the retro re-release of the 1980s TMNT action figures? If I wasn't on my phone I would post a picture. Just do a google search or head to your local Toys R Us. They look exactly like the figures from the 80s...cowabunga dudes!!!

EDIT: I now have PC access. Here's what the retro release of the 80's TMNT action figures look like. They go for $12.99 at my local Target store but I have seen them for $10.99 online.
Untitled

Edited on by bezerker99

Tasuki

@bezerker99: OMG if I didn't have all of my original ones still, I would totally buy them.

Also not sure if you guys knew but a trailer was released for the new TMNT game by Platinum. It looks like we might be finally getting a good TMNT game after all these years.

My Backlog

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.