General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Unoffical Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fan Thread

Showing 101 to 115 of 115

AuthorMessage
Swiket

Swiket

101. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

So the first trailer of the new TMNT movie came out yesterday and all I can say is yep it's a Michael Bay film

It's only produced by Michael Bay. It's directed by Jonathan Liebesman, who brought you such hits as Wrath of the Titans, Battle: Los Angeles, and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre prequel.

I had fun once and it was awful.

AuthorMessage
Dreamz

Dreamz

102. Posted:

HeroOfCybertron wrote:

I didn't think Megan Fox was a good choice for April Oneil but after seeing the trailer it made me think she might actually pull it off and do a good job as April, I can't wait to see this movie.

Out of curiosity, which line of witty dialogue was it that convinced you that she can do a good job as April?

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U
Currently playing: Bayonetta

AuthorMessage
Swiket

Swiket

103. Posted:

The wait is ogre

Untitled

I had fun once and it was awful.

AuthorMessage
Jazzer94Staff

Jazzer94

104. Posted:

After seeing the first trailer I think the Turtles are to bulky and I'm not sure about the movie or Megan Fox as April (just seems that they only chose her for eye candy)

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage
Nathan_Wv10

Nathan_Wv10

105. Posted:

The film looks like it is going to be good but I do think the turtles look a bit too much like shrek aha.

Nathan_Wv10

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Splat

Splat

106. Posted:

Untitled

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage
HeroOfCybertron

HeroOfCybertron

107. Posted:

Dreamz wrote:

HeroOfCybertron wrote:

I didn't think Megan Fox was a good choice for April Oneil but after seeing the trailer it made me think she might actually pull it off and do a good job as April, I can't wait to see this movie.

Out of curiosity, which line of witty dialogue was it that convinced you that she can do a good job as April?

I don't remember here having any dialogue in the trailer (or pretty much anyone except Michelangelo and Shredder) I will just wait till I see the movie before I judge it.

Edited on by HeroOfCybertron

Bah-Weep-Graaaaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

AuthorMessage
Tasuki

Tasuki

108. Posted:

Wow so now people's complaint's is that the new TMNT movie is following the current Supehero trend started by Batman Begins of being dark. Ummm hello clearly these people have never read the original comics which were a way darker tone of any of the cartoons. Honestly I wish people would do more research before complaining.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
the_shpydar

the_shpydar

109. Posted:

Subscribe to Nintendo Life on YouTube

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 30 Copies. 3 Sealed, 10 CIB, 1 Boxed, 16 Cart-Only.

Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
WesCash

WesCash

110. Posted:

@the_shpydar
Geez, when did Vanilla Ice become such a sell-out?

WesCash

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

111. Posted:

The only redeeming quality from the trailor or at least based on the pictures that i've seen is the Shredders outfit. Otherwise, i don't like that Megan Fox is April 'O Neil.....Eye candy on legs, for sure, but totaly miss cast. Meanwhile, the turtles are too bulky & big, and their samurai gear is a bit too much....Mikey's wearing reggae beeds? Plus the casting for the shredder is sooo wayyy left field, terrible terrible. He's no martial artist, should of been asian too! Heck, this looks like Bayformers with Ninja turtles thrown in it, at least that's how the trailer presented itself from the beginning. I swear the over use of bass dropping in modern day movie trailers is getting realllll frikkin' OLD.

I'm still excited for this, mind you. We haven't seen a live action turtle flick since the 90's after all. It was just put in the wrong hands, that's all.....Can't be any worse than the previous CG flick which i even enjoyed less than TMNT III. the only scene worth checking out is Leo Vs Raph roof top clash. Casey jones character was ruined in that movie!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mighty Switch Force 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
the_shpydar

the_shpydar

112. Posted:

WesCash wrote:

@the_shpydar
Geez, when did Vanilla Ice become such a sell-out?

Lol, you're implying that Mr. Van Winkle ever had any artistic integrity to begin with.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 30 Copies. 3 Sealed, 10 CIB, 1 Boxed, 16 Cart-Only.

Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Tasuki

Tasuki

113. Posted:

So I watched the new TMNT movie last night, which before hand I stayed cleared of reviews, trailers etc. so I could have an open mind for it.

So here is what I thought

Pros: I liked how they payed homage to the various incarnations of TMNT, the Foot Clan attack in the subway when they first meet April and the pizza slice on Spliters head from the 1990 movie, the science back ground from the original comics etc.

Some of the action scenes were enjoyable

I really liked how they stayed true to each of the Turtles personalities.

Con: The story was absoulte garbage but being a Micheal Bay flick that's understandable.

I didn't like Shredder one bit in this movie they made it seem that the suit gave him all his abilities and maybe him like a more powerful foot solider. I got no feeling of OMG Shredder is such a bad a** like I did in the first or second TMNT. I could have seen them maybe bringing that suit for Shredder in the second movie. Also it seemed to me like Shredder was just shoe horned into the movie. I didn't like the fact that the turtles had no relation to Shredder at all (or even to Splinter for that fact). Again making it feel that Shredder was just in this movie cause fans expected him to be.

The Turtles having superhuman strength. Now this might be a nit pick but I have never seen the turtles being strong enough to hurl a shipping container by themselves but they seem to play alot on them having superhuman strength instead of being nimble and ninja like.

Vernon. I was so happy to hear that we were getting a live action version of Vernon from the original series and hearing who was going to play him I was pleased but then to see him, ugh. His personality was nothing like the cartoon series why was he always flirting with April? Vernon was suppose to be a rival of sorts to April. I was hoping that we would have been more of a d*** like he was in the cartoon series. Major disappointment.

Of course how the turtles look. Yeah I am not going to go on about Shrek turtles but just the size of them. Why were they so huge? How are they suppose to hide and blend in a crowd of people being so huge? Again just might be a nit pick here.

In all was it a good TMNT movie, IMO it was ok. Was it a good action flick, yes but aren't all Michael Bay movies just that?

For me its one of those movies that I would rent and wouldn't be upset that I spent a buck at the Redbox or even if I spent the money at the discount theater but it's also one of those movies I wont watch again.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage
Tasuki

Tasuki

114. Posted:

So we have our first look at Bebop and Rocksteady

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Photo_WWE_Superstar_Lands...

The surprise factor is that WWE Superstar Shamus will be Rocksteady. A couple of things puzzle me about this caring choice.

1. Rocksteady had a strong Jersey accent and well Shamus is Irish.
2. Sheamus has taken no time off from the WWE to film his parts, in fact he is scheduled for a PPV this Sunday so it leads me to think that Bebop and Rocksteady won't be human for too long.

Also revealed that Tyler Perry will be Baxter Stockman and that Karai will be introduced in this film as well.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage
RegalSin

RegalSin

115. Posted:

Omgsh this is too much. They all look like babyu Snapping turtles ( like the ones stores ) and I know this film is garbage. Why? because of 2001. Because of anti-privacy via the internet.

Paying too much attention to the past series along with current events is what really ruins any chance of watching TMNT Movies.

IF THEY BROUGHT BACK THE ORIGINAL ANIMATION/CARTOON from the 1980's without any changes at all. I would watch that. The Comics I do not have any problems with at all. I wonder why the comics are not really an high value and now I see why. Because TMNT was valued for the original animation.

The original animation beats all. That is not coming back and as with "SatAm" Sonic the hedgehog only in the comics anything interesting could be found.

Checkout GaMEr TrEcK dot com