General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 621 to 640 of 1,576

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

621. Posted:

Congrats on beating MM5? I'm sure my little sister could even do it, that's if i had a little sister.lol

But Yup! I finished it again last night, and while I kind of enjoyed the experience a bit more, since i put the Buster shot to actual use, collected all of the Letters to get Beat, and didn't bother using any of the E or M tanks. But i'm still left feeling unsatisfied and ho-hum about the entire experience....And is it me or does the game rock a lot of purple(especially) and orange with it's color choices? :p I think it's actually pretty cool, as this is easily one of the most vibrant and colorful MM games out there. Naphalm man's stage alone is just beautiful, especially once you get in those colorful purple caves. B-)

But again, I can't get over how silly-easy this game is....It feels like a Mega Man game designed for the casual in mind. It's like a slap to the face really.lol Anyways, I'm not too sure weather i like 4 or 5 more, they both have their ups and downs....But at least 4 has some pretty killer challenge and the music is actually pretty decent. I think i need to give 4 another shot some time in the future to refresh my memory...Because for now, I'd have to give it the edge, plus it feels more in tune to previous MM games unlike 5 which just felt....well, not so Mega Man-ish. It almost felt like Inafune wasn't even involved and handed the project entirely to somebody else.

Anyways, can't wait for MM6!....Centura man looks awesome and is easily one of the most unique and standout RM's period out of most of the uninspired crummy robots that are in MM6 haha. Wind man looks like a piece of junk, Plant man gets too much heat, Knight man seems pretty rad and there hasn't been a medieval take on a RM before, Flame man's rockin a turbin, while Blizzard man is basically a goofy snowman on Skii's and Tomohawk and Yamato man have to be thee dumbest RM's in Mega Man history.....I can't believe they let those 2 slide.

Anyways here's how i stand with the franchise, not including 6 and 7....

2 > 9 > 3 > 1 > 4 > 10 > 5 > 8

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

622. Posted:

@Waveboy: I thought MM6 was a step in the right direction. Still not as good as 2, 3, or even 4 but it was better IMO than 5.

Personally I liked Tomohawkman and Yamatoman myself lol there stages were really nice and I though their stages had some of the best music in the game.

You might as well go back and play MM4 again knowing Capcom and Nintendo it will probably be while till we see MM6 on the VC.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

623. Posted:

@Tasuki

Ya, no kidding....But since the Wii U is hitting in little over a year, you'd think Capcom would squeez in MM6, MM7 and MM8(for WiiWare) during the time before the Wii U is actually released. They could balance it out and release them 4 or so months apart from each other, but that's wishful thinking.

Anyways, I haven't heard much of the music from MM6, but flame man's track seems pretty solid, along with Centuars...I definitly find some of it more tolerable and more in tune to the previous MM titles before 5. Anyways, out of the classic 8-bit nes games i think it's safe to say that MM5 is the weakest, for me at least.

And I hate having to wait this long to get my mega mits on 6 and 7. Oh well, I'm going to play through MM4 maybe towads the end of the month. Next up, I have a date with Zelda: Link's Awakening DX for the 3DS. finally B-)

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

624. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@Tasuki

Ya, no kidding....But since the Wii U is hitting in little over a year, you'd think Capcom would squeez in MM6, MM7 and MM8(for WiiWare) during the time before the Wii U is actually released. They could balance it out and release them 4 or so months apart from each other, but that's wishful thinking.

Anyways, I haven't heard much of the music from MM6, but flame man's track seems pretty solid, along with Centuars...I definitly find some of it more tolerable and more in tune to the previous MM titles before 5. Anyways, out of the classic 8-bit nes games i think it's safe to say that MM5 is the weakest, for me at least.

And I hate having to wait this long to get my mega mits on 6 and 7. Oh well, I'm going to play through MM4 maybe towads the end of the month. Next up, I have a date with Zelda: Link's Awakening DX for the 3DS. finally B-)

I doubt we will ever see Megaman 8 on a Nintendo based system unless you get the AC on Gamecube :D. Just the fact that it wasnt popular probably will keep it from coming to the Wii or WiiU and the fact that it wasnt original released for a Nintendo console.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

625. Posted:

Well, i had it back on the PS1 and i don't think I'll ever play it again. :p
The music and voice for Mega Man, along with those depressing horrible gloomy 'dark' cut scenes made the experience pretty damn annoying. MM8 needs an 8-bit remake. B-)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

626. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Well, i had it back on the PS1 and i don't think I'll ever play it again. :p
The music and voice for Mega Man, along with those depressing horrible gloomy 'dark' cut scenes made the experience pretty damn annoying. MM8 needs an 8-bit remake. B-)

Lets not forget Jump Jump Slide Slide.

The only thing I really liked about MM8 was the stage select music.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

627. Posted:

Mega Man 8 can't be any worse than Mega Man or Mega Man 3 for DOS. If you thought that any of the Mega Man 1-10 games were the worst, then you haven't seen nothing yet. Here's a gameplay video to prove my point.

Don't you just love that classic Mega Man music? :P

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

628. Posted:

I like Mega Man X. It's my favorite. Thank you for listening. Have a nice day.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

629. Posted:

cheetahman91 wrote:

Mega Man 8 can't be any worse than Mega Man or Mega Man 3 for DOS. If you thought that any of the Mega Man 1-10 games were the worst, then you haven't seen nothing yet. Here's a gameplay video to prove my point.

Don't you just love that classic Mega Man music? :P

While that almost looks fan made, it's not as bad as Mega Man 2 for the iPhone, IMO. Now that was terrible.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Dezner

630. Posted:

Yeah, a friend of mine had the demo for MM2 on his iPhone. It didn't even look like the game would allow you to shoot and move at the same time. :|

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

631. Posted:

Yikes....That Dos MM title left me barfing in my mega tube socks. That was hideous!

So....Out of pure randomness, which Mega Man Zero title of the 4 do you guys like the most?
And which Mega Man X title do you like out of 1, 2 and 3? B-)

Personally I've only played and beaten the first MM Zero and I loved it. It offered some of the most polished and tightest gameplay Mega Man has ever seen, and the boss battles were brilliant. Yet Zero 2 seems to be the fan favorite

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

632. Posted:

I have never played the Zero series so I cant give an opinion on those.

As far as the Megaman X games go I only played the first one years ago on the SNES and I just couldnt get into it like I could the NES games. One of these days I am going to have to get it on VC and give it another shot.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

633. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Yikes....That Dos MM title left me barfing in my mega tube socks. That was hideous!

So....Out of pure randomness, which Mega Man Zero title of the 4 do you guys like the most?

Personally I've only played and beaten the first MM Zero and I loved it. It offered some of the most polished and tightest gameplay Mega Man has ever seen, and the boss battles were brilliant. Yet Zero 2 seems to be the fan favorite

I've only played up to 2, but out of the two Megaman Zero 2 is my favorite. I just think it's a better game. Crazy ending and even better boss battles. And out of Those 3 Megaman X I would say x1. I've never played any of them, but from what I've seen of it I like it the best.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Link79

634. Posted:

I must be some sort of Mega man super fan. I've played and beat all the sidescrollers. From classic through X and the zero series. Even ZX and Advent.
My least favorites are MM 6,8 and MM & Bass. They really had lousy forgettable music and terrible bosses. Centaur man are you serious? MMX 1-4 were good but after that things went down hill. MMX6 was bad but X7 oh god did that ever suck.
At least X8 was an improvement.
Zero 2 is my favorite of that series and honestly another ZX would be welcome.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

635. Posted:

I've always loved MMX since the SNES days, but recently i found out that the game get's completely bogus as soon as you get the X Armor. Your health becomes 50 percent increased and makes plowing through the robot master stages, along with robot masters all too easy. While the X-Helmet is practically useless.

By no means do I like X as much as either 9 or 2 in the classic mega man franchise, but it's still one of the greats. X2 seems a lot more funky, colorful and creative than the first. I definitly wan't to check that one out as soon as it hits the VC, and I'm not even going to bother getting those Dr.Light X Capsule abilities which are hidden in each stage aside from the leg dash which is required....Anyways, The X armor turns the normal difficulty into super easy mode, and I can't have that bs. :p

As for MM & Bass I actually enjoyed that one, and it was hands down the hardest MM game i've played through period. Kings's Stage 2 boss was a freaking nightmare. While Burner and Magic man were torture, while the same can kind of be said for Dynamo man. MM & Bass beats MM5 and MM4 imo. :p

Anyways, MM & Bass's music wasn't sho hot for the most part, it had a few solid tracks and it definitly beats the garbage in MM8....but eh.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

636. Posted:

I'm having a lot of fun with Mega Man 5. Great level design, perfect balance of challenge, fun weapons (except for the Power Stone)... the only thing I'm not really liking is the music. It's good, mind, but nowhere near as catchy as other games' themes.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

637. Posted:

What's even worse for the Dos Megaman game are the controls. Good luck trying to play with a keyboard. :P Trying to jump and shoot while moving is the most uncomfortable thing ever. Why Capcom let Hi-Tech Expressions make this garbage is beyond me.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

Link79

638. Posted:

I always thought Wave man's theme in Mega man 5 was really catchy. Probably my favorite bit of music in the game.
Charge man's was good too.
Just listen and tell me you're not humming along.

I love the part that starts at 44 seconds!

Here's Charge man's

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

639. Posted:

Ya, wave man's track is for sure one of the best in the game, but the actual stage itself was dissapointing....Not only was it ugly, but that jet ski part was just so repetitive. Besides, wouldn't it of made more sense if Rush turned into a jet ski himself?

Also, Charge man's track sounds fitting for a galactic lift off into space.lol Doesn't exactly make me feel like I'm on a train. :p

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

640. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I like Mega Man Zero 4 the most. The first 3 are unfairly difficult, while 4 is actually managable. ZX is still better than all of them, though. I really hope they make a new one someday.

As for Mega Man X, the first one is the best, no question.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~