General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 601 to 620 of 1,569

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

601. Posted:

That's what I mean about the shield weapons. I found the Water Shield useful and kinda fun to use, but the only thing the shield weapons are generally good for are defeating bosses. Maybe if they had a homing shield like when you get the three red shells in Mario Kart, that may provide a little entertainment.

I haven't played through 10 in a few months, but one thing that comes to mind is in Commando Man's stage, at the halfway point of the stage, one of those little mines that are in the sand has two big screws hidden in it. I never land on the mines so had I not came across it in a video, I would have never thought to look under the mine considering in those pits are crab people. There are a couple others but I'm having trouble remembering.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

602. Posted:

@StuffyStuff: I see what you mean now, but I don't recall there being very many hidden items like that. Most of them, like E-Tanks and 1-ups, are sitting out in the open but in a hard to reach location. I wouldn't call them hidden, though, just difficult to reach. If you remember any more examples don't forget to mention them.

And as long as the shield weapon is functional, I enjoy using it. The Skull and Plant Barriers as well as Star Crash disappear when you touch one enemy, even a weak one. With Jewel Satellite, Junk Shield, and Water Shield, you can plow through multiple enemies while the shield destroys them for you. That's the mark of a truly useful shield weapon. It has to be willing to withstand more than one blow. Skull, Plant,and Star failed while Jewel, Junk, and Water got it right, which is why it's actually enjoyable to use the latter three.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

603. Posted:

Aw, I like Star Crash. :( It's probably just because of how awesome it looks though.

I don't know if anyone here is aware of this, but I'm currently doing a series of Mega Man no damage runs on youtube. 9 episodes up so far, with a bunch more coming, so if anyone wants to see me kick robot butt (and get my butt kicked in return) it's here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FelixDeckett

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

604. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 You seem to show up very rarely these days, I'm guessing you've turned to the official Mega Man Capcom Boards am I right? :p

Anyways, I'm going to play Mega Man 5 as soon as I'm done with Zelda: Links Awakening DX, which i might be starting tonight.
I'm being optomistic about this one regardless of of it being bland along with the points you've made which sound completely accurate based on the looks of things. lol

I'll be hitting up Gyro, then Napahlm and Wave man's stages first.....I just love my organic themed stages, I can't get enough of them!. Even though Wave man's stage doesn't exactly take place in the water. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

605. Posted:

@Chicken_Brutus: I will check those out when I get a moment. Are you as entertaining as RoahmMythril? :P

@MegaStoneSmash91: I never noticed that size thing that you mentioned of course its been years since I have played the original NES games since I dont have a NES. Oh and one more thing while you didnt get a shield weapon in MM3 it did make an appearance when the Doc Robot took on the Woodman form.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

606. Posted:

I finally beat Mega Man 2 (PS2 anniversary collection) on "difficult" yesterday! :P At this rate I will be 90 by the time I finish all 6 Nes games haha... I am so late ot the party I know but it feels good nontheless :D I just ordered Mega Man 3 on ebay for my NES so I will be playing that the way it was meant to be played instead of with a Dual Shock which, I feel works as a decent temporary substitute for the NES controller.
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

607. Posted:

@Ryno: At least you dont have the button switcharoo on the PS like you do on the Gamecube version of the Anniversary Collection. Congrats on beating Megaman 2. Alot of people consider Megaman 2 the cream of the crop when it comes to Megaman games. Once you play the rest of the Megaman games I will be interested to here what you think of all of them. And dont worry the other Megaman games just have one difficulty setting so you wont have to play them twice.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

OmegaM

608. Posted:

Dude you will love megaman 3, it's really good and only adds more content to an already great game its prequels were.

Now playing - R-Type Final PS2
My backloggery - http://backloggery.com/OmegaMarcus/
My Gpxplus - http://my.gpxpl.us/OmegaMarcus

AuthorMessage

Ryno

609. Posted:

@Tasuki I heard that about the Gamecube button difference which made my decision to get the PS2 version easier. Where would you rank Mega Man 2 difficulty wise compared to the others? Also, am I ever going to have use a Bubble Lead like weapon for the end boss again? I love Mega Man 2 except for a couple things; the random "unavoidable" bouncing bullets from the 2nd Dr. Wily's ship and the fact the final boss was a projection!

@OmegaM Yeah, I am excited for Mega Man 3. It is the game I remember most fondly as a kid. I sent my mom all over town looking to rent it when it came out. I never beat it back then though.

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

OmegaM

610. Posted:

I grew up playing megaman X, Megaman 7 and Megaman & Bass for the SNES , and M&B became my favourite of all time, but for the NES classics, 2 & 3 are tied up, followed by 4 because I'm a sucker for the charge shotXD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Now playing - R-Type Final PS2
My backloggery - http://backloggery.com/OmegaMarcus/
My Gpxplus - http://my.gpxpl.us/OmegaMarcus

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

611. Posted:

@Ryno: Truthfully I wouldnt really say one Megaman is hard than the others. I have beat all of them except for Megaman 8, the bad music and voice acting for MM8 pretty much ruined that game for me. I have tried several times to get into it but I just couldnt.

Anyway back on subject here, for me anyway they are all pretty easy it just knowing what order to take on the bosses and what weapon to use where. Now if we are talking length of games I would say Megaman 2 is the shortest since there is just the 8 robot masters and the one castle. Now Megaman on the other hand is a bit shorter but there are some tricky parts in the game like the lifts in Gutsmans stage and the Flying platforms in Icemans stage.... oh how I hate those things, which can make the game seem longer especially after dieing on those darn platforms over and over and over again.

Check out this video and you know what I am talking about.

Other than little stuff like that the games arent to hard at least to me.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Ryno

612. Posted:

@Tasuki Yeah, I beat Mega Man before I played Mega Man 2. I wanted to play those first 2 before I played the later versions because they didn't have the slide or charge shot mechanics. Gutsman's music will always be engrained into my mind for as many times as I tried getting past the lifts. haha :D

That is you making those split-second jumps against Ice Man in the video right? ;)

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

613. Posted:

@Ryno: Lol I wish. No they are done by a guy named RoahmMythril. He has a Youtube channel and one of his series are called Megaman Perfect Runs. If you have never seen them before I suggest you watch them they can be quite hilarious. Of course if you have never played the Megaman games than you might want to hold off till you play them cause they might have some spoilers in them.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

614. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Chicken_Brutus: I will check those out when I get a moment. Are you as entertaining as RoahmMythril? :P

Long answer: Hey, I sure hope so!
Short answer: no

I do hope people enjoy them though. :)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

615. Posted:

Chicken_Brutus wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Long answer: Hey, I sure hope so!
Short answer: no

I do hope people enjoy them though. :)

Lol I am just messing with you Chicken. Right now I am extremely busy getting ready to go back to school in August but I was able to watch the Bombman run. So is that you talking there? Lol boy do you have a mouth on you lol reminds me of when I play lol. But otherwise I enjoyed it I cant wait to check out the others.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

616. Posted:

Hahaha, yeah, I narrate as I play, which is fun, but can get pretty profane when things go that poorly. :) Fortunately that was by far my most...upsetting run. :)

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

617. Posted:

Untitled

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage

Dezner

618. Posted:

Haha, that "Shark Man" was pretty cool looking. :p

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

619. Posted:

Well....I finished up Mega Man 5 last night, while rocking an 80's get up haha. I'm crazy. :p
Anyways, after the experience was over.........I was actually a bit dissapointed, I mean I guess it was alright but it just didn't feel like the same Mega Man I grew up with regarding MM1, MM2(especially) and MM3. MM4 for me was the starting point of Mega Man getting stale, while I had some pretty sweet memories of 5 growing up with my best friend. Blasting through Crystal man's stage, or plowing through Gravity man's unique gravity based stage or blowing down Robo chickens in Gyro man's air stage ect ect.

I mean here's the thing, i really like most of the organic and outside stages in MM5. Gyro, Napahlm, Star and probably Crystal had the best stages. There were those unique spin platforms that would spin MM around which was new to the franchise, and Gravity man's stage was creative all on it's own. But for the most part, the stage design wasn't exactly genious or that creative, it all felt rather bland and sub par.

But yup! There are 2 or 3 glaring flaws or things i had a problem with MM5. Which caused me to play a bit sloppy, careless and leading to boredum mid way through. The challenge just isn't really there....The fact that you're thrown 1-ups and E & M tanks at you like pennies was ridiculous. The boss battles annoyed me, not only because they were so easy but because MM5's bosses are configured or based around Mega Man's super buster shot.....In MM1, 2, 3, 9 and 10 each tiny pea shooter shot would take one little snippet of damage off of the boss's health meter which not only felt satisfying to do, but uh....It made sense! :p

In MM5 however, that doesn't happen.....If you blasted 5 pea shooter shots rapidly and hit the robot master with all of them, it would only register 1 hit, while the Robot Master starts flashing waiting to recover. It's total BS. So you're forced to use the Buster shot.

The same deal goes for the stages, since many of the enemies aren't 1 shot kills like in the older MM games, forcing you 'again' to use your buster shot....Which i stilll rarely used. That aside, the music was just weak....It all started to sound the same. Gyro's sounded almost the same as Napahlms, i couldn't tell them appart in the beginning.lol None of it has that upbeat amazing catchy ness of 2, 9 and even 3 or 1. It's not up to MM standards at all and most of it sounds fitting for a space themed stage. The stand out for me was Wily's Castle theme. Plus i kind of fug Concrete, Star and maybe Gravity man's. None of it was bad perse, it was just....well, passive.

Wily's Castle however i found to be pretty solid, and i enjoyed the bosses as welll.. Although Wily's final form was too easy....Hell, that's MM5's biggest problem, it's just TOO bloody easy, the music is spacey and mostly forgettable, the stages don't exactly have their own unique set of enemies as they're seen in many of the other stages which makes the game seem jumbled and rushed. When you face off against the RM's for a 2nd time in Wily's Castle, you're instead sent back to their levels boss room instead of Wily's Castle room? Maybe it was totaly intentional, but it seemed due to being rushed.

Mind you, i hardly used the Buster Shot and i made the experience slower and more tedious and difficult....MM5 is based around the Buster shot, at least the bosses are for the most part, and i didn't roll with it, as to why i'm going to start up another game tonight and play it properly. PLUS i was getting a bit tired and bored with it, and took the whimp route and used a bunch of e-tanks instead of mastering the later bosses patterns, which is so unlike me. AND i missed the 'G' in Mega Man.

I'm sure I'll have a better time with it tonight, but based on this playthrough i found it to be just decent, AND the easiest MM game I've ever skimmed through period.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

620. Posted:

@Waveboy: Nice summary there and you pretty much now know what we were all talking about. I agree with your wall of text lol and while Megaman 5 isnt the worst (that would be Megaman 8) but its certainly not the best. I too thought that it just felt rushed compare to the other Megaman games. The one thing I didnt like also was Protomans castle boy was that horrible. Congratulations on beating it though.

My Backlog