Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,455

Philip_J_Reed

Roahm Mythril is definitely the best thing about Youtube. He's doing a Let's Play of Silent Hill 2 right now, and it's fantastic...but even if you're only interested in the Mega Man stuff, there's plenty of it on his channel to keep you busy for a long, long time.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Tasuki

Yeah you can say that again Chicken Brutus. I really dont watch too many vids on Youtube so I didnt know about him till you guys said something. I was up waaaay past my bed time last night watching him do MM1, MM2 and Wily's Castle in MM2 going to check out MM3 later today when I get some time.

BUGGER!!!!!

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Philip_J_Reed

Tasuki wrote:

going to check out MM3 later today when I get some time.

Wait til you see everything he had to go through in order to perfect run the Needle Man stage. The word "superhuman" comes to mind.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Tasuki

Chicken Brutus wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

going to check out MM3 later today when I get some time.

Wait til you see everything he had to go through in order to perfect run the Needle Man stage. The word "superhuman" comes to mind.

Well just finished MM3 and MM4 I cant get enough of this guy he cracks me up lol. Yeah I saw the pain that he went through with Needleman I think at that time I would have chucked my controller threw the TV lol. Kinda of interesting watching these videos thought I saw a few tricks that I never knew about like I didnt know about the one hit Crash Bomb on the Wily machine 2 in MM2. Also I could never figure out how to defeat those cannons in that one Wily stage without dieing and having to go back and refill my crash bomb.

Probably watch 5 later on today.

My Backlog

Captain-N

Tasuki wrote:

This response is from this thread here since its Megaman related and I dont like to repeat myself I just include my response here.

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/mega_ma...

I think a Megaman Comic will be cool I just hope its not as cheesy as the Megaman TV series that I saw on Netflix.

That comic is going to be done by Archie Comics, the same responsible for my current avatar. Wow, that's cool looking. I hope they do it right.

Captain-N

Tasuki

Capt N wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

This response is from this thread here since its Megaman related and I dont like to repeat myself I just include my response here.

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/mega_ma...

I think a Megaman Comic will be cool I just hope its not as cheesy as the Megaman TV series that I saw on Netflix.

That comic is going to be done by Archie Comics, the same responsible for my current avatar. Wow, that's cool looking. I hope they do it right.

AH ok Archie Comics I remember reading the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle comics they made years ago. I am sure that they will do a good job. Wish they would do it in Manga form though but comics is ok too.

My Backlog

Captain-N

Archie is most known for:
1. Archie, & Jughead,
2. Betty, & Veronica
3.Josie, & the Pussycats
4.Sabrina the Teenage Witch

These are the most known/famous of their own properties. As has been said, they also do Sonic the Hedgehog, among other things.

Captain-N

CanisWolfred

Recently started replaying Mega Man 3. I was never much of a fan of it, but listening to some remixes I stumbled upon by Wily and the Robot Masters convinced me to give it another go. I must say, I enjoyed it a lot more this time around, and it wasn't quite as hard as I remembered. I even managed to beat a few bosses with just my Mega Buster without game-overing (I've never been very good with fighting bosses with the buster). I can't seem to beat Proto Man, though. Anybody have any tips?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Supermegaman

@Mickeymac
Whenever I fight proto man, I stay entirely on the ground and hammer away with the buster, and when hes close, slide under one of his jumps, turn around, and repeat as many times nessecary. I usually win without taking damage

Then again, its been a while since Ive played it, and the only one I know for sure it works on is the shadow man's proto man fight, but all that matters is that its a flat surface.

Hope this helps

CanisWolfred

Supermegaman wrote:

@Mickeymac
Whenever I fight proto man, I stay entirely on the ground and hammer away with the buster, and when hes close, slide under one of his jumps, turn around, and repeat as many times nessecary. I usually win without taking damage

Then again, its been a while since Ive played it, and the only one I know for sure it works on is the shadow man's proto man fight, but all that matters is that its a flat surface.

Hope this helps

I've tried Sliding before on the Magnet Man Proto Man, and it didn't seem to work. Maybe I just wasn't timing it right, but it didn't seem like he was jumping high enough.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Captain-N

Thing about the MM3 RMs is that a lot of dodging them is simply learning when to slide, & the proximity you should be from/to them @ diff times. I've only been into the MM series since a year, or 2 ago. I used to be able to beat Gemini by buster. Now, he's one of the RMs I need to use the weakness chain on. Also on Proto, sometimes you can get it shots by jumping almost in sync w/ him as you shoot. This method is also very important to remember against the RMs, such as Needle.

Captain-N

MegaStoneSmash91

Mickeymac wrote:

Supermegaman wrote:

@Mickeymac

Hope this helps

I've tried Sliding before on the Magnet Man Proto Man, and it didn't seem to work. Maybe I just wasn't timing it right, but it didn't seem like he was jumping high enough.

When fighting him in Magnet Man's and Shadow Man's stages, I use the same strategy. I stay on one side of the room and constantly fire until he gets close to me. Then I slide under one of his jumps, and keep sliding until I reach the other side of the room. Then I turn around and fire constantly and the process repeats. You shouldn't ever need to jump when fighting him, only slide. In the Hard Man stage and the Break Man "stage", I always stay on the highest platform and fire at him from there. In Hard Man's stage, you'll probably take some damage fighting him, so try making his shots hit you instead of letting him run into you, I'm pretty sure his shots hurt less than his body. In the Break Man "stage", the highest platform covers most of the room and is flat, so stay on there and use the Magnet Man and Shadow Man strategy and you'll take little to no damage.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

MegaStoneSmash91

Capt N wrote:

Thing about the MM3 RMs is that a lot of dodging them is simply learning when to slide, & the proximity you should be from/to them @ diff times. I've only been into the MM series since a year, or 2 ago. I used to be able to beat Gemini by buster. Now, he's one of the RMs I need to use the weakness chain on. Also on Proto, sometimes you can get it shots by jumping almost in sync w/ him as you shoot. This method is also very important to remember against the RMs, such as Needle.

I can Buster Gemini Man to death no problem, but Needle Man and Shadow Man always give me trouble. Needle Man just seems unpredictable, and I hardly ever know what he's going to do. Some say that staying close to him is the best way to beat him, but I've found that staying far away and dodging the Needle Cannon is easier. Sometimes he'll stay away from me, and sometimes he gets in close, but I never know how long he's going to do either one. I know Shadow Man's pattern, but predicting whether he'll slide or chuck Shadow Blades at you takes some serious practice and I always dodge for the wrong move. I usually end up using weaknesses on these guys.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Captain-N

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

I can Buster Gemini Man to death no problem, but Needle Man and Shadow Man always give me trouble. Needle Man just seems unpredictable, and I hardly ever know what he's going to do. Some say that staying close to him is the best way to beat him, but I've found that staying far away and dodging the Needle Cannon is easier. Sometimes he'll stay away from me, and sometimes he gets in close, but I never know how long he's going to do either one. I know Shadow Man's pattern, but predicting whether he'll slide or chuck Shadow Blades at you takes some serious practice and I always dodge for the wrong move. I usually end up using weaknesses on these guys.

One particular behavior pattern of Shadow Man, like some other RMs, is that he'll charge you. Generally, the trick for me in dealing w/ him, is that while I'm @ the opposite side of the battle area, I know he'll charge, @ which point I must jump over him, which is the issue for me. So to remedy that, I start moving towards him, so when he slides, my jump keeps me from bumping into him. I slide away, turn, then fire again. It has to be anticipated that you can only get in short bursts of fire on him. Like Gemini, I originally could do it buster only. Now, I've managed to re-teach myself buster only. It just takes practice. You'll get it sooner than you might think. Needle Man is hard for me to dodge. I have found that sometimes, not always, the Hard Man solution is workable: just jump to dodge his fire, & hit him w/ a pretty consistent wave of buster shots.

Captain-N

Tasuki

Well I just finished watching RoamhmMythril's perfect run of MM7 and I cant believe all the secrets that I missed. As RoahnmMythril says Bugger!!! Now I am going to have to replay MM7 here soon lol.

My Backlog

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

Well I just finished watching RoamhmMythril's perfect run of MM7 and I cant believe all the secrets that I missed. As RoahnmMythril says Bugger!!! Now I am going to have to replay MM7 here soon lol.

Yeah, MM7 has tons of secrets, and if it weren't for MMHP (Mega Man Home Page), I wouldn't have figured any of them out. Still, those secrets alone make MM7 one of favorites in the main series. There's nothing like getting a sweet reward for playing a game through twice.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

@Mickeymac: Yeah I am enjoying MM7 alot its seems to be a bit harder and the stages seem a little longer the the NES games but other than that its fun.

Final went back and got everything I missed which was Beat, a few of the Rush letters and Protomans Sheild. I finally made it to Wily's castle and umm yeah.... Its one of the hardest Wily castle I have ever faced its a good thing I stocked up on E tanks and such before I went at it.

My Backlog

MegaStoneSmash91

@Tasuki: Just don't go E-Tank happy and use them all, you'll need them for Wily. And you'll most likely need to use a Weapon Tank too, so....just don't waste anything, OK? Also be sure to take advantage of the fact that you can shop between Wily stages, so if you used something you can go buy it back (if you have the bolts, of course).

Alright, I'm done giving advice for now, so here's the theme from Wily Stage 2. It's got a good beat, too bad the boss is a robotic turtle. Doesn't really fit the song does it?

Beep.
That is all.

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

@Mickeymac: Yeah I am enjoying MM7 alot its seems to be a bit harder and the stages seem a little longer the the NES games but other than that its fun.

Final went back and got everything I missed which was Beat, a few of the Rush letters and Protomans Sheild. I finally made it to Wily's castle and umm yeah.... Its one of the hardest Wily castle I have ever faced its a good thing I stocked up on E tanks and such before I went at it.

Yeah, I can't think of a harder Wily Boss than the one MM7 has. You gotta follow a set pattern perfectly. You screw it up once, and you'll probably screw yourself over for the rest of the bout.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Sorry, this topic has been locked.