Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,455

Tasuki

@MegaStoneSmash91: Yeah I already had to use a few E tanks during the Gutsman Version 3.0 but that was cause I couldnt figure out his weakness weapon lol, but like you said I was lucky and able to buy some between stages.. I got up to the turtle but died at it and didnt have the time to go at it again. Maybe I will get the chance here in a few days.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Dezner

Tasuki wrote:

umm yeah....

Bugger! Roahm-isms have infiltrated you too!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

StuffyStuff

@zezhroom - Mega Man X is a great game to start out with. Lots of people consider it the best in the X series.

That Roahm guy is pretty good. The gameplay is nothing special, but he makes it fun. I like his outtakes on Ring Man and his hatred for Big Eye.

StuffyStuff

Tasuki

zezhroom wrote:

I'm getting my first Mega Man game soon, it's coming in the mail - Mega Man X

I can't wait to try it out! =D

Well Congratulations. I never really got into the MM X series like I did the original series not sure why really maybe I will have to give them another go some time. Let us know how you like it and if you need any help let us know.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Its time for another music clip. This time I am doing the Mega Man 3 intro. Now alot of people like the intro music to MM2 which in its own is a rockin tune as well. I personally think the intro song for MM 3 is just as good, however most people when mentioning opening themes to Megaman they almost always mention MM2's theme, not too much love for MM3s.

MM 3 was the first MM game I played and I remember putting the cartridge in and here the music start off slow and than BAM all of a sudden it sped up and got me all pumped to play the game. From that intro alone I figured I was in for a real treat of a good game. Now here I am 20 years after my first foray into the Megaman universe and its one of my favorite series.

Anyway I hope you enjoy this selection.

My Backlog

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

Its time for another music clip. This time I am doing the Mega Man 3 intro. Now alot of people like the intro music to MM2 which in its own is a rockin tune as well. I personally think the intro song for MM 3 is just as good, however most people when mentioning opening themes to Megaman they almost always mention MM2's theme, not too much love for MM3s.

MM 3 was the first MM game I played and I remember putting the cartridge in and here the music start off slow and than BAM all of a sudden it sped up and got me all pumped to play the game. From that intro alone I figured I was in for a real treat of a good game. Now here I am 20 years after my first foray into the Megaman universe and its one of my favorite series.

It is a great song indeed. While Mega Man 3 isn't my favorite in the series, IMO, it does have some of the best tunes, and that shows it right there.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

@Mickymac: Yeah I might be a little biased cause MM 3 was the first Megaman game I played and its what got me hooked on the series. Truth be told I cant really say I like 4 better than 2 or 5 better than 6. Each game has its own little twists and RMs that make each game good on its own. Granted some have better RM designs than others or better stage designs but to me thats like saying whats your favorite season of your favorite TV show. I am sure you can pick out certain aspects you like and dislike but a favorite season heck thats why you like watching said show.

My Backlog

StuffyStuff

I think everyone has a bias towards the first Mega Man game they play. Mine was MM2 and so I hold it in high regard. Although I think MM4 is better, 2 is my favorite. I do like the opening to MM3. That game has the best Wily music IMO. I know, everyone loves the first two levels of Wily in MM2.

StuffyStuff

CanisWolfred

StuffyStuff wrote:

I think everyone has a bias towards the first Mega Man game they play. Mine was MM2 and so I hold it in high regard. Although I think MM4 is better, 2 is my favorite. I do like the opening to MM3. That game has the best Wily music IMO. I know, everyone loves the first two levels of Wily in MM2.

I too have a bais. Unfortunately, my first Mega Man game was Mega Man 64, and while I love it to this day, it's not a real Mega Man game. With that said, my favorites are Mega Man 2, Mega Man X, Mega Man 9, Mega Man 7, and Mega Man ZX, because of their wonderfully designed stages, memorable bosses, perfectly tuned difficulty (except for MM7), creative use of boss weaponry and items, and a higher degree of exploration than the majority of the series (except for MM2). As much as I love Mega Man 64, and it'll always hold a special place in my heart, it'll never be my favorite, simply because it can't match the sheer quality of those other games I listed.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Kingbuilder

Anyone ever played Mega Man: Power Battle? My brother and I used to spend atleast 20$ worth of quarters at the pizza place just playing that game. It was my first Mega Man game.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Tasuki

Kingbuilder wrote:

Anyone ever played Mega Man: Power Battle? My brother and I used to spend atleast 20$ worth of quarters at the pizza place just playing that game. It was my first Mega Man game.

I have played that on the AC its fun for awhile but it gets old really quick. The thing I like the most about it is the two player mode.

My Backlog

CanisWolfred

Kingbuilder wrote:

Played it at some underground arcade with my bro once. It was pretty cool.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MegaStoneSmash91

StuffyStuff wrote:

@zezhroom - Mega Man X is a great game to start out with. Lots of people consider it the best in the X series..

Myself included. It has some of the best music, the most memorable Mavericks, and is a well balanced game. The difficulty isn't brutal, but isn't easy by any means. I do enjoy the other X games as well, but nothing beats the first one. Good purchase, zezhroom.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

MegaStoneSmash91

@Kingbuilder I, like Tasuki, also played it on the AC. It's a pretty neat arcade game, but it does lose it's appeal and become boring if you play it too much. The sequel, Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, has some improvements over Power Battle, but they both basically play the same and are fun to experience.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

CanisWolfred

I tend to avoid fan games. In fact, the only good one I found was that 2D Portal game, which kicks loads of ***, and apparently I'm not alone in thinking that since they added the levels to the XBLA version.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MegaStoneSmash91

Mickeymac wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

It is a great song indeed. While Mega Man 3 isn't my favorite in the series, IMO, it does have some of the best tunes, and that shows it right there.

You guys are forgetting the Mega Man 4 intro! It's awesome too.

MM2, 3, and 4 have some of the best music in the series. In fact, all the games have good music! (Wait, that's not new info is it? )

Beep.
That is all.

StuffyStuff

Tasuki wrote:

Kingbuilder wrote:

I have played that on the AC its fun for awhile but it gets old really quick. The thing I like the most about it is the two player mode.

I saw it one time at an ice cream shop when I was like 11 and never got a chance to play it, but I recognized it as soon as it was announced for the AC. That game haunted me apparently. I've not had the chance to play it with someone else, but the single player is pretty boring. Not very challenging, but the characters look great.

StuffyStuff

Sorry, this topic has been locked.