General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 221 to 240 of 1,586

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

221. Posted:

Capt N wrote:

Thing about the MM3 RMs is that a lot of dodging them is simply learning when to slide, & the proximity you should be from/to them @ diff times. I've only been into the MM series since a year, or 2 ago. I used to be able to beat Gemini by buster. Now, he's one of the RMs I need to use the weakness chain on. Also on Proto, sometimes you can get it shots by jumping almost in sync w/ him as you shoot. This method is also very important to remember against the RMs, such as Needle.

I can Buster Gemini Man to death no problem, but Needle Man and Shadow Man always give me trouble. Needle Man just seems unpredictable, and I hardly ever know what he's going to do. Some say that staying close to him is the best way to beat him, but I've found that staying far away and dodging the Needle Cannon is easier. Sometimes he'll stay away from me, and sometimes he gets in close, but I never know how long he's going to do either one. I know Shadow Man's pattern, but predicting whether he'll slide or chuck Shadow Blades at you takes some serious practice and I always dodge for the wrong move. I usually end up using weaknesses on these guys.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

Capt_N

222. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

I can Buster Gemini Man to death no problem, but Needle Man and Shadow Man always give me trouble. Needle Man just seems unpredictable, and I hardly ever know what he's going to do. Some say that staying close to him is the best way to beat him, but I've found that staying far away and dodging the Needle Cannon is easier. Sometimes he'll stay away from me, and sometimes he gets in close, but I never know how long he's going to do either one. I know Shadow Man's pattern, but predicting whether he'll slide or chuck Shadow Blades at you takes some serious practice and I always dodge for the wrong move. I usually end up using weaknesses on these guys.

One particular behavior pattern of Shadow Man, like some other RMs, is that he'll charge you. Generally, the trick for me in dealing w/ him, is that while I'm @ the opposite side of the battle area, I know he'll charge, @ which point I must jump over him, which is the issue for me. So to remedy that, I start moving towards him, so when he slides, my jump keeps me from bumping into him. I slide away, turn, then fire again. It has to be anticipated that you can only get in short bursts of fire on him. Like Gemini, I originally could do it buster only. Now, I've managed to re-teach myself buster only. It just takes practice. You'll get it sooner than you might think. Needle Man is hard for me to dodge. I have found that sometimes, not always, the Hard Man solution is workable: just jump to dodge his fire, & hit him w/ a pretty consistent wave of buster shots.

3DS FC: 0173-1967-5074♪DotheMarioKrt7 Community: 65-3522-2507-1023

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1967-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Captain_RETRON

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

223. Posted:

Well I just finished watching RoamhmMythril's perfect run of MM7 and I cant believe all the secrets that I missed. As RoahnmMythril says Bugger!!! Now I am going to have to replay MM7 here soon lol.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

224. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Well I just finished watching RoamhmMythril's perfect run of MM7 and I cant believe all the secrets that I missed. As RoahnmMythril says Bugger!!! Now I am going to have to replay MM7 here soon lol.

Yeah, MM7 has tons of secrets, and if it weren't for MMHP (Mega Man Home Page), I wouldn't have figured any of them out. Still, those secrets alone make MM7 one of favorites in the main series. There's nothing like getting a sweet reward for playing a game through twice.:D

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

225. Posted:

@Mickeymac: Yeah I am enjoying MM7 alot its seems to be a bit harder and the stages seem a little longer the the NES games but other than that its fun.

Final went back and got everything I missed which was Beat, a few of the Rush letters and Protomans Sheild. I finally made it to Wily's castle and umm yeah.... Its one of the hardest Wily castle I have ever faced its a good thing I stocked up on E tanks and such before I went at it.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

226. Posted:

@Tasuki: Just don't go E-Tank happy and use them all, you'll need them for Wily. And you'll most likely need to use a Weapon Tank too, so....just don't waste anything, OK? Also be sure to take advantage of the fact that you can shop between Wily stages, so if you used something you can go buy it back (if you have the bolts, of course).

Alright, I'm done giving advice for now, so here's the theme from Wily Stage 2. It's got a good beat, too bad the boss is a robotic turtle. Doesn't really fit the song does it?

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

227. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Mickeymac: Yeah I am enjoying MM7 alot its seems to be a bit harder and the stages seem a little longer the the NES games but other than that its fun.

Final went back and got everything I missed which was Beat, a few of the Rush letters and Protomans Sheild. I finally made it to Wily's castle and umm yeah.... Its one of the hardest Wily castle I have ever faced its a good thing I stocked up on E tanks and such before I went at it.

Yeah, I can't think of a harder Wily Boss than the one MM7 has. You gotta follow a set pattern perfectly. You screw it up once, and you'll probably screw yourself over for the rest of the bout.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

228. Posted:

@MegaStoneSmash91: Yeah I already had to use a few E tanks during the Gutsman Version 3.0 but that was cause I couldnt figure out his weakness weapon lol, but like you said I was lucky and able to buy some between stages.. I got up to the turtle but died at it and didnt have the time to go at it again. Maybe I will get the chance here in a few days.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Dezner

229. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

umm yeah....

Bugger! Roahm-isms have infiltrated you too! :p

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

230. Posted:

I'm getting my first Mega Man game soon, it's coming in the mail - Mega Man X

I can't wait to try it out! =D

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

231. Posted:

@zezhroom - Mega Man X is a great game to start out with. Lots of people consider it the best in the X series.

That Roahm guy is pretty good. The gameplay is nothing special, but he makes it fun. I like his outtakes on Ring Man and his hatred for Big Eye.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

232. Posted:

zezhroom wrote:

I'm getting my first Mega Man game soon, it's coming in the mail - Mega Man X

I can't wait to try it out! =D

Well Congratulations. I never really got into the MM X series like I did the original series not sure why really maybe I will have to give them another go some time. Let us know how you like it and if you need any help let us know.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

233. Posted:

Mega Man X is a total classic. I too am not a big fan of the X series, but you can't deny the awesomeness of first MMX. It's the MM2 of the X series. For me the X series went bad starting with X5 and got worse after that. Even X3 didn't really do it for me...X, X2 and maybe X4 are the ones I'd recommend. ;)

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

234. Posted:

Its time for another music clip. This time I am doing the Mega Man 3 intro. Now alot of people like the intro music to MM2 which in its own is a rockin tune as well. I personally think the intro song for MM 3 is just as good, however most people when mentioning opening themes to Megaman they almost always mention MM2's theme, not too much love for MM3s.

MM 3 was the first MM game I played and I remember putting the cartridge in and here the music start off slow and than BAM all of a sudden it sped up and got me all pumped to play the game. From that intro alone I figured I was in for a real treat of a good game. Now here I am 20 years after my first foray into the Megaman universe and its one of my favorite series.

Anyway I hope you enjoy this selection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aqC69SYSzE

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

235. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Its time for another music clip. This time I am doing the Mega Man 3 intro. Now alot of people like the intro music to MM2 which in its own is a rockin tune as well. I personally think the intro song for MM 3 is just as good, however most people when mentioning opening themes to Megaman they almost always mention MM2's theme, not too much love for MM3s.

MM 3 was the first MM game I played and I remember putting the cartridge in and here the music start off slow and than BAM all of a sudden it sped up and got me all pumped to play the game. From that intro alone I figured I was in for a real treat of a good game. Now here I am 20 years after my first foray into the Megaman universe and its one of my favorite series.

Anyway I hope you enjoy this selection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aqC69SYSzE

It is a great song indeed. While Mega Man 3 isn't my favorite in the series, IMO, it does have some of the best tunes, and that shows it right there.:)

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

236. Posted:

@Mickymac: Yeah I might be a little biased cause MM 3 was the first Megaman game I played and its what got me hooked on the series. Truth be told I cant really say I like 4 better than 2 or 5 better than 6. Each game has its own little twists and RMs that make each game good on its own. Granted some have better RM designs than others or better stage designs but to me thats like saying whats your favorite season of your favorite TV show. I am sure you can pick out certain aspects you like and dislike but a favorite season heck thats why you like watching said show.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

237. Posted:

I think everyone has a bias towards the first Mega Man game they play. Mine was MM2 and so I hold it in high regard. Although I think MM4 is better, 2 is my favorite. I do like the opening to MM3. That game has the best Wily music IMO. I know, everyone loves the first two levels of Wily in MM2.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

238. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

I think everyone has a bias towards the first Mega Man game they play. Mine was MM2 and so I hold it in high regard. Although I think MM4 is better, 2 is my favorite. I do like the opening to MM3. That game has the best Wily music IMO. I know, everyone loves the first two levels of Wily in MM2.

I too have a bais. Unfortunately, my first Mega Man game was Mega Man 64, and while I love it to this day, it's not a real Mega Man game. With that said, my favorites are Mega Man 2, Mega Man X, Mega Man 9, Mega Man 7, and Mega Man ZX, because of their wonderfully designed stages, memorable bosses, perfectly tuned difficulty (except for MM7), creative use of boss weaponry and items, and a higher degree of exploration than the majority of the series (except for MM2). As much as I love Mega Man 64, and it'll always hold a special place in my heart, it'll never be my favorite, simply because it can't match the sheer quality of those other games I listed.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

239. Posted:

Anyone ever played Mega Man: Power Battle? My brother and I used to spend atleast 20$ worth of quarters at the pizza place just playing that game. It was my first Mega Man game. :D

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

240. Posted:

Kingbuilder wrote:

Anyone ever played Mega Man: Power Battle? My brother and I used to spend atleast 20$ worth of quarters at the pizza place just playing that game. It was my first Mega Man game. :D

I have played that on the AC its fun for awhile but it gets old really quick. The thing I like the most about it is the two player mode.

My Backlog