Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,455

Tasuki

StuffyStuff wrote:

@Tasuki - Great call on Top Man's song. Top Man himself is the worst boss of all imo but his song and level were pretty cool. I like the rotating top hop at the end.

Thanks Stuffy. Yeah Topman was one of the strangest Robot Masters in the series but you are right his level is pretty cool. I wouldnt necessary say hes the worst just I am not sure what they were thinkng when they came up with him. Maybe one of these days we might see Tiddleywinkman or Legoman. I like his song alot its just one of those songs that gets you pumped when you here it at least it does me. Hes usually my first choice when I start a new game of MM3 mainly cause I enjoy the music.

Speaking of music heres one of my favorites from MM2 Woodmans Stage.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

StuffyStuff

I usually start with Top Man too. That's why when I play MM3, Top Man's music is what I associate the game with. For me, there's always one defining song on each game, and Top Man's is that for me. Too bad you get Top Spin instead of his homing tops (yes I'm plugging a previous question I asked.) Going back to the fourth game, I don't understand why the music gets so much flack. There isn't a bad track in that game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh3bjT0i2sk I can't think of any other songs that have a jazz beat in the verses!

StuffyStuff

Dezner

Effen A, I stayed up a little late last night but Punk in BN3 was DEFEATED by me! Of course I didn't play awesomely enough to get his chip, but it was one of those battles that I absolutely refused to give up on! I just needed a break to collect my thoughts, that's all.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

MysteriousVoice

Ive never played or liked the BN series, but the original and Zero series are my favorites.
Favorite orginal: Either 2 or 4.

A Mysterious Voice suddenly speaks out to you....
......Whos there?

CanisWolfred

Dezner wrote:

Effen A, I stayed up a little late last night but Punk in BN3 was DEFEATED by me! Of course I didn't play awesomely enough to get his chip, but it was one of those battles that I absolutely refused to give up on! I just needed a break to collect my thoughts, that's all.

Happens to me all the time. Take breather and calm down, then keep trying and usually I win.

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

@MegaStonerSmasher91

Is the 91 in your name an indication of your age or does it just relate to the Year Mega Man 4 came out?

It's the year I was born in: 1991. Also, I'm pretty sure Mega Man 4 came out in early 1992 (in N.A. anyway), but Rock Man 4 came out in 1991, so I guess you could say that too. And as for the rest of my name:

-"Mega" is from my love of the Mega Man series
-"Stone" is a reference to my last name (just add an extra letter on there, and you got it. In fact, you've already said it a couple times in your posts)
-"Smash" refers to my love of the Super Smash Bros. series

And how many different ways are you going to type my name?

Cool, that's creative of you. Although now I can't call you "Kid" since you're older than me and obviously not a kid anymore.

As for your last question: As many ways as I possibly can. Which is a lot, since I keep adding words that aren't there.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

StuffyStuff wrote:

I usually start with Top Man too. That's why when I play MM3, Top Man's music is what I associate the game with. For me, there's always one defining song on each game, and Top Man's is that for me. Too bad you get Top Spin instead of his homing tops (yes I'm plugging a previous question I asked.) Going back to the fourth game, I don't understand why the music gets so much flack. There isn't a bad track in that game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh3bjT0i2sk I can't think of any other songs that have a jazz beat in the verses!

I think the Top Spin is a veriation on the spinning dash that Topman does after he shoots the homing tops. Personally I think its the most useless weapon in any of the MM games I use Topspin twice, on Shadow man and than on Gamma. Three times if you want to count the second battle against Shadowman as a seperate battle.

My Backlog

MegaStoneSmash91

StuffyStuff wrote:

I don't know why some dislike the MM4 soundtrack, either. Perhaps it's the way the music sounds on the NES? I've noticed that the tunes on MM4 are somewhat high pitched and, as some say, "tingey" (what does that even mean?). If you don't like the way this sounds:

then maybe you should listen to this:

It might be the overall sound of the music in 8-bit, but maybe people just don't like the tunes.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

TKOWL

The Final Bass Battle in BN6 is an absolute b****. His freaking shots do 200 Damage EACH, plus his Gregar Fire has such a large hit box! My friend got him down to 100 HP, but I can't get past 2,000.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

Tasuki

Excellent choice there with Skullman. Thats probably my favorite theme from MM4. Honestly I dont understand it either I dont see or rather hear anything wrong with the music in MM4. Divemans and Toadmans are a few of my other favorites.

My Backlog

MegaStoneSmash91

@Tasuki: That's my guess about the Top Spin as well. And while I don't use it a lot either, It is actually pretty effective against some enemies. Then again, why endanger yourself when you could just use a different weapon to shoot it from a distance? The same type of thing is said about the Charge Kick, and it has it's uses as well. It's not the best weapon in MM5, but it's not useless.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

StuffyStuff

Sorry, I don't have anything to contribute to the BN discussion. I have BN3 Blue and got bored. I hate all RPG's unfortunately. I say this because I'd like to play a long 8-bit game but I can't find any I like.

As much as I tend to agree with you guys, I have to say Skull Man's music is my least favorite in the game. Too plain for my taste. It's not horrible, but for me it's certainly the least among MM4. I really like Toad and Dust Man's themes.

If I had to pick a worst song, it would have to be Ice Man. I hate everything about that stage. Those stupid platforms that shoot at you drive me insane. Do they have a pattern? If they do, I'm not seeing it.

StuffyStuff

Dezner

The foot platforms? Definitely no pattern there, ask this guy!

The best part is the Outtakes when the platforms give Roahm quite a bit of trouble.

Edited on by Dezner

Uguu!

Twitter:

StuffyStuff

OH BUGGER! I know exactly how this guy feels. Thanks for this Denzer.

StuffyStuff

Dezner

"ERRRRR...I HATE THESE THINGS!"

Roahm's Perfect Run videos are fun to watch, I'd recommend watching more if you get bored sometime!

Uguu!

Twitter:

MegaStoneSmash91

RoahmMythrill is great! He's informative, funny, and does perfect runs of games! His videos also helped me find every bolt in MM8 and all the CDs in MM&B.

@StuffyStuff: Skull Man's theme isn't my favorite either, but it's still great. And you say you like Toad Man's theme? Well then....

And of course, here's the Complete Works version:

Toad Man himself gets so much hate for being easy and a stupid concept for a Robot Master, but I think he's kind of cool looking.

Beep.
That is all.

MegaStoneSmash91

Dezner wrote:

"ERRRRR...I HATE THESE THINGS!"

Roahm's Perfect Run videos are fun to watch, I'd recommend watching more if you get bored sometime!

Watched his Fire Man and Elec Man perfect runs after seeing the Ice Man one. Man he's good! The outtakes on Elec Man were fun to watch.

Beep.
That is all.

Dezner

Oh man, and his videos only get better than that. My personal favorite is his Ring Man video, I bust out laughing every single time I watch the REVENGE part. xD

Uguu!

Twitter:

Tasuki

OMG I just watched that Iceman vid and that was funny as heck lol. I dont know if it was his descriptions or his accent but I was busting up. I am going to have to find more.

My Backlog

Dezner

Here's his channel if you want to see more!
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoahmMythril

I've been trying to catch up on his videos since March or so, just when he started his Blind Run of MM10 (highly recommended videos, BTW)

Uguu!

Twitter:

Sorry, this topic has been locked.