General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 181 to 200 of 1,594

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

181. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

@Swerd_Mund

Personally, I like Mega Man because it's difficult but fair, but Mega Man X6 is just punishing. I can never see those Nightmares coming, so I always have to reload the save until I memorize every one of their positions, which is a ton of work. And some of those items seem necessary to complete the game, or at least it would be next to impossible to beat the game without it. It's just all way too much for me, and I see no reason to put up with it. Like Waveboy said, the game feels rushed, and lacks the polish and interestiing locals and enemies that make the rest of the series worth playing.

And Yeah, I am complaining that Mega Man X6 is harder than X5. Because why do I have to put up with a game that requires you to have split-second reflexes and a inhumanly good memory in order to obtain a power-up when I can go to X5 - or any other game in the series for that matter - where I don't
have to worry about some sparsely seen assailant taking away my precious items? Heck, Mega Man X5 (an by default the rest of the series) is the better game overall, too, so why should I have to put up with Mega Man X6 at all?!

@MegaStoner

Mega Man 7 had some of my favorite tunes. Thanks for that.:)

@Waveboy

Er, thanks for being helpful, but I think you need to lay off MegaStonerMeister a bit.:P

Man, I wasn't trying to be an towards him.lol He's knows I'm just kidding. We all know he's the Mega Man Master of this site. The way he talks about mega man, is the way I talk about A Nightmare on Elm Street.lol I love that franchise haha.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

182. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

I actually kind of like X6. It is difficult, but it gets easier as you make progress through the game (and after you've played it a few times). The Mavericks are are a good bunch, and the 2 new Armors are pretty interesting and fun to use. My one major gripe with it is the Nightmare Enemies. They turn rescuable reploids Maverick so you can't get the Power-up that the reploid may have had. It gets frustrating when you see some reploids and then the Nightmares swoop in so you have to act quickly to save them (it gets real bad in Infinity Mijinion's stage). But no matter what negative things you have to say about X6, the soundtrack is excellent.

MegaMeister, you just proved that you are the biggest Mega Man fan that ever existed. What you just explained there in your effort to defend it is exactly what makes it a terrible game. It's beyond hard that requires multiple playthroughs before it becomes managable. And part of that difficulty stems from the glitches and unfair challenges, and the occasionally terrible level design. The Nightmares were the worst because if that civilian died they never came back, and since you don't know what they're carrying, you may lose out on an item that you need to finish the game. This is just not good gameplay, IMO. The whole thing feels rushed and poorly thought out, which it was since there was never supposed to be a Mega Man X6.

I tried really, really, reeeealy hard to like Mega Man X6, but I couldn't. There was nothing to like. It just wasn't a good game, and from my experience. I didn't even like the sound track, which lacked as much soul as the rest of the game. You're free to like it, and you're free to defend it - The power-ups were cool (but were in MMX5 and X8, and were easier to obtain), the Bosses were interesting, and the new armors were neat, even though they weren't much of an improvement over the armors in X5 - But I'll tell you this, you're fighting a hard battle my friend. Good luck.

I can agree with that. X6 was a pile of rubbish. The X series got worse as they went on if you ask me.
X6 was clearly rushed, poorly thought out and beyond frusturating. X5 and X6 especially were the only MMX Titles I didn't enjoy, mind you I haven't played X7 and X8 and I never will ;) That aside, with X6 I couldn't believe how uncreative and horrible the final boss was....I mean honestly, it was pretty damn generic.

As far as the X series goes, X1 is classic, X2 while not as good, is still the best sequal in MMX series, I wasn't crazy over X3, and X4 actually turned out to be pretty decent. I know I'm not getting technical and into detail about the X series, but that's because I haven't played them in so long. While MegaStoneSmash91 probably plays them to death everyday and dreams about the boss patterns in his sleep :p

But really, X6 is easily thee' worst none 3D MMX game....Talk about irritating, unfair, poorly designed, with an unmemorable stinker of a soundtrack and craptastic art direction. And didn't X5 have a time limit for each stage? That was insanely annoying! Really though my minds VERY clouded regarding the X series....I remember that one particular Boss MAX in X6 who was incredibly difficult to the point where I wanted destroy my TV. I can't recall how many times I got my whooped by his cheap ! When all said and done I'm not exactly a big fan of the X series.....1 and maybe 2 are good enough for me as the rest just aren't up to par and the X series for me gets tiring fast. But if we're talking Classic Mega Man, oh god yes :D

If you didn't like the X6 soundtrack, then you must not be a fan of Heavy Metal or Rock music. I'm not really either, but I do enjoy listening to some of the songs. They aren't all great, but I wouldn't call the music bad at all. X5 did have a time limit of sorts, but it really isn't a big deal. Basically, every time you enter and exit a stage (and that goes for revisiting stages too), an in-game hour passes. When 14 hours are up, the space colony automatically crashes into Earth and the game ends. They give you plenty of "time" though, and as long as you don't keep entering and exiting stages constantly, you'll be fine. The X6 boss you are referring to is High Max. He comes into play with the plot, but ultimately becomes unimportant as the game progresses. I didn't really find him that challenging of a boss, though. The first time you fight him you can't win at all, and it's basically just an intro to the character. The other two times (I'm pretty sure you can fight him three times, and one of those times is optional) are just knowing what his attacks look like and how they operate. It becomes a case of "dodge this, jump over that, hit him, then dodge this, jump over that again, hit him and so on". You have to understand how to damage him as well, because you can't just hit him with an attack like any other enemy. You usually have to hit him with a special weapon, then with a normal weapon (or ice versa) and it differs whether you're playing as X or Zero.

And no, I don't play the games every day or dream about them (although the thought was funny :D ). I do, however, probably play them more often than other people would.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

183. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

@Tasuki - Great call on Top Man's song. Top Man himself is the worst boss of all imo but his song and level were pretty cool. I like the rotating top hop at the end. I think what makes Quick Man's theme so underrated is that it isn't a conventional song. What I mean by that is that you can rock out to Metal Man and Wood Man because they are pretty straight forward songs, but the percussion in Quick Man's music is a bit funky at the beginning. It's very complicated but it's cool.

The X series is weird. I think what makes it hard to judge is that they take place across three generations of consoles whereas the original series is strictly NES (I know 9 and 10 aren't actually NES, but the graphics are the same.)

Here's a question for you people. I played MM6 the other day, and I can't help but get annoyed with the weapon you get from Wind Man. He attacks you with a cool propeller weapon, and you get equipped with a useless wimpy mini tornado that never appears in the level at any point. Do you get bugged when you beat a Top Man or a Wind Man who attacks you with something cool, and the weapon you get is something...uncool? Sorry for all the opinion in this post.

Yeah, the Wind Storm is pretty odd, since Wind Man himself never uses a weapon like that. The same kind of thing also happened with Heat Man, Pharaoh Man, Charge Man, and Wave Man.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

184. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

@MegaStonerSmasher91

Is the 91 in your name an indication of your age or does it just relate to the Year Mega Man 4 came out?

It's the year I was born in: 1991. Also, I'm pretty sure Mega Man 4 came out in early 1992 (in N.A. anyway), but Rock Man 4 came out in 1991, so I guess you could say that too. And as for the rest of my name:

-"Mega" is from my love of the Mega Man series
-"Stone" is a reference to my last name (just add an extra letter on there, and you got it. In fact, you've already said it a couple times in your posts)
-"Smash" refers to my love of the Super Smash Bros. series

And how many different ways are you going to type my name? :D

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

Dezner

185. Posted:

My god, why is Punk in MMBN3 so ridiculously hard? I know coming back to a game after....four years or so is bad, but Punk is such a bloody cheater! :(

I also suck at BN games, so that's probably why. :D

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

186. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

My god, why is Punk in MMBN3 so ridiculously hard? I know coming back to a game after....four years or so is bad, but Punk is such a bloody cheater! :(

I also suck at BN games, so that's probably why. :D

Punk is no walk in the park in MMIII either. The name is fitting.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Dezner

187. Posted:

That's true, he's always been quite the pill whenever he appears. :p

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

188. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

@Tasuki - Great call on Top Man's song. Top Man himself is the worst boss of all imo but his song and level were pretty cool. I like the rotating top hop at the end.

Thanks Stuffy. Yeah Topman was one of the strangest Robot Masters in the series but you are right his level is pretty cool. I wouldnt necessary say hes the worst just I am not sure what they were thinkng when they came up with him. Maybe one of these days we might see Tiddleywinkman or Legoman. I like his song alot its just one of those songs that gets you pumped when you here it at least it does me. Hes usually my first choice when I start a new game of MM3 mainly cause I enjoy the music.

Speaking of music heres one of my favorites from MM2 Woodmans Stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmhjmYI8p7E&feature=related

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

189. Posted:

I usually start with Top Man too. That's why when I play MM3, Top Man's music is what I associate the game with. For me, there's always one defining song on each game, and Top Man's is that for me. Too bad you get Top Spin instead of his homing tops (yes I'm plugging a previous question I asked.) Going back to the fourth game, I don't understand why the music gets so much flack. There isn't a bad track in that game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh3bjT0i2sk I can't think of any other songs that have a jazz beat in the verses!

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Dezner

190. Posted:

Effen A, I stayed up a little late last night but Punk in BN3 was DEFEATED by me! Of course I didn't play awesomely enough to get his chip, but it was one of those battles that I absolutely refused to give up on! :p I just needed a break to collect my thoughts, that's all. :o

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

MysteriousVoice

191. Posted:

Ive never played or liked the BN series, but the original and Zero series are my favorites.
Favorite orginal: Either 2 or 4.

A Mysterious Voice suddenly speaks out to you....
......Whos there?

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

192. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

Effen A, I stayed up a little late last night but Punk in BN3 was DEFEATED by me! Of course I didn't play awesomely enough to get his chip, but it was one of those battles that I absolutely refused to give up on! :p I just needed a break to collect my thoughts, that's all. :o

Happens to me all the time. Take breather and calm down, then keep trying and usually I win.:)

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

@MegaStonerSmasher91

Is the 91 in your name an indication of your age or does it just relate to the Year Mega Man 4 came out?

It's the year I was born in: 1991. Also, I'm pretty sure Mega Man 4 came out in early 1992 (in N.A. anyway), but Rock Man 4 came out in 1991, so I guess you could say that too. And as for the rest of my name:

-"Mega" is from my love of the Mega Man series
-"Stone" is a reference to my last name (just add an extra letter on there, and you got it. In fact, you've already said it a couple times in your posts)
-"Smash" refers to my love of the Super Smash Bros. series

And how many different ways are you going to type my name? :D

Cool, that's creative of you. Although now I can't call you "Kid" since you're older than me and obviously not a kid anymore.:(

As for your last question: As many ways as I possibly can. Which is a lot, since I keep adding words that aren't there.:P

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

193. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

I usually start with Top Man too. That's why when I play MM3, Top Man's music is what I associate the game with. For me, there's always one defining song on each game, and Top Man's is that for me. Too bad you get Top Spin instead of his homing tops (yes I'm plugging a previous question I asked.) Going back to the fourth game, I don't understand why the music gets so much flack. There isn't a bad track in that game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh3bjT0i2sk I can't think of any other songs that have a jazz beat in the verses!

I think the Top Spin is a veriation on the spinning dash that Topman does after he shoots the homing tops. Personally I think its the most useless weapon in any of the MM games I use Topspin twice, on Shadow man and than on Gamma. Three times if you want to count the second battle against Shadowman as a seperate battle.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

194. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

I don't know why some dislike the MM4 soundtrack, either. Perhaps it's the way the music sounds on the NES? I've noticed that the tunes on MM4 are somewhat high pitched and, as some say, "tingey" (what does that even mean?). If you don't like the way this sounds:

then maybe you should listen to this:

It might be the overall sound of the music in 8-bit, but maybe people just don't like the tunes.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

195. Posted:

The Final Bass Battle in BN6 is an absolute b****. His freaking shots do 200 Damage EACH, plus his Gregar Fire has such a large hit box! My friend got him down to 100 HP, but I can't get past 2,000.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

196. Posted:

Excellent choice there with Skullman. Thats probably my favorite theme from MM4. Honestly I dont understand it either I dont see or rather hear anything wrong with the music in MM4. Divemans and Toadmans are a few of my other favorites.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

197. Posted:

@Tasuki: That's my guess about the Top Spin as well. And while I don't use it a lot either, It is actually pretty effective against some enemies. Then again, why endanger yourself when you could just use a different weapon to shoot it from a distance? The same type of thing is said about the Charge Kick, and it has it's uses as well. It's not the best weapon in MM5, but it's not useless.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

198. Posted:

Sorry, I don't have anything to contribute to the BN discussion. I have BN3 Blue and got bored. I hate all RPG's unfortunately. I say this because I'd like to play a long 8-bit game but I can't find any I like.

As much as I tend to agree with you guys, I have to say Skull Man's music is my least favorite in the game. Too plain for my taste. It's not horrible, but for me it's certainly the least among MM4. I really like Toad and Dust Man's themes.

If I had to pick a worst song, it would have to be Ice Man. I hate everything about that stage. Those stupid platforms that shoot at you drive me insane. Do they have a pattern? If they do, I'm not seeing it.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Dezner

199. Posted:

The foot platforms? Definitely no pattern there, ask this guy! :p

The best part is the Outtakes when the platforms give Roahm quite a bit of trouble. :D

Edited on by Dezner

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

200. Posted:

OH BUGGER! I know exactly how this guy feels. Thanks for this Denzer.

StuffyStuff