Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 37,761 to 37,780 of 37,874

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Says you.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

It’s amazing how these how these things work: 12 hours after proclaiming that never, ever, under any circumstances, ever do I get a chance to play video games when the sun is up, I’m at home with a sick, but not super sick kid, and we did some late morning Labo. The little pet house from the first variety kit. I wish the different activities had play counters. Since August, he’s probably spent a combined 20 minutes getting his finger licked by that little creature while the playhouse is vibrating from the joy con. I’ve been careful not to leave him alone with it.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX If you haven't had that "tea" that's about 15% tea and 80% corn syrup....you are forgiven for thinking it might not be worse. It's like a tea flavored jolly rancher, liquified, and in a cup.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

bimmy-lee

@NEStalgia - I’m not certain, but there’s a chance HFCS isn’t even legal where Thanos lives. This is hard for me to believe, but it seems there are countries in this world where the general consensus is that it’s unhealthy, and possibly even poisonous, to put it in everything we eat and drink.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Wait, WHAT? That actually sounds wrong, in SO many ways...

@NEStalgia Good sir, it would seem that you have forgotten that we don't use diabolical substances such as corn syrup over here. Only real sugar. And I've never really tried crap like that at McDonald's in the first place. The handful of times that I ever find myself in a McDonald's to begin with, is when me and my friends go to the cinema. A burger and fries is then mostly the meal of choice before the movie starts.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee My government told me it's perfectly safe, so I'm certain it's perfectly safe. They wouldn't lie. The FDA exists for our safety! Now I'm aggravated and need to sip my fluoridated water. How's my ConAgra and Monsanto portfolios doing? Things are looking up!

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX FWIW, corn syrup is perfectly fine and is a different thing from high fructose corn syrup. Normal corn syrup, sold as Karo (light and dark corn syrup) is a perfectly normal sweetener and is an essential necessity for some foods like pecan pie and shoo fly pie, Derby pie, etc. Also critical in some candy making (including home made type old timey candies.) HFCS is a factory made toxic abomination that exists in a majority of our food even though it shouldn't.

And Sweet Tea is kind of a southern specialty, I hear, and even the real, sugar based one is pretty disgusting to my northern palate. But the McD's HFCS based monstrosity is a whole other level of gross. When they first introduced it, I got it to try it and promptly dumped the rest of the cup and filled it with normal tea....one sip was too much.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Just let me pee in my musty-bug infested Dreamcast sports edition in peace.

@NEStalgia even as a southerner, I prefer unsweetened tea so that I can taste the actual tea. However, the only acceptable sweet tea is one with raw sugar.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee There are countries? How about the majority of the world? Corn syrup is far from being the most widely used sweetening agent on this planet. And it is unhealthy, and besides that, it ruins the taste of quite a few foods and drinks. Boy, is Europe going to be an eye-opener for you, food (and taste)-wise, if you ever decide to come and visit the Mad Titan...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia You haven't drunk REAL sweet tea, unless you've drunk Turkish tea. That's basically just tea-flavored hot syruppy goo in a cup.

@HobbitGamer Well, luckily that sports edition is black, so stains won't stand out so much, let alone any "yellowing".

At least you have one redeeming factor there with your understanding of how to actually sweeten your tea.

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Your joke/sarcasm/BS detector is slightly off today concerning my posts. My wife is in integrative medicine and goes to great lengths to keep HFCS, food dye, and various Monsanto chemicals out of our food at home.

limby-bee was a jerk.

BlueBlur101
Ubisoft
I swear
you have no idea how much Splinter Cell means to me

if this is some mobile game garbage I'm starting a riot outside your Toronto studio
It's been 7 flipping years since Blacklist and you teased us so hard with Sam Fisher in Ghost Recon Wildlands

BlueBlur101

Switch Friend Code: SW-7235-4572-5129 | My Nintendo: French Fry

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yeah, you probably got a point there. My bad. Had a bit of a hectic week, so "TGIF" is most certainly appropriate. And in fact, thinker/muller that I am, until a day or 4, 5 ago, I was actually still digesting the impact of that movie we discussed a while back, so that is also why I haven't e-mailed you yet, because I kinda wanted to practically completely get it out of my system, to sort of be able to take a step back and analyze it with a more clear, objective mind, instead of being in the mind-blown/frazzled/fazed state that I was initially in, also due to other, ongoing happenings.

And of course, that was kind of expected, because stuff like that almost never comes alone, and suffice to say that once you're in a certain mood, other things also influence you much more than when you're in your best form/shape, mentally speaking, even with nice or beautiful things, such as happened with that music show that me and @Tyranexx discussed a couple of pages back, after I posted a string of videos from it.

So, now that I'm slowly leveling off again, I apparently still don't have all my faculties about me. Then again: you never using any smileys also doesn't make it any easier, my friend.

But having said all that, Europe is STILL going to blow your mind food- and taste-wise, so that statement stands.

ThanosReXXX

@BlueBlur101 Ooh... "You need to understand the darkness to be able to face it ..."

Catchy and exciting.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx

While I understand why corn is subsidized by the USDA and why CS/HFCS is used in place of sugar by many manufacturers (as it's cheaper), I still find it appalling that the stuff shows up in foods where you wouldn't think it would exist. I normally try to avoid foods with it other than when it's attached to a rare treat that I enjoy. I've gotten VERY good at reading labels.

I try to avoid a lot of majorly processed stuff these days other than, again, the very rare treat. And yes, weaning yourself off of that much sugar and having the occasionally rare sugar binge day REALLY opens your eyes to how much of that sort of stuff is in our processed food. No wonder a lot of visitors out of the country think our stuff is way too sweet.

I mostly stick to honey and molasses as sweeteners, though I do stock both regular and brown sugar for baking. I don't tend to use them otherwise.

@ThanosReXXX We'll see. The OCD and anxiety-related tendencies that I have are definitely still being worked on. I get WAY too nerved up about things sometimes. Usually the stuff that didn't really warrant much of a raised heart rate.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Metroid: Samus Returns, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Well, I’m not holding it against you considering the actual joke was a sad truth you don’t have to worry about. It was a tragedy of a joke. NES got it because it’s part of his daily life, like it is mine. Poisoned food is what freedom tastes like.

Yeah, I would make the central focus of a European vacation about good food and drinks! And you can email me any time you’re comfortable doing so, whether it’s about something specific, or you just want to talk bad about @HobbitGamer using curse words.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Flim flam poo bopper! Nilly num nabisco

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

SheldonRandoms

Can't believe it's been 9 years already since I drew this doodle
Untitled

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants and Ristar!

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Also created Sheldon & Mr. Randoms on flipnote hatena, it was a series which I MADE!

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Well, honestly, if you would actually get a raised heart rate from playing something as utterly mellow and relaxing as Animal Crossing, then it probably would be a good idea to visit a doctor and get an official diagnosis...

Now, if you'd tell me you'd get stressed out and/or an elevated heart rate by playing Seaman, then I would believe you in an instant...

@bimmy-lee Heheheh... nah, I'd never talk bad about @HobbitGamer behind his back. He's my pineapple partner in crime. I'd say it straight to his face...

@SheldonRandoms And oh, how your skills have improved...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic