Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 37,781 to 37,800 of 37,860

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer Whip wham pancake smearups! Flippy flop sizzly snickerdoodles!

@ThanosReXXX It's more when it comes to to-do lists and stuff that needs done. I truly doubt Animal Crossing would elevate me to those levels.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Metroid: Samus Returns, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx As I wrote that comment, I started to think about what kind of element or thing/happening in Animal Crossing actually could trigger OCD or similarly sensitive people, and the worst I could come up with, is the fact that players from other towns/villages could take a train and visit yours, so at any given time, you could see a train with a visitor arriving at your local station. Back in the GameCube days, that worked by memory card, but nowadays, that will work online through swapping friend codes and such.

Then again: if you allow people into your village, it shouldn't come as too big of a surprise. Unless of course the tension of not knowing when it will happen, is too much for someone...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

Just got home from seeing Midway in theatre. I really liked it.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

Darn it, I did not mean to start this vulgar curse war! It’s gotten pretty bad in here lately, many of these potty words are new to me, so I’m actually expanding the vocabulary of words that make me anxious.

@ThanosReXXX - I’ve changed my diet a lot in the last 10 years, but I’m still not great. I eat a lot of stuff that I shouldn’t. My main food anxiety is for my kids, and making sure that what they eat consistently is of good quality. It’s not impossible to get them good, healthy food, and it’s less expensive to do so here in the midwest where people grow and raise a lot of our food; but it does take a silly amount of effort to keep, what we believe, to be poison out of our food. We were still vaguely talking about food, right?

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

This morning wasn't a happy day for me. I have attended the funeral ceremony with my Mom due to my uncle (my Mom's younger sibling) died by bleeding at his house according to my Mom's story. It was Wednesday i heard the news, so shocking to realize one of my relatives died by accident. After we went to Adi Jasa (Funeral House at Surabaya) to attend funeral ceremony, we went to Eka Praya Crematorium for the cremation process. My uncle left his wife and two kids (They got married). To visit Eka Praya Crematorium once again after my Dad passed away 5 years ago and has been burnt on that same Crematorium, i didn't feel really comfortable. And to see the average age of elder passed away around 60 - 80 years old in Surabaya, that gave me a reminder if i still have 30+ years later before i pass away, left my gaming hobbies forever. After the cremation, we visit the nearest restaurant to have lunch together with relatives and family's friend as tradition to close funeral ceremony based on Chinese Indonesian people's habit. I shouldn't have to tell this story but... I think i can block with spoiler tag

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

NintendoByNature

@Anti-Matter very sorry to hear about your uncle's passing, anti. If it makes you feel any better, by the time we all get a little older, medicines will be even more advanced, pushing our life expectancy out even longer. Hope you find the time to relax,play some games, and unwind to take your mind off it this weekend.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter My sincere condolences. Losing a beloved family member is always hard. Just remember the good times and the person that he was and as long as all of your family keeps him in their hearts, he's never completely gone, and you can carry that with you for the rest of your life.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, it's the Chit-Chat thread after all, so I think it's pretty safe to say that we're vaguely talking about just about anything in here, so if you wanna talk food, have at it. As a true Burgundian, I'll gladly join you. And seeing as it's Saturday, I'm already looking forward to having my snack plate along with a nice Bacardi & Coke later tonight...

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Oh, thank you.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tyranexx

Today is my first lazy Saturday in ages. After an insane past...well, month, I daresay I'm entitled to a Me Day. I'm gonna do a bit of adulting in a little while, but past that the day is mine! =3

@ThanosReXXX I don't think something like that would trigger any of my OCD tendencies. I'm more interested in Animal Crossing: New Horizons thanks to this conversation and may pick it up at some point in the future. It's not a huge priority right now as I'm trying to avoid picking up any new games.

In fact, barring any holiday gifts, I'm quite determined to not add to my gaming backlog or my booklog for at least a little while. Both are starting to get a bit large. XD

There IS one exception to that: I'm still planning on landing a Switch in the near future.

@Anti-Matter My condolences to you. It's never easy to lose someone we know well, be they a relative, close friend, or even an acquaintance. I'm not sure how you deal with loss - everyone is different in this regard - but take it easy. Share or dwell on memories of your uncle, play some games, or generate more of that amazing art of yours!

bimmy-lee

Whew, blew leaves for two hours today, and then pulled everything out of the garage, swept it out, packed away the summer stuff, and unpacked the winter stuff. It’s supposed to be a cold, snowy winter in my parts. I heard the caterpillar folklore explained this week @Tyranexx . The caterpillars here have been mostly solid black or brown, instead of striped with black and brown; which means an abnormally harsh winter.

@ThanosReXXX - Cheers then! I just got back home with a 12 pack of Brewdog Elvis Juice. Brewdog started in Scotland, grew throughout Europe, and recently opened a brewery and tap house a state over which supplies my area. It tastes very multinational.

@Anti-Matter - Sorry to year about your uncle Anti. It’s normal to consider mortality, both yours and theirs, when you lose a loved one. Hope you can feel better in the coming days and weeks.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee From what I've heard, it'll be a similar case here. Most of my stuff is at the ready, but I'm gonna have to buy more salt. Last winter was pretty mild, so the remaining supply of the year before sufficed. I'm not gonna push my luck this year lol. Especially since it's been cooler than normal here. Heck, we're supposed to get a blast of rain/snow on Monday, so I'll spend more time outdoors tomorrow getting in some exercise and playing PoGo.

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Well, I'd say everything at your own pace. I can definitely recommend getting a Switch, but I can certainly also understand priorities and/or back logs, especially from personal experience, so suffice to say that I'll see you join the ranks whenever the moment's right for you. Be sure to let us know, though.

@bimmy-lee Elvis juice? That doesn't sound nearly as enticing as it might possibly be in real life...

ThanosReXXX

On a side note: damn, I'm well on my way here. I'm surprised my English is still as coherent as it is, seeing as the rum is hitting me pretty hard tonight. Weird how that differs from week to week. Sometimes, it just seems like it has almost no effect whatsoever, and on other times, it literally hits you like a brick.

#mysteriesofalcohol

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx

I did experience my first buzz/mildly tipsy episode at the evening event of the conference I went to. I limited myself to two drinks as is my tradition at social events. Either the can of beer and then the canned red wine didn't mix too well, or else I should've waited a bit longer before grabbing drink #2. I remember everything that transpired and had no loss of coordination or other faculties, but I did experience the slight uptick in confidence and did feel a little odd in the head (more than usual, anyway). I'm not really sure how to describe it other than I felt mildly floaty for about an hour or two.

All in all it wasn't a terrible experience as I had no hangover symptoms the next morning, but I don't care to test my boundaries past that point.

Weirdly enough, the two servings of Yeungling I had the next evening didn't measurably affect me at all.

@ThanosReXXX Trust me, I'll post a pic or two when I do. I'm hoping to join the legion of Switching sooner rather than later at this point; I originally estimated that I'd get one towards the end of this past summer, then for my birthday, and then towards the end of this month. That day may now slide into December or even into early 2020 now. Besides backlog (I need to not love JRPGs so much), I'm also hoping to have a surgery from earlier in the year paid off by Christmas, plus I'm also using the system as a reward of sorts at this point for getting the ball rolling on something else.

Oh for the days when I didn't have so many of these "responsibility" things....XD

Edited on by Tyranexx

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Only six?
I actually AM partially kidding, but being used to stronger alcohol, I'd need a lot more beers to create a similar effect. And I've got Scandinavians in the family as well, so I've learned to hold my beer ever since I was legally allowed to drink it...

But yeah, it is weird how that differs. Some say it has to do with what the Dutch call "laying a good foundation", by which they mean having had a good dinner, which should mitigate the effects of the alcohol, because supposedly, you'd get drunk faster on an empty stomach.

Well, I've eaten pretty well all day, and I'm still getting knocked down, so even if there's some truth to that, it's definitely not the entire story...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Ah, liquid confidence. And here I thought that was just a male thing...
You know what it actually is? Alcohol removes filters/inhibitions. So, it's actually not gaining confidence, it's actually the inner you. The Dutch have a saying, which goes like this: "only kids and drunkards tell the truth".

And that's as true as it gets. Normally, some words/texts will stay in your head and will never leave your lips, to be thrown into the ether, sometimes also for the better. Alcohol removes all of those restrictions, so you better take care of when you let go, and with whom you let go...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX I've heard that, which is one of the reasons why I'm keen to not completely lose control. XD As some of the conversation with someone I met was related to the job I do, I had to be careful to not give away any personal info about clients, integral components of our software, and the like. I remember I did a pretty good job of describing what the client/server app I work on does without getting too detailed. I did stutter/have to slow down a bit at one point, but that's an occasional occurrence even when I'm sober. It typically happens when my brain is working too fast for my mouth to keep up, or else the verbal dictionary is struggling to find the proper term. XD

All in all, it was a ton of people - mostly software developers - hanging out and having a decent time. The coworker who went with me to the conference also enjoyed it.

As this facility had axe throwing ranges, perhaps it was better that I participated in that before I finished drink #1. XD It was open bar and also had food, but you had to pay for the latter out of pocket. I wonder in hindsight how many walked out of there way more out of it than I was.

Edited on by Tyranexx

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX lol. Let me rephrase. I had a good amount Monday night. More than my normal, 8-10 which is alot for me these days considering i don't get out much and kids don't make great ( or at all) drinking partners 😉. But 6 is a good amount for me to feel good but not out of bounds/ need to be supervised haha..back in my yout, I used to be able to really knock em back as it was a weekly occurrence every Friday and Saturday night.

I get the "had a drink in my hand at a young age for dinner" thing. Used to get wine ( small amounts) at Sunday dinner, holidays and weddings. But it was a very small amount just to wet the pallett.

In closing, I'm just not the spring chicken I used to be thanos... my mornings pay for it with a house of little ones who have no regard for how loud they are, Or what they want to do bright and early. With that said, 6 is usually the right number for me these days, and will probably be hitting that number on this chilly Saturday night

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic