Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 37,741 to 37,760 of 96,507

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Bummer! Ah well, safety first right?

Sleet isn't fun, but I'll narrowly take that over freezing rain. This winter has been weird so far. I think November and January switched places.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea for sure. I'd rather us have a much early winter and be done with it by late feb.. btw I ended up having some extra eshop cred and grabbed 4 more Wii u vc titles making the total 6 in January. Im off to a good start.
-dkc2 (finished last night)
-superstar saga
-new super mario bros
-Yoshis story
-metroid zero mission
-Kirby and the amazing mirror

Have a 50 buck gs gift card too i might cash in for eshop cred

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I can only speak for two of those: Metroid: Zero Mission and New Super Mario Bros. are both excellent. Zero Mission is a superb remaster of the original Metroid and adds its own spin on the series. NSMB is a good place to see where the modern 2D Mario entries began; I received it by accident for Christmas one year, but that was one of the best accidents ever.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx I played fusion last year and loved it. I have new smb for Wii but I think( hope) they're different from each other. I did love the Wii version although i never finished it. With that said, I'm sure I'll be in for a real treat with the ds version.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - That’s the game within the game man. It’s the meta game. Who can get there first without totally looking like they’re trying to get there first, gobble it up, and then say, “Whoops, sorry, didn’t realize you needed that more. I know I had full health, but... here, have my extra out of gloves. My hands are starting to sweat.”

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature They're different games from each other, so you should be safe. NSMB's graphics haven't aged the best, but I consider that a minor annoyance at worst. The minigames are also pretty fun and easy to get sucked into. XD

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee it's by far the best part of SoR..and you can only do it if you have full health, otherwise it's a worthless joke no one can appreciate. And you have to throw out "dang.. I was just trying to sock that guy dancin around with a switchblade and leather pants." I mean....you really gotta sell it. Pause the game throw your head in your hands and just sit there for a few minutes. Let them know you didn't mean to...knowing dang well you meant to, and gladly gobbled it up.

On a side note: I love that you threw in a dumb n dumber reference knowingly or unknowingly. Either way I liked it. Gee.....i thought the Rocky mountains would be a little rockier than this.

@tyranexx good to know. Finishing Yoshis story tonight and might jump into nsmb

NintendoByNature

NotTelevision

@HobbitGamer No problem almost forgot.

@bimmy-lee Haha. Just take what’s yours. Your friend doesn’t need that spread shot either. Might as well grab 3 and be a total gangsta.

NotTelevision

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature @NotTelevision - It really is one of the joys of two player gaming. How to grab everything, even if you don’t need it, while making it seem as though it was all completely unintentional. It’s an art form really. One of my Contra buddies of my youth was a wizard at it. I always wanted to punch him, but I couldn’t because I respected the gimmick and his mastery of it too much.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX "Me, thinking to myself:
"Well, that's nice, such a big update to Pokémon Sword and Shield. Practically all one could ever want. That finally oughta stop all the whining about how bad it is and how few Pokémon it has".
What the HECK was I thinking? Of COURSE these so-called "fans" aren't going to stop whining, because no matter how much is added, changed or improved, it'll probably never be enough. And the article already has close to 300 comments. I'm getting pretty sick and tired of all these cry babies..."

They whine with reason.

It also confirms that the main games are not worth 60$.

Maybe someday they will consider a complete version with everything on the cart but I doubt that. And we know Nintendo does not care much about preservation so in the future there might not be even a legit way to play on those expansion islands.

alpacatears

@Zuljaras I'm actually much happier with them doing the Mystery dungeon remakes than them doing Sword and Shield. My partner has Shield so I've seen him playing it docked and it just seemed so patronizing. The idea of you fighting at the champions league and they are still doing the whole, 'You did a super effective move, great job' type talk made me so ticked off that I knew I'd never settle too well into it. It just felt like Game Freak's only frame of reference for children was Dora the explorer.

alpacatears

Heavyarms55

Ah man, it's been an uncommonly good day for me today! I woke up and watched the Pokemon Direct first thing, and bloody loved everything about it! Super hyped for that!

Then went to work and had an extremely busy day, but despite that, it went considerably well which made it almost fly by! Always a pleasure! And one of my elementary school kids made me an origame flower as a present which was just amazing! Super quiet kid who never really does much obvious in class, so I was doubly surprised!

Then I get home and waiting for me in the mail box is Gundam 40th Anniversary Best Mix 4 decades of Gundam music - in a lovely 2 CD package! Which has had me nerding out intensely all night!

Had a nice meal at a little Italian place in the mall and got my grocery shopping done! Now I can kick back wish some hard cider and relax because I have a lovely 3 day weekend coming up! I don't think I could have honestly asked for a better day today!

Oh yeah, I guess we avoided WW3 too. For now. That's nice!

#feelsgoodman

Now, the question is, how long till my neighbors complain about this music blasting?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Vinny

Only the truest Wiintellectual Wiizards from the remote Wiinterstellar dimension have played the Endless Ocean games.

But seriously, those were pretty good games. I've been playing some Blue World recently.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

bimmy-lee

@Heavyarms55 - Nice little day you’re having for yourself, real nice. There’s probably only a couple hours left, but let it ride! It feels amazing when everything falls in line with minimal hassle. It’s as though the sea of annoying things has parted for you today. So much better than the days that feel as if you’re the star of a miserable, troll version of the Truman Show, and everyone’s favorite episodes end with you crying in the shower.

@Vinny - I didn’t know about Endless Ocean until a few years ago, but they’re right up my alley, and I’ll probably play them some day. Where does a serious Boom Blox addiction put me on the WiiZard scale?

limby-bee was a jerk.

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
You can try Go Vacation Switch too if you like Scuba Diving and other Sport activities.

Edit: Sorry.... I was coughing. 😷
Rainy season made me caught a cold.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@Anti-Matter - Yeah, I’ve looked at that one a few times, I remember the review as well. I’ll probably get The Touryst some day, which had sections like that as well. I was going to get Abzu for a while, but I’ve passed it up on sale; so I think that time has come and gone.

No coughing! Don’t let the cold win. Focus your energy, and burn it out from the inside .

limby-bee was a jerk.

Vinny

@bimmy-lee Bloom Blox is top Wii-tier, true elder Wiizards surely have played this game a lot.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

bimmy-lee

@Vinny - That makes me feel good, think I’ll put on my Wizrobe, and slide my Wiimote into the off brand wizard’s staff accessory that doesn’t actually work with any particular game.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee lol, the master of power up stealing is a title we can all respect.
@Tyranexx finished Yoshis story last night(VERY short game but it has alot of replayability) so I started zero mission. Not sure if the whole game is like this but I'm finding power ups and upgrades frequently(which i like, otherwise gameplay feels stale to me). Already got grapple, morph, bomb, charge beam, long beam, ice beam( maybe 1 more?). Feel like I progressed quite a bit already after playing for a good hour. Question: I notice they have destinations marked on the map, at least early on in this game, is that something i can get used to or does it eventually not tell you where to go?

NintendoByNature

NEStalgia

@NotTelevision I think in the US the main issue is where most countries have one unified propaganda stream with one shared message that most people believe that the leadership wants the public to have, the US has two conflicting propaganda streams, one in contrast to the other, though one is more widespread than the other... In theory that should be a good thing as it should give people more conflicting information to need to resolve. But in reality people seem to have no interest in divining the truth between the conflicting "narratives" and it just leads to "picking a team and sticking with it." Even if both of them are lying equally as much - and right equally as much. Worse is when they overlap and have the same "true lie" because ultimately the dispensers of both propaganda streams are generally the same group of elites representing the same stakeholders, with the same common interests, just different interests in particular arenas. Nobody doubts them when they agree. That's a dangerous tool they have, and I can think of no counter for it at all.

@Heavyarms55 Haha, will do!

@bimmy-lee Ok I have no idea what this wall turkey thing is about but if I'm reading correctly, you're hobbit's pimp, and there's a meth deal going down with NBN? That's what I'm getting form this anyway.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic