Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,241 to 36,260 of 37,064

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter My friend, I think we had better stop this conversation, because you keep mentioning stuff I don't like or have no desire for, and you keep posting videos of it, regardless of me not being interested. I don't WANT to know about this music, and I don't CARE about it either.

Why can't you just do what I do? Just post the names of the artists and their songs, instead of spamming the thread with entire video play lists? If people are interested or curious, they will more than likely go and look for videos or music of it by themselves. That's what I meant by not forcing things upon people.

On a side note: and as I expected, you misunderstood me AGAIN. You keep saying what Japanese people like, but that is false. Much like ANYWHERE in the world, there's a part of the people that like dance music, while other parts of the people in that country like rock, hip hop or even classical music. It's the same everywhere. There may be a slight preference of a certain type of music in certain countries, but you can never generalize and say that people of a certain country always like a certain kind of music.

Much like all of us here, they too all have different tastes and preferences.

Oh, and you also misunderstood my slow music comment. I did NOT mean slow music in DDR, but in general, as in ACTUAL, beautiful and slow songs. Not video game songs, playable on a dance mat...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NotTelevision

@ThanosReXXX I also like 2 Unlimited and Snap.

I’ve got a soft spot for “Rhythm of the Night” by Corona. Early “hardcore” techno like N.Y. Style’s “James Brown is Dead” and “Dominator” by Human Resource are also awesome. 😁

NotTelevision

ThanosReXXX

@NotTelevision Now those I can agree to.
In all honesty, though, some of that might be due to youthful sentiment...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@NotTelevision Double-posting, now, are we?

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
I don't understand how to chat with you. 😕
Like every single topics always clashed.
About music, about video games, about general topics, etc. Like i cannot share my preferences to be discussed about and oftenly i got disinterest responds. I felt lonely by every single rejections like that. 😞

From my point of view, looks like we are two completely different peoples with very contrast favorite things. You like something Pure 100% Real, Normal in everything, Very Adult taste, very formal while i like something fancy, lively, kiddie, youthful, totally opposite with you.

I don't know what kind of topic you like to discuss about because everytime i want to talk about something interesting from my knowledge, i oftenly got backslash or rejections. 😣
And when you started to talk about your preferences, i oftenly frowning my face to see very uncomfortable conversations about something too serious or too formal for me (talking about environmental, vehicles, adult lifestyle, etc).

About music, i do like very slow musics regardless those are used for video games or not. For non video game musics, i do like some slow songs such as The Best of Me (David Foster & Olivia Newton John), Save the Best for Last (Vanessa Williams), Take a Bow (Madonna), My Heart Wii Go On (Celine Dion). I do like Orchestra musics too such as Hungary Rhapsody, Carmen, Montagues & Capulets, etc.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Eel

@NintendoByNature @ThanosReXXX I didn’t really know about the movie either until a few days ago when we saw a poster at the movies.

Anyway, it was good fun. Nothing too crazy, but not too dumbed down either.

I also couldn’t help but be amused by the fact that snoop dogg apparently voiced cousin It.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NotTelevision

@ThanosReXXX Yeah I don’t understand how that happened. As usual I won’t accept responsibility and instead blame it on these new fangled elecmatronic thingamajigs.

NotTelevision

BruceCM

That Rhythm of the Night is one of those I remember fondly, too, @NotTelevision .... I like a pretty good variety of music It often depends on my mood & what I'm doing at the time obviously makes a difference, too
Some stuff is great for being in the pub, etc while other stuff is better suited to time at home Some work better with company & others are best enjoyed alone!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

NEStalgia

@NotTelevision Corona...wow now that takes me back further than Nickelback.... I miss that era. I don't particularly like the song at all, but it brings back a tremendous amount of memories and the overall feel of the era. Also makes me think of a lot of places that just recently have been taken away It's a good, but melancholy reminder...

@Anti-Matter Yep, you and Thanos are more or less polar opposites in all things in terms of tastes and preferences. Some of it is just being personally total opposites by nature, and part of it I presume a bit of "East meets West" in a clash of norms. Put the two together and there's lots of clashing.

Though I would summarize it as: While everyone has some degree of yin and yang, your taste and interests tend to skew very heavily toward the effeminate compared to average. Thanos is the quintessential alpha-male. That's ALWAYS going to clash. If you approach Thanos with dance music, "girlie games" (your words), kids movies, etc. etc. It's going to clash severely with things that interest him. Can't do anything about that, you two are just extremely opposite in taste.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

NEStalgia wrote:

Thanos is the quintessential alpha-male.

My goodness, that's one heckuva statement. @ThanosReXXX 's overwhelming sense of masculine charm has left you weak in the knees, is that it?

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Well, there you go, Vanessa Williams, Madonna, classical music...
See? We actually do have some similar tastes.

Like I said: we don't all have to like all the same things. And I most definitely do not just like realistic games.
I own just about every Mario, Yoshi and Kirby game, and I even have all of the Animal Crossing games.

Heck, I'm a 100% pure Nintendo fan, so that should tell you enough about the kind of games I also like, besides the games I play on my Xbox and PC.

So, if you want to have conversations with people that don't like certain things, then the answer is simple:
don't keep mentioning these things, or otherwise, you're only going to get negativity back.

I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand that people have different tastes, and that this is OKAY.
You don't have to DO anything about that, or go against it or whatever. Like what you like, but also respect other people's choices, it REALLY is that simple.

Person A likes steak, person B likes chicken. If they're smart, they're not continuously going to argue about why that is and how sad or lonely it makes them feel because the other doesn't like what they like...

On a side note: the comment you first replied to, wasn't even meant for you, but for @Tyranexx, so you made the decision to react to that yourself. You could also just think to yourself: "well, okay, that's strange" or "well, I don't really agree with that" but you don't have to react to every comment I make about music or games, even if you don't agree with it.

@StableInvadeel That actually made me slightly more interested...

@NotTelevision Apparently a simple website kerfuffle. I also had double comments, and on top of that, my browser glitched and closed itself, so when I restarted, I had double comments as well, but strangely separated by comments from other users...

@NEStalgia Well, quintessential male is a bit too much of a good thing. Although "good" is also debatable, nowadays...

No, I'm just a simple grown up, and I play games appropriate to my age. I would feel decidedly weird playing games meant for toddlers and preteens, and I like a large variety in all of my entertainment.

But besides that, what with my highly empathic nature and all, I could NEVER be classified as THE quintessential male. Too much of a "feels" guy for that...

As for Anti, like I already tried to explain to him many times over, and not just this time around: it's his apparent incessant need to peddle his tastes and/or question tastes of others that don't agree, or simply not being able to comprehend/fathom that differing tastes exist and above all: are perfectly fine.

And it's the same story every damn time: "but I don't understand. I like this and this and this... (subsequently goes on to post an entire successive string of videos about it)" and then we have yet another useless and repetitive discussion. I try my damnedest to explain in the most elaborate and polite way possible, I really do, but the message never hits home.

@Ralizah Erm... thank... you... ?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Eel

I'd honestly love to see a video of his voice acting sessions.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

You got jelly on my peanut butter!
You got peanut butter on my jelly!

Rabble rabble rabble.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NotTelevision

Corona is something everyone can truly get behind- even just sentimentally. It can’t be a guilty pleasure now, so now we can all go dance to it and the Alpha males can’t say anything.

NotTelevision

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Here, a peace offering:

Hope that makes all the boo-boo go away again.

NEStalgia

Huh, so this is interesting. I tried to open a line with verizon, and they won't let me past the credit check without faxing them a physical copy of my id and social security card. And I'm already a customer on record..... at least of their internet services. Huh?

Well that's not going to happen. EVER under ABSOLUTELY ANY CIRCUMSTANCE What kind of moron would you have to do to fax all your critical documents to a random number at a phone company? Yet apparently this is something they do randomly for verification now?!?! W.T.F?!

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Ralizah LOL. Not quite. But it gives me the fun idea of Thanos as a chibi 6 pack guy....

NEStalgia

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Oh, Cutie Honey. 😊
The song i knew from DDR Festival PS2 Japan.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic