Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,261 to 36,280 of 43,611

Tyranexx

I'm normally not much of a beer person - I tend to prefer things like wine and fruity mixed drinks - but I did find out on this trip that I like Yeungling. It hasn't made it to my area yet, though I've heard it exists in bimmy's neck of the woods.

@ThanosReXXX Heh, yep! I'm usually up for a good pun, and I don't consider that one TOO worthy of a facepalm....

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Yo-kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

bimmy-lee

Pie update. I have my grandma’s recipes for her for pie dough and pumpkin pie. We’ll be trick or treating in my parent’s neighborhood tomorrow, so I’ll raid the cookbooks for her sugar cream recipe.

@Heavyarms55 - I enjoy all the Japanese beers when I’m in the mood for a Pilsner. They’re all pretty crisp and clean. The lack of variety is startling though. I think I’ve seen pictures of beer vending machines in Japan. That’s doing it right. Why not have one on the train on the way home after a long day? There’s a decent “Japanese” brewery in San Francisco called Hitachino, but I don’t think they even brew a Pilsner, which is weird.

@Tyranexx - They sure have made it to IN, I believe a few years ago now. I was really excited to see Yuengling on the shelf when they first arrived. Drank a lot of “laga” in my Philly days. I don’t drink it much now because the stuff we get here tastes different than the stuff I had there. They only send lager, and the light version. They make an amazing pale ale in a gorgeous can called Lord Chesterfield. If they ever sent that my way, I’d buy it all.

If you’re in Philly for your work trip and get a little free time, there’s a great little museum you can work your way through in short order called the Mudder Museum (or Physician’s College). It’s full of medical curiosities. There’s a lady displayed in there who mummified herself with her own body fat. She’s called The Soap Lady. There’s lots of other cool/disturbing things to see too.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Heavyarms55

@bimmy-lee Train beers are great! But even better is the Beer Train! A local party on a train, where they swap out the usual seats for benches, and we ride the 2 hour loop around Lake Biwa and have all you can drink for that 2 hour period! Super fun! Tickets always sell out well in advance!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

bimmy-lee

@Heavyarms55 - Haha, sign me up! That sounds like a great time, and a nice way to meet people and see some scenery. It also sounds like a great premise for a sequel to Midnight Meat Train.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Well, it sure sounds entertaining. Hope they don't force to do karaoke with them, though...

@NotTelevision That's exactly how I see Corona: as a summer beer. Normally, I'd mostly just drink Heineken, if I'm drinking beer, that is.

@bimmy-lee How the heck could you mummify yourself? Pretty hard to do once you're already dead.

But disturbing indeed...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

I've always found it to be an odd juxtaposition that Japan is such a drinking culture. It seems so contrary.

NEStalgia

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Ha, word choices, bimmy, word choices. They matter. So the Soap Lady was discovered while doing some excavating in the city. She’s from Colonial times. It appeared as though the building she was in collapsed on her, and nobody knew she was there. She wasn’t embalmed or buried properly, and the site was razed and re built. She was a bit on the heavy side, and through a miraculous process of time and pressure, her body fat mummified and preserved her body; turning her into a perfectly preserved, wax like cadaver. Even her clothes and hair were preserved in the process. Since soaps were commonly made of animal fats in her day, upon discovery, she was nicknamed The Soap Lady.

Edit - There are pictures of her online if you search The Soap Lady. Probably not appropriate to post them here. They’re a tad disturbing. She’s a little less preserved, and a little more mummified than I remember, but if you spend time with her in person; you really can make out her clothes and small details.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

Anti-Matter

One day, there was a talkative parrot at pet shop which can mimicking people's conversation. The parrot was displayed in front of pet shop to attract the customers.

And there was a woman who oftenly walked in front of that pet shop. The parrot tended to say "Ugly Madam ! Ugly Madam! Rawk! " everytime that woman walked in front of that pet shop. At first, that woman ignored whatever the parrot said, thought it was a meaningless babbles. But from day to day, that parrot keep saying "Ugly Madam" all the time to that woman everytime she walked in front of the pet shop. At the last straw, she came after the owner of that pet shop and complained about the parrot which always insulted her all the time. She asked to teach the parrot to talk nice in front of peoples. The owner did her favor and after 1 week it worked.

As usual, that woman walked in front of the pet shop. The parrot was still like to babble but this time it just said "Madam! Madam! Rawk! "
That woman came after to the parrot and asked "What? Did you want to say i am ugly ?"
"Rawk! How did you know, madam ?!" answered that parrot.

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Eel

There's a town here in Mexico where the type of soil in the cemetery ended up mummifying many people by accident.

They have their own museum.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

Ended up buying Disney classic collection yesterday. Haven't played it yet but I'm excited to see how lion king is. I played a ton of genesis Aladdin growing up so it'll be cool to revisit that. Probabaly should've held off considering lm3 is dropping tomorrow but oh well. I know alot of us chit chatters are grabbing lm3 so we should all do some multiplayer this weekend.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Spend time with her? Haha, yeah... I think I'll pass. Contrary to what my avatar might make you think, I'm not all that interested in death and all of the various processes connected to it. I find mummy caskets far more interesting than corpses wrapped or mummified in whatever material.

I did once see the little French girl in the glass casket, though. Talk about perfectly preserved...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

This is not what I expected "necroposting" to be like...

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, to be honest, you started this whole "no fresh meat" topic...

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Well iff'n you wanted 'er you ca'd 'ave 'er

...... And I'll leave now...

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia No, thanks. And it's the guy that's supposed to be stiff, not the girl...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Oh, come on, I think you’d enjoy some time with her. She’s not a great conversationalist, but she’s an excellent listener. I do think the preservation of history in that kind of detail is really cool, but yeah, I’m not a necro weirdo; as much as I like horror movies.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX cheap evenings, quiet, and an absolute monster in the bedroom. What's not to love to death?

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia The added cost of the ridiculous amount of surplus air fresheners, for one...

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX If it were me, they'd force me to stop doing karaoke! I can't carry a tune at all! I can't match tempo very well either. People tell me I sound more like I'm just reading the lyrics no matter how much I try to sing. lol

@bimmy-lee It is a lot of fun! Although I don't know what midnight meat train is. lol

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

bimmy-lee

@Heavyarms55 - It’s pretty much the exact kind of thing I’d want to do if I visited Japan (or anywhere else that has a beer train), but I’d probably never know about it unless I was connected with someone local. Very cool. My local zoo has a train ride for kids that circles a pond as part of its route. I’m going to pitch them the idea. It’s a short walk from my front yard, I’d do it all the time. Midnight Meat Train is a movie about how people (often drunk) ride trains at night and end up becoming food.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic