Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,261 to 36,280 of 36,474

NEStalgia

Ok, seriously WTF is it with NL and missing eyes?

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia No idea. I've got contact lenses...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

Jack would probably love to play with Cyclops.

@NEStalgia Nintendo saw it coming.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

I learned that eyeballs heal incredibly fast, and my eye repaired 80% of the slice since yesterday. So maybe I’m only missing 1/32 of my eye, and even that should be healed by tomorrow. I also learned today that I sliced my tear duct, which is why it’s been watering since it happened, and that will take a long time to heal. So yeah, Bimmy tears all over the place. I should start commenting in Pokémon Sw/Sh articles. I’ll fit right in.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

bimmy-lee

Very fitting, even though I identify as a Goron.

limby-bee was a jerk.

MrManBummer0

Give me the cheese

A

Switch Friend Code: SW-5861-4125-3617 | My Nintendo: NoMan00000

PACO_PEREZ

@bimmy-lee That's life of my 2 pugs (Cyclops & Ororo) they both smile, eat, sleep or play.

Pugs are just perfect company. In the worst days of my life, getting home and seeing Cyclops & Ororo smiling when they saw me was of great help.

Cyclops is honored to represent anything one eye related.

PACO_PEREZ

PACO_PEREZ

@bimmy-lee Eyes heal amazingly fast, but boy is it an ugly ride. It's just too uncomfortable will it heals. I had an ocular trauma once, and it was hell on earth, but it healed 100%.

Even at work I hate working with eye surgeons. I prefer having all the accidents or gunshots or fractures.... But eye surgery... No thanks.

PACO_PEREZ

HobbitGamer

@PACO_PEREZ I’ve changed my pic in solidarity with Cyclops and all the eye talk.

@bimmy-lee Sick burn. Next you’ll want waaaaaluigi in Smash

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

MrManBummer0

I want the cheese

A

Switch Friend Code: SW-5861-4125-3617 | My Nintendo: NoMan00000

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel The reason why the tongue and the insides of your mouth also heal fast has to at the very least partially have to do with an entirely different reason compared to eyes, though. The enzymes in saliva are excellent bacteria killers and are also good in breaking down any other unwanted material.

And the remains of any bacterial battle will ultimately end up in your stomach where the acids take care of the last bit. The eyes on the other hand only have moisture coming from the tear ducts, and of course the fluid contained within the eye itself. But because of its almost gelatinous nature, wounds heal far quicker than with normal body areas consisting of skin.

Just think of Lasik, the procedure where they laser your eyes to allow you to once again see without glasses: in that procedure, they make a small incision and then peel back the front to get to the lens, and once it's done, the flap is put back without any stitches or anything, so it reattaches itself entirely on its own.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

@PACO_PEREZ - Yeah, pugs are great. Mine was a rescue, and I swear she was the most appreciative dog I ever adopted. Hilarious too. She was a bit funky on both ends, and took more hygienic maintenance than any other dog I’ve had, but we had a good, long run together.

@HobbitGamer - Ha! He’ll probably have missing animations anyway. Stupid, lazy Nintendo.

@ThanosReXXX - I just realized that I had no idea what is involved in Lasik surgery until I read your post. I suddenly have a much better appreciation of what our friend Tyranexx recently went through. What a process.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

MrManBummer0 wrote:

I want the cheese

There's no such thing in this thread.

@bimmy-lee you know what they say.. an eye for an eye. Go show that tree who's boss, and have a bon fire.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Oh, it’s happening my friend. The branch fell when I was chopping it down. It was only about a 15’ juvenile elm tree and long since dead. I’m going to burn it this fall and then spit on its ashes.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic