Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,221 to 36,240 of 96,526

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Oh, that I understand, the "others" comment was just a general statement because I see people make that assertion fairly often - but it doesn't match my personal experience at all. Though I am well aware it's possible I just have bad luck in that regard.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer my time with it wasn't pretty, zombies were the main enemy (really weird glitchy ones, not at all in the spirit of original feral ghouls), and hunger and thirst were obnoxious, constantly making to spend all your time crafting and gathering.

Though I do hate Bethesda fallout overall. They still miss the entire feel and mood of fallout. Looking so forward to outet worlds!

NEStalgia

Eel

Hah.

I added my account to my brothers switch, as a secondary account, and let him download any games he wanted. I’ve been playing mostly offline on the lite, so it usually works out if he wants to play my games.

I decided to view the eshop and opened the suspended game by accident, so he messaged me all sad that he was playing a game and hadn’t saved. Ha!

Thankfully I don’t think it actually closes the game, it just pauses it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

To those here experiencing this wonderfully early winter weather...stay warm and stay safe! It's highly unusual that we get drifting snow here this time of year. The white stuff itself isn't that deep, but when you factor in the wind.... 🥶

@ThanosReXXX Those roads actually sounds a bit narrower than more well-maintained highways here, but some country roads around here certainly get narrow in some spots. Some roads aren't even paved and are little more than dirt tracks in a few cases. GPS systems do funny things around here sometimes.

That said, some parts of the country are way more remote than where I live. Here you mostly have to worry about river and creek bottom lands not having reception as well as the occasional wooded area.

Yep, hindsight is always 20/20. I daresay nearly everyone out there has made at least one decision they regret in their life. I've been involved in a couple of accidents; one where I wasn't at fault as I was rear-ended while at a stop sign, and the other I wasn't ticketed for due to the conditions surrounding the circumstances (tl;dr the local Department of Transportation hadn't replaced something yet). I've had many near misses while driving on ice though. What stinks about that is that I know how to drive on slick roads, but even then you only have so much control sometimes.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bimmy-lee

We got our first real winter storm today. It went from rain to snow over the course of about four hours. We only got maybe two inches of snow, but it was just enough to make a lot of people forget how to drive in it. It should stay below freezing for the next few days, so it might stick around most of this week. It’s a little bit early for a snow like that though, so we really could be in for a big winter around here.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

It’s 53 here, but supposed to fall to 26 by Wednesday morning.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Bad luck? How so? I'm almost afraid to ask, but still... as if the general negativity isn't already sad enough as it is...

@Tyranexx Yeah, these roads are a bit narrower indeed. When two broad cars pass each other there, they'd probably have to skirt the grass on the side a bit. And don't even get me started about oncoming tractors and related machinery...

Luckily, I'm a city boy, and we've long since left that camping lot and sold the caravan that we stayed in over there, so now all we have to worry about is 4 or 6 lane city roads...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

Cold rain and the occasional gusts of cold wind over here. Typical autumn weather, but it's slowly getting colder, so it won't be long until the ice reaches us as well.

Winter is coming...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX I mean, it's possible that my personal experience is heavily slanted. Maybe in general most of the negative comments I have dealt with have been vile but on the wider average there is, perhaps, more constructive criticism than mud slinging. I don't believe that's the case, but I have no numbers to work with, only what I have personally seen.

And what I have seen is that people generally throw more insults, attacks and complaints than constructive criticism. By a significant margin.

On the topic of weather, it's getting colder here too. In my area it's the time of year where you generally want a jacket in the morning or evening but midday you are probably fine with just a long sleeve shirt. But as soon as the sun sets the temp drops. Still, even the coldest it gets in Shiga is still much more mild than Michigan where I grew up. (Not counting up in the mountains of course)

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NintendoByNature

Yea work today was a real treat with how bad people were driving all day. Took me over 2 hours to go 40 miles this morning 😣. Saw lots of people's cars left in ditches.. Hope all you guys experiencing the bad weather stay safe.

Side note: might finish lm3 tonight and looking forward to having some free time to play a little more smash. It's been way too long honestly. Ended up buying king of fighters 95 on sale( first ever experience with the series). If I like it enough, Might make me grab Terry in smash

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

I really really really extremely hate Game Award / Movie Award. 😡
It just only glorified disgusting rated M things every year and peoples keep liking them, something that i cannot even understand those absurdity. Bruuh..!! 😤

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Tyranexx I understand people are upset too, and even agree with you. I'm surprised the series managed to reach that many Pokemon.

I know the feeling about not feeling like talking about a game without backlash. I've experienced similar on other forums I've been to in the past, though it wasn't over Pokemon games. As a result, sometimes I worry about discussing games I like online.

@NintendoByNature That doesn't sound good. It may snow tomorrow, so I'm hoping it won't be too bad and the roads are clean by Thursday as I have some errands to do. I like snow, just not traveling in it. Hope you enjoy King of Fighters.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

NotTelevision

@ThanosReXXX Even today I wouldn’t tell my parents about the dumb and weird things that I did with their car when I was a teenager. We weren’t even drunk for most of it, but if we were I may not be alive to tell the tale.

So yeah I totally get your point.

NotTelevision

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee And just like that Indianer is out. Got a spare room @HobbitGamer? Don't worry the couch will do. You'll hardly even notice me. Unless Smash is on.

NWS still forecasts "warm winter" for most of the country. The internet alarmists are screaming "2014 all over again!!!!1!!!" - I'm not sure why "meteorologists" get paid. We could all throw darts and make guesses that have no basis in reality while citing scientific "reasons" for our determination and shrugging it off when we're completely wrong as "oh, something moved over the Pacific so it's all different now." These people get big money and fat government pensions for basically making arbitrary "educated guesses" while never admitting that they have far too little information for these guesses to actually be useful at all unless it's something big and powerful.

If it's 2014 all over again, I'm going to put a plastic bag over my head and take a nap. I refuse to relive that nightmare ever again.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, I guess we kind of have to take the good with the bad. Much like in school or in the workplace, there's always going to be a couple of rotten apples on site, and in the digital world, that effect is just more widespread and profound, unfortunately. But in the end, it's still our own choice to invest time and energy to try (probably against our better judgment) to do something about it, or to simply do our best to ignore it as much as possible, and simply focus on the things that ARE worthwhile.

@NotTelevision Haha, yeah, indeed... Better keep them wondering forever. Sometimes it's hard to keep a straight face, though. And I also can't lie to save my life, especially not to people that I love or care about, so if they turn on the fifth degree mode, then I'd probably be toast...

@Anti-Matter Good games and good movies are good not just because of a rating or because of content, but simply because a lot of time and energy and love from all the people involved has been put into them, and that work and effort deserves praise in certain cases, regardless of whether or not we may like or dislike the type of movie or game. It's simply a case of each type of movie or entertainment being able to be the best (or not) in it's own genre. And that DOES deserve an award, regardless of what you think.

You don't HAVE to like EVERY game or movie, so there's no problem with that, but on the other hand, you MUST respect other people's choices, and also accept the fact that your own taste is VERY specific, EXTREMELY limited and not regular for people of your age or gender, so you've put yourself in this situation where you have a very limited choice of game and movie types, and you also seem to force yourself to (uselessly) hate on everything that's not in line with what you like or prefer.

That's not only stupid and short-sighted, it's also completely and infinitely useless. An utter waste of time and energy. Go and do something better with it instead of constantly complaining about the same thing, which makes you no less annoying than all the other people on here constantly complaining about the same damn thing.

Just let people have their own choice, enjoy their own type of entertainment, and don't continue to criticize that all the time. And just focus on what you DO like to play and watch, instead of worrying/stressing about all the things you don't like. It's not really doing you any good either, since it's not gonna go away, so if you want to continue this useless behavior, then you can LITERALLY expect to be doing it for the rest of your life, because it's not going to change any time soon, so why would you even want to keep putting yourself through that?

All people like different things and have different tastes, and there's really nothing wrong with that, as long as we're all okay with it, and not constantly want to criticize or complain about the things that we don't like, because basically, all that does, is create a whole lot of useless negativity.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Sure, I’ve got room here in sunny temperate Georgia. Just don’t put your feet up; that’s Jack’s ottoman.

Yeah, folks here keep saying we’re gonna have an “x” winter, and I’m just thinking “You mean it will be winter, then? With bits of warm and cool? Like last time?”

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Um...
I typed my rant about Game Award / Movie Award since there was a lot of disagreement inside my brain after i read some other user's comment. I wanted to express my rant but i was afraid if it will insult someone so i posted here in Chit Chat thread without tagging someone. When someone mentioned about Game Award, my mind was thinking about negative things i always caught from each Game Award traditions. I felt so insecured everytime i met something like that, like i have to deal with very unfriendly situations all the time.
The reasons why i was very hard to change my habit about not keep being negative because i saw the hatred things as something completely wrong and shouldn't be exist. It was like my retaliation and defensive behavior against something i hate.

Btw, if you don't mind to listen another my thought in my brain, i'm really against with cigarettes and have NO compromise at all with them. I extremely hate people smoking but what made i hate even more was the cigarette foundation that became sponsorship for sport event (Badminton in my country by Djarum Foundation). That was something really really Absurd Idiot to get sponsorship from cigarette foundation for Sports, especially when the young athletes got funded by cigarette foundation, i was thinking that i have to agree with their contract to get funded with money from cigarette profit, the cursed thing that made peoples got sick and lost their sanity and at the same time i have to agree with them to funding me with all facilities to improve my sport skills but that mean i have to let their f***ing business keep going, keep making a lot of peoples puffing more smokes, contaminating the air, forcing the other peoples become passive smokers. What an absurd insanity !!
If i want sponsorship, i would better get funded by something healthy and can makes peoples happy and long lived such as Yakult or Food supplement or any healthy products so i will definitely agree to deal with their sponsorship. And if i was a student with sport talents and one day my school ask me to join in sport event but with the sponsorship from cigarette foundation, i will definitely refuse to join in and instead i will declare to quit from my sport activity and choose to drop out from my school if my school still keep cooperate with that f***ing cigarette sponsorship. I hate even more with cigarettes after the physical abuse i got when i lost my job and working part time as shop clerk with my sibling, i have been forced to be passive smoker since my sibling and my Mom were not allow me to complain the smokers that came to my sibling shop. I was thinking to suicide with all the abuse i got and built my frustration and hatred even more. But luckily, i could apply on Primary school to work as School librarian and drawing teacher, so i can escape from the cigarette smokes.

I apologize if i have to type this wall of texts since i still not capable to explain my thoughts with better English, i tried my best to explain everything from my brain, especially my worries, insecurities and disagreements.

I still have no friend in real world and i oftenly talked to myself when i felt lonely or have something disagree in my mind. 😔
Even after you have explained to me, i still felt insecure when something not on my line disturbing me.

Am i really stupid to understand how to socialize with other peoples without making negative interactions ? I oftenly thinking i am really stupid, have no hope to change my behavior become better person, always be alone, still childish, etc. I felt my uniqueness like a curse sometimes.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer The problem is that they pretend they can actually predict weather. They like to take all these measurements of this ocean current and that oscillation and the snow pack on Bill O'Grady's farm's outhouse in northern Manitoba and they come up with the probability of below/above temp precip and try to determine patterns.

Ok, cool, sounds scientific.

Problem is they seem to be wrong a lot more often than right, meaning those indicators don't formulate an even remotely reliable depiction of what affects weather. But they keep plugging at it, averaging it through historical data, assuming that same indicators will get better and better over time. Then they average it across the "known biases of each computer model." If you're forecasting predictions based on what you know is WRONG with your prediction tools.....you really ought not get paid for the prediction .

Imagine if bookies worked that way at the race track?

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Oh yes, I'm very familiar with having to follow or get over for farm machinery. Not that I blame them and do give them a wide berth/respect, unlike some overconfident morons who cause accidents due to being in too much of a hurry.

There are also a couple of bridges, parts of roadways, and so on near where I grew up that are recommended for one vehicle at a time due to how narrow they are. You definitely learned to watch!

@bimmy-lee @NintendoByNature I almost tagged both of you in my comment yesterday as I was sure you were also dealing with some of this lovely weather. The temps here are supposed to shoot back up to above freezing after today (around 40° F), but not a lot of the snow will be disappearing until tomorrow. It'll barely get above the teens here today.

Again, stay safe! I've managed driving all right in this weather, but I've had to take it a little slow. Plenty of accident reports surfaced in the area yesterday. There's a layer of ice under the snow from the initial melting that makes driving more fun.

@Sunsy I've pretty much stopped discussing it, at least on the main site under articles. I've even stopped visiting the SW/SH topic here in the forums, though that was inevitable anyway; I won't have the game until sometime after launch. While I don't mind Pokemon/Dex spoilers, I want to wade into the story without knowing much about it.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic