Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 22,621 to 22,640 of 96,530

Eel

I wonder if these "Apple Support" spammers will ever realize they are sending these emails to my microsoft account, not my apple account.

I mean, if you want to have a chance at stealing my information at least do it right. You have ONE job and you're doing it wrong.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

Haha, that reminds me of the day that a phone scammer called my cell at work. At first, it's an automated message pretending to be the IRS, stating the target owes back taxes and has to contact the given number immediately. I was bored between webex meetings, so I decided to call the number from my desk phone.
A gentleman with an Eastern accent picks up and just says "Hello, IRS?".
I say "You know that's not how the IRS answers a phone, right?"
He angrily replies "This is IRS, we arrest you!"
I laugh "The IRS doesn't arrest people, that's the Treasury Department. Which one are you now?"
He insists that he's the IRS "No, we IRS come arrest you now!"
At this point I'm trying to still be nice "Okay, I'll make some tea and let the Sherrif and real IRS know you're coming."

It was fun.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

Oh I once got an email saying I would get fined for not paying my taxes. In London.

The closest I've ever been to the UK is Texas.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer Everything about that exchange with a completely clueless foreign national with a tenuous grasp of English threatening to use force and having no understanding of the roles of the bureaucracies of the Federal Government have done everything to convince me he was legitimately an IRS employee..... They only thing he needed to be more convincing was "We arrest you now, no wait, not after my hourly sanctioned fifteen minute break, THEN we arrest you now!" If that were included, you'd have been screwed.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

NEStalgia wrote:

@Yosheel Apparently they weren't expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Ba-dum Pshhhh

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

Yosheel wrote:

Oh I once got an email saying I would get fined for not paying my taxes. In London.

The closest I've ever been to the UK is Texas.

Psst....
I set the postal code for my 3DS, Wii U & Switch with Georgia.
I pretend i am Americano, Not Indonesiano.

Anti-Matter

Eel

I somehow believe that spam was related to this site. Since it's the only british website I visit regularly.

Nothing else in my life has anything to suggest I would maaaaaybe live in the UK.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NEStalgia

@Yosheel Apparently you must have banned the wrong person on the wrong day...

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

HobbitGamer wrote:

The dominion rod is what I can use on the owl statues in the overworld, right?

Yep! It's one of the items in TP that has few uses outside of the temple you obtain it in, but its intended use is cool! I still prefer the Spinner though.

The above convo reminds me when "Microsoft Support" called my company's main number a couple years ago....The technician that took the call had a field day! The rest of us were trying not to die laughing in the background. X3

Scamming/Phishing 101: Make sure the phone number you're calling does not belong to a tech company.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ogo79

i have decided to dress up as a n64 fan for halloween.
because on halloween yer supposed to be something yer not in real life.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

LuigibrineTheGreat

Speaking of tech, Intel just announced their first mainstream platform 5GHz processor today! (i9-9900K)

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx Haha, that’s awesome.
How ‘bout the Hurricane George Michael, huh? About to unleash a careless whisper in about 30 hours on us. Cat 3 at land near Tampa it looks like.

#MudStrongs

Tyranexx

ReaderRagfish wrote:

Low Quality Text to Speech Voice: "THIS VERY IMPORTANT CALL. YOU MUST CALL (number) OR YOUR MICROSOFT WILL BE TAKEN AWAY".

Oh noez! Not my Microsoft! Then I won't be able to use the blue E to check Facebook! 😭

HobbitGamer wrote:

How ‘bout the Hurricane George Michael, huh? About to unleash a careless whisper in about 30 hours on us. Cat 3 at land near Tampa it looks like.

Shameless song reference in 3...2...1....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

Do you guys ever find yourself feeling guilty or anxious and not knowing what it is your did or didn't do to cause it? In particular when you let your mind wander?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Octane

I felt guilty eating a second dessert yesterday.

Octane

HobbitGamer

Hurricane Michael spotted off the coast.
(removed the embed because it's large for mobiles)
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5b/77/59/5b77593843673cf611c8e...

Then my office just had the bulletin from Georgia Emergency Management come in. Gonna be a long week

"The 5am update for Michael tells us that it has strengthened with winds at 90 mph. It is a very large storm moving NNW at 12 MPH. Hurricane Michael is expected to make landfall around the Florida Panhandle on Wednesday as a major hurricane, then weaken as it tracks northeast across GA and SC later Wednesday and Thursday. Significant impacts are likely across all or portions of southeast GA/SC. We are currently under a tropical storm watch. What we can expect:

• Rainfall of 4-6 inches starting today through Thursday
  • Tropical Storm force winds will arrive Wednesday most likely starting mid-day and continuing through Thursday morning.
  • Isolated flash flooding possible starting tonight through Thursday
  • Some downed trees and power lines are possible
  • Isolated tornadoes possible mainly Wednesday afternoon through Thursday morning.

The attachments give the latest timing and impacts from hurricane Michael. Today all day thunderstorms are possible with a high of 84."

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfish Not really. My town has a weird weather thing. Most storms pass around the 15-mile radius like some sort of dome. Savannah usually takes the brunt of anything. This one has little to no evac path, though. It's passing over the entirety of the state within 12 hours

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic