Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 22,621 to 22,640 of 26,375

Delibheel

No, my family is actually very good at cooking all kinds of seafood. We live surrounded by sea after all.

I just don't like the flavor of shrimp. No batters or drizzles will change that...

Edited on by Delibheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ReaderRagfihs

I don't consider myself a fan of seafood at all, but there are a few that I genuinely enjoy. I like tuna, and I love lobster, especially with the right kind of butter.

But most kinds besides those two are something that I would eat if given to me, but not something that I would order off a menu and pay for.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread

Delibheel

I can tolerate a little bit of crab meat every now and then. That's about it.

Lobster... No thanks.

Edited on by Delibheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

roy130390

@Yosheel Where do you live mate? I'm in Yucatan and despite being living about 20-30 minutes from the closest beach I rarely eat sea food. It's a shame bacause when I moved from Mexico City I thought I was gonna eat it almost daily, and I really like sea food...

roy130390

Delibheel

BCS. It's not like my family eats seafood every other day, but it's extremely easy to get fresh ingredients. So they could if they wanted to (and I let them).

When my eldest uncle was still alive, my dad would stockpile on shrimp, lobster and other sea stuff to throw him a banquet every year on his birthday. He lived in Arizona where that's expensive, so it was kind of a special occasion for all the family there.

I've never been that far south, but I'd like to assume you can find fresh seafood in local markets and stuff.

Edited on by Delibheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

Blitzenexx

I like most seafood, but the really good salt water stuff is sort of expensive here in my corner of the Midwest.

Weirdly enough, I've never had lobster. I've tried their smaller crawdad lookalikes, though.

Video Corner: Every JRPG Ever
Currently playing: Majora's Mask 3D, Super Paper Mario

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

roy130390

@Yosheel Nice, those sound like awesome memories. Sorry for your loss, but it's nice to now your uncle was so loved by your family.

Haha, sure, there are more options than in Mexico City, but I kinda expected a considerable difference in prices and... well, it still costs a lot in many places and there aren't as many specialized on sea food as I would have expected. There are good options for cheap sea food if you know wehere to look though.

I may move to BCN when I finish my career, and if I do, I'll definitely try to go visit BCS.

roy130390

Delibheel

@roy130390 haha yeah...

About buying stuff, I'd recommend to stay away from super markets and big stores. Try to go to small fish shops and mercados.

I know in some places there's entire outdoors mercados that open only early in the morning and sell nothing but seafood.

It would also help having some connections, a few local friends. If the people think you're a tourist, they'll up the price.

To be fair, the fancier stuff is always more expensive, but you should be able to treat yourself every now and then if you become a regular.

If you wanna visit BCS some day, late winter is a good time if you wanna go whale watching!

Edited on by Delibheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

ReaderRagfihs

I live nowhere near the ocean, so seafood is a luxury, which doesn't help my indifference to it. But the occasional lobster is nice, and there's always canned tuna.

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread

JackEatsSparrows

I think the only seafood I really eat is shrimp and salmon, both rarely. More of a beef and chicken region in Georgia. Tonight I actually made corned beef hash, topped with a fried egg.

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ReaderRagfihs

@HobbitGamer I totally forgot about salmon, add that to the list of seafood I actually like.

Anti-Matter

I prefer Vegetables than meats.
I still eat both of them, but i really like vegetables if i can find Vegetable dishes on the table.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

JackEatsSparrows

Woo boy. Back to work after a 3 day weekend.
"Can you have this ready by 8?"
No, because I just got in 30 minutes ago. And that's in 4 minutes.

Trying to decide what movie to put on in the background...Either Black Hawk Down, or just more episodes of Video Game High School.

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ReaderRagfihs

So today's the day Dragon Quest XI releases on every platform except for the ones I have.

Sigh...

Alantor28

I would like to give my thanks to Shigeru Miyamoto for being the father of Mario and Zelda and for giving us great Mario and Zelda games. I hope he keeps working at Nintendo until the day he dies.

BTW, I know I mentioned this before in another thread, but for those who have a laptop and have trouble connecting their Switch to the internet because the router is either far away or something, try turning your laptop into a mobile hotspot. It worked for me. Took me a few days to figured it out and my Switch works fine in WiFi.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Vinny

HobbitGamer wrote:

Woo boy. Back to work after a 3 day weekend.
"Can you have this ready by 8?"
No, because I just got in 30 minutes ago. And that's in 4 minutes.

Trying to decide what movie to put on in the background...Either Black Hawk Down, or just more episodes of Video Game High School.

Black Hawk Down is a great movie.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

JackEatsSparrows

I've begun naming files for email attachments very aggressively today;
"Al Gore.xls" - Someone wanted me to rerun a report for the 5th time
"LiarLiarPantsOnFire_YoureAnEnabler.xls" Someone wanted data changed to make an outcome more desirable.

BHD is great. But IT did something to the network, in that they decided to initiate carbonite backups on everything during normal hours. Everything is running slower than a turtle with nothing to live for.

Edited on by JackEatsSparrows

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Alantor28

@HobbitGamer You're lucky. My parents gave me a crappy private network for me to use and it is causing slowdowns on my PS4 and can't connect to my Switch, so I had to turn my computer into a mobile hotspot that is using my own wifi network and it is great for both of them by better connection and improved speed. Need to do that with my 3DS sometime.

PSN: MMX20

JackEatsSparrows

Alantor28 wrote:

@HobbitGamer You're lucky. My parents gave me a crappy private network for me to use and it is causing slowdowns on my PS4 and can't connect to my Switch, so I had to turn my computer into a mobile hotspot that is using my own wifi network and it is great for both of them by better connection and improved speed. Need to do that with my 3DS sometime.

I'm also fortunate in the placement of my Router; On a breakfast counter that separates the kitchen and living room. My switch is about 8 feet from the source, with only 1 half-inch wood plank between on one side.

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

GforGoomba

Are fanfictions allowed in the General Discussion?

(why did nintendo have to shut down miitomo)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic