Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 22,641 to 22,660 of 96,456

Anti-Matter

I was Surprised to see Dragon Quest Builder Demo version (Nintendo Switch) in 60 fps when docked and undocked.
It was like WHAT ?!
Impressive !

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@diwdiws
I didn't know if Dragon Quest Builder Demo version (Switch) was running on 60 fps both docked & undocked, so it was a nice surprise for me.

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

I have to give a nod to the durability of the Switch. Last night my poor Switch took a terrible tumble. I had set it down on the chair next to me and got up....apparently a little velcro cord wrapper on my headphones had hooked onto my clothing ever so slightly, and when I got up, it pulled the switch off the chair about 1.5+ feet onto a wood surface. I was horrified when I heard the smack! I carefully gave it a complete examination over every square inch of the machine, and remarkably can not find a single scratch, scrape, or ding. The joycon took the damage: right joycon was slightly unlatched, and there is a chip taken off the top corner of the latching mechanism so now I can slide it off and with little resistance it comes off without hitting the release latch. Still works, and still stays in place while playing, but can be removed. It's just the joycon latch, other joycon stay in place fine. I might replace the joycon set anyway as the left stick has been getting odd for months (test screen shows calibrated, but occasional drift and frequent resistance to being fully registered left/right means slow walking at times) But miraculously the switch seems fine. Hopefully there's no fan/heatsink issues long term but so far so good. Not as fragile as some people like to claim, thankfully!

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

Glad your toy didn’t break!
Think I’m gonna stay away from that soapbox article for a bit lol

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

Yikes !!
Just now i found two cockroaches were in my bathroom. They were eating their friends (already died) when i found them (Yikes ! A Cannibalism).
I have no choice but have to terminate those pesky insects by pouring them with water i drew from a tub, and once they flipped, i poured them with liquid hand soap on entire their body to kill them in seconds.
I really sorry to get rid them but those pesky insects just made my bathroom dirtier.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

...why not just crush them with a shoe?
Your house has become animal crossing.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer You mean the article where a legit webzine, often accused of promoting piracy and often defiantly claiming they do nothing of the sort and claiming they hint they are against it, openly promotes piracy right in the headline?

Yeah....I think that one is best avoided....

@HobbitGamer That sounds more like the Sony Studios clone of Animal Crossing.

NEStalgia

Eel

Tip:

Use a paper towel or toilet paper to remove the dead insect. You’ll pick it up, not come in contact with it, and clean the guts all in one step.

Unless it’s some rare kind of juicy red blooded bug, you won’t really have to deal with much cleanup.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

Question for you guys that have played Shadow of the Tomb Raider already: I'd heard it had more of a horror/suspense/scary vibe this time. I'm not into that. I hated the zombies in Uncharted 1. Is it still properly "tomb raider" or has it taken a darker more stress inducing turn this time?

NEStalgia

Vinny

Almost at the end of Pikmin 2. It has been a great time!
Probably gonna beat it this friday since it's a national holiday in Brazil.

Watching some Ralph Bakshi movies in the meantime.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Tyranexx

I kill bugs with napkins, TP (if it's close by) and a fly swatter if needed. I do tolerate the occasional spider in my house since they eat a lot of the other stuff that likes to barge in.

I remember watching a couple of Switch videos where people were dropping them from crazy heights onto different surfaces just to test the durability. Apparently it's a pretty durable machine, but each drop made me cringe. I try to baby my electronics for the most part, and each accidental drop gives me a heart attack.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Uuuuuggggghhh I bought Breath of the Wild for Switch (I had it for WiiU), the new package that comes with a starter guide.

The shop charged me twice!!

And the bank says I must wait two days before they can do anything.....

Nhhhggggghhhgg.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

Yosheel wrote:

Uuuuuggggghhh I bought Breath of the Wild for Switch (I had it for WiiU), the new package that comes with a starter guide.

The shop charged me twice!!

And the bank says I must wait two days before they can do anything.....

Nhhhggggghhhgg.

That's... unfortunate. Hopefully things are resolved soon!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

HobbitGamer

STARLANCER!

Hope anyone in Florida is all good. Michael Meyers is beatin everything with a wind knife. Should be here in 7 hours. I get tomorrow off, since my department is working this evening. After work it’s gaming till the power goes out.

But really.... starlancer.

#MudStrongs

NEStalgia

@Tyranexx Yeah, try to treat my electronics like they're made of liquid plutonium. Of course trying to do so often gets me into MORE trouble with accidentally hitting or dropping them than if I used them normally.

But the drop was terrifying. I'm glad it was a wooden surface and not concrete or something! Darned velcro....

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

NEStalgia wrote:

Yeah, try to treat my electronics like they're made of liquid plutonium. Of course trying to do so often gets me into MORE trouble with accidentally hitting or dropping them than if I used them normally.

But the drop was terrifying. I'm glad it was a wooden surface and not concrete or something! Darned velcro....

Funny how that works lol. Sometimes my anxiety is unwarranted, but you'll notice a significant difference or two between my old systems from when I was a kid versus now. Granted, I always have been a neat freak and often don't deal with sticky systems in any case, but let's just say I wasn't as careful with where I stored my systems as a kid....

My Game Boy Color and Advance SP have both been almost everywhere.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Illusion

@ReaderRagfish House of the Dead 2, Gundam 0079 Rise from the Ashes, and Toy Commander are my 3 favorite dreamcast games. Dynamite Cop, Silent Scope, Super Runabout San Francisco, Hydro Thunder, and the first Power Stone are also really fun games.

Illusion

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfish: While I had a case for my GBC, I only took it with me on longer journeys when I planned on swapping between cartridges a lot. Otherwise I typically kept it in a compartment reserved just for it in my backpack; while this protected it from the elements, it likely got jostled around a bit. It's actually still in fairly decent shape other than some paint wear and the fact that the up/down inputs on the d-pad are delayed sometimes.

My GBA SP on the other hand....I didn't have a case for it besides the small freebie one with Rayquaza on it that came with my Pokemon Emerald preorder. I didn't always like using the case, so more often than not it spent a ton of time in my pocket. Ironically a lot of the paint damage on it is from klutzy me accidentally dropping it on more than one occasion (once on my bedframe, another time in the security line at the St. Louis Arch). It still surprisingly works, but it occasionally doesn't power on correctly; I suspect the last (bad) fall that it dealt with had something to do with it. The shoulder buttons don't work 97% of the time, but I highly suspect that they're just clogged with lint. I don't like doing it often, but the blowing trick does work wonders....

I now use carrying cases for a lot of my portable systems when I'm out and about, but I never liked using the console armor type of things as they seemed to make the consoles more bulky. Same goes for screen protectors since, with one exception (I blame the Guitar Hero: On Tour games), my screens are usually on decent shape

Edited on by Tyranexx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic