Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 20,541 to 20,560 of 96,530

Tyranexx

Anti-Matter wrote:

I couldn't sleep well again.
Well, lately i felt lonely and had a lot of things on my mind.
It was 3 am here, but i still awaken.

I'm normally a pretty decent sleeper overall, but lately some medicine I'm on has made it problematic. I can fall asleep fine, but I've been waking up at odd hours. I slept better last night after waking up at 4, but the night before I woke up at 5 and was unable to fall back asleep. Thankfully I get to stop taking the medicine this coming Monday.

@Knuckles-Fajita: I've been checking threads lately and didn't realize you were YHP! Hopefully the new puppy helps improve matters, and that a few things turn around for you. I can sympathize with the stress; I frequently use video games, books, and hiking to unwind a bit.

Edited on by Eel

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Celebi Journal, Day 3:

I have calculated that I'm around 1000 encounters in. The legendary pink onion still eludes me.
My thumb hurts.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Fooligan

Untitled

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

HobbitGamer

My day started with 5 SQL report requests already in my inbox. I'm not even the IT department. And yesterday it was decided by execs that I need to provide mandatory training to 20 people because 2 of them don't listen to what they're told. And my subordinate is late, after having yesterday off. Things like this are why the American Bison was almost hunted to extinction. These exact things.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ogo79

ogo79...making private parts not so private since 1979

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tyranexx

HobbitGamer wrote:

My day started with 5 SQL report requests already in my inbox. I'm not even the IT department. And yesterday it was decided by execs that I need to provide mandatory training to 20 people because 2 of them don't listen to what they're told. And my subordinate is late, after having yesterday off. Things like this are why the American Bison was almost hunted to extinction. These exact things.

I mess around with databases in SQL Server quite often. I'm used to doing the more complex queries in the coding language that I use (which isn't the best, but I'm familiar with it). I probably need to brush up more on actual SQL syntax sometime.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

HobbitGamer

Tyranexx wrote:

I mess around with databases in SQL Server quite often. I'm used to doing the more complex queries in the coding language that I use (which isn't the best, but I'm familiar with it). I probably need to brush up more on actual SQL syntax sometime.

It wouldn’t be as frustrating if I didn’t have to use Crystal Reports. The IT director won’t give me access to sections of our EMR system so I could make direct query widgets. Half the time I spend relinking tables or remembering the Crystal Syntax versus Basic. First world white collar problems!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

I took the day off to help a parent do things. Then the calls and emails began. All I can say is that clinics should remember to be nicer to their billing departments.
I did manage to score Star Fox Zero w/ Star Fox Guard new for $8, so there’s that.

#MudStrongs

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer: Ugh. I've thankfully not really had to work with Crystal Reports, though the software I help develop/maintain does have an option to export to them. I've heard mixed things about it and don't think I'll ever willingly touch CR.

It's been quite a long time since I've done anything in any Basic language. I did have a Visual Basic course in college, but I think it's (VB) slowly on its way out.

Octane

@Knuckles-Fajita I know you like this story.

I read an article today (not available in English), based on the Kotaku rumours of the Google console. The headline was "Google making their own gaming console, wants to compete with Xbox, PlayStation and Wii". Think about that one for a moment

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane But....thats Kotaku....

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

@Knuckles-Fajita No, it wasn't Kotaku saying that. The other media was. They saw Nintendo, and all they could think of was ''Wii'' apparently.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Eesh....

Thats....hm.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Namco

The Nintendo Switch is basically Wii Tri U-ltimate (That's what the Switch was originally called, got it from reliable sources)

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Tyranexx

Octane wrote:

I read an article today (not available in English), based on the Kotaku rumours of the Google console. The headline was "Google making their own gaming console, wants to compete with Xbox, PlayStation and Wii". Think about that one for a moment

Well then, if they're going THAT far back, then I suppose we needn't worry. I mean, it's not like [censored by the Google overlords and customized for your results!]

Joeynator3000

...Can't wait to hear what my Switch sounds like now. owo
Untitled

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

HobbitGamer

@Joeynator3000 Let us know! I upgraded the living room to a 65-class but haven’t hooked up the sound bar from an LG 50- class the switch had been on

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic