Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 17,321 to 17,340 of 96,571

Joeynator3000

You fight shadow thingies with Disney characters. (...and Final Fantasy sometimes, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

ogo79

ogo cam is back by popular demand.
the wait is over.
there will be no discussions about n64, cod, bacon, "roguelikes", streetpasses, camel fondling or any other hipster activities.

its that good.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

the_shpydar

@ogo79
No discussion of camel fondling? But then what will yer mom and me talk about?

Also, CU Podcast theme is the greatest song ever.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

@ogo79
No discussion of camel fondling? But then what will yer mom and me talk about?

Also, CU Podcast theme is the greatest song ever.

you have a point there. i know she has this thing for camels.
and im not talking about the cigarette ones.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Joeynator3000

Saw the teaser for Rocko's Modern Life reboot...really hope this ends up being as great as the original series. I loved that show.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Tasuki

So been spending the last few days in NYC and I must say what a beautiful city it is. I know there are the bad stereotypes that this city has but I find those stereotypes more in my hometown. Yeah the city is fast paced but there seems to be a calm about.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Fooligan

I love Rocko's Modern Life! Thanks for informing us about the teaser trailer for the reboot joeynator. I had a huge grin on my face through the whole thing. It really picked me back up after hearing about Chester Bennington earlier today.

In case you didn't see my other posts around this site I'll say again. On the NA eShop, Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director's Cut is only $12.49 until 7/27.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

the_shpydar

@Tasuki
Glad you're enjoying NYC! It really is an awesome city, especially in how varied the different neighborhoods can be. Grand Central Station is a marvel for sure, very majestic in that old-school style. And it's definitely cool to just kinda walk around the city and absorb the essence of everything. It's hard to describe, but you probably know what i mean.

Of course, being a NYer, the running gag is that all the awesomeness of the city — the world-famous landmarks, the museums, etc etc is all lost on us since it's just commonplace stuff in your backyard. Kind of like i guess how kids of famous actors/musicians just see their parent as mom or dad, and not some fawned-over celebrity.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@the_shpydar Haha funny how you mention that. This employee at the hotel we are staying at that I keep running into said something similar. Told him today that we are going to the Bronx Zoo which he replied I live 20 minutes walking from the Zoo yet I haven't been there in 15 years. Haha But I know what you mean man its I am the sam way when it comes to say San Francisco.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Went to the Bronx Zoo today took the wrong subway train back and ended up going to Brooklyn. Other then that it was a great experience and one of the best Zoos I have ever been too.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

the_shpydar

@Tasuki

Bronx Zoo is awesome. But yeah, i don't think i've been there since i was a kid, much like many of the other NY attractions. Central Park is probably one of the rare NY sites that i've actually been to anytime recently (assuming you don't count things like Penn Station or MSG). Granted, the last time i was at the Park a few months back was only because i had a work-related appointment at a doctor's office that was directly across the street.

Hope you didn't have too much trouble with the subway. It's a very bad time for mass transit in and into the city this summer (though more with the trains to/from the city, but the subways have been having issues as well); the summer's been dubbed locally as the "summer of hell" because of tremendous service delays, construction, renovation, and just overall incompetence of the MTA.

Between all that and the horrible heat & humidity we've had here the past week or so, you picked a great time to come to the city!

The Shpydarloggery

Tasuki

@the_shpydar Yeah the heat isn't too bad for me honestly the week before I came out to NY we had the same temperatures in Cali, granted it's a dry heat there as.opposed to the humidity here but 90+ is all the same to me.

As for the subway that makes sense as it seems alot of people are confused and not sure, heck today alone I was asked by several people how to get to a place which I had to tell them I don't live here which then they found surprising. Still though it's been an interesting experience that I wouldn't trade. I will say though even for its problems it's amazing how everything is connected by trains alone. I am staying out in Terrytown and can get to NYC quite easily without a car and pretty cheap too. I cant do that at home.

My Backlog

ogo79

@Tasuki
hey get me a souvenir.
i dont want some crappy gift.
maybe a new leather couch or something.
dont be a jerk.

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

also
so much for exclusive
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

Tasuki

And so my trip to NYC ends today, we'll actually tomorrow my flight leaves but, I am just chillin in the hotel today and packing up.

Yesterday I ended up going to the Titanic Memorial which was nice since I am a huge Titanic nerd (the history and ship, not the movie). After that I tried a drink from a place in Chinatown called Vivi called bubble tea which was interesting needless to say. After that I went to Katz Deli which was just amazing (and no I didn't have what she had 100 points if you get that refrence). For as busy as a place Katz was, service was really fast and good. Then once I was done at Katz, I went to probably the most humbling part of my trip the WTC and 911 Memorial Site. It was quite stuning to turn a corner of a street to see the Freedom Tower. The pools were just breath taking and of course the museum with artifacts from that event was just amazing.

In all I enjoyed my time here and honestly don't want to leave, I am hoping to one day return. It really is a great city and is a place that everyone should visit at least once in their life.

My Backlog

Luna_110

@Tasuki
Hope you enjoyed your trip! I loved the city when I travelled there, the only thing I didn't like was the sudden rain with so much humidity I had in April, but that's another story.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Tasuki

@Luna_110 Yeah, I had to deal with 90+ temperatures this week, the humidity didn't bother me to much just the 90+ temperatures. It wouldn't have been so bad if the week before I didn't have to deal with those type of temperatures at home.

My Backlog

Tyranexx

The 90+ temps this past week were pretty widespread over the US. There were multiple heat warnings where I live because the heat index was between 100-110 degrees Fahrenheit on some days. My family and I went on a mini-vacation a few hours away, and temps weren't much better there.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Joeynator3000

I keep dreaming about my anime girl love...lol
It's annoying. xD

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic