Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 11,961 to 11,980 of 96,243

TylerTheCreator

Artwark wrote:

@Captain_Toad: Yeah......of course. Do like Nintendo which is going to cost a lot and has to be a lot about convincing people to work in my so called company. Yeah, like that's going to happen and that my company would somehow make games like how Nintendo does. And where's the motivation in that? none. If Nintendo's gone, the whole point of games is gone because they are suppose to be fun and 99% of the time Nintendo makes games are pure fun unlike all these third party games that I play most of the time.

@TylerTheCreator: Even if I learn Japanese, my handwriting is so terrible that I can't improve on it no matter how hard I try I need huge cash to start living there. Not only that, but since I'm a vegetarian and while I do know that Japan does have vegetarian food and all, in most cases, it may not be that possible. And also, if you have seen this right here. http://www.bizjapanese.com/blog/7-so-you-wanna-work-for-ninte... Also, it shouldn't be extremely hard to the point that its very likely that the employer will hardly get anyone. And Nintendo right now is doing great with Retro Studios and second party devs like next level games.

Look, I'm not being lazy here. Its a fact. I do know some japanese words like Satoru which means to understand. Its just near impossible for me to do it all myself right now. I want to do it so that its possible to do like going to either Singapore or USA and do something like make indie games and what not. Heck, I've made some games on my own but with the help of a programmer. Already I'm discouraged to live in Japan so what's the point. I can try to learn the language though as its interesting to say the least.

頑張って。

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

RR529

@Artwark,

1. Again, your parents are just looking out for you. Saving your money will better help you do what you want in life later on, whereas splurging your entire paycheck on video games each week/month won't. No one simply walks into a large company like Nintendo and gets a job because they can code games and have a passion. In order for them to notice you, you'll either need to start work at a lower level game company or start your own, and hope your efforts are good enough to be recognized by a larger company. In order to start your own company (even as an indie) you'll need to get a loan from a bank in order to have the funds necessary to purchase all the game making equipment you'll need. This is where saving your money comes in. The bank sees that you have a history of making wise choices of when and where you spend money, and they can determine that you'll be someone who can properly manage your company finances, which is good for them. Saving money also has other perks, such as having the money to pay for treatment if you suddenly get ill or injured. After all, you can't develop games well with a broken arm, right?

2. As others have said, Nintendo will be fine. They've been around for over 100 years. Believe me, Miyamoto & Takeda will help the board pick someone who they think will do a good job carrying on Iwata's legacy.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

ArabPikachu

Today's my 23rd birthday.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/amunity/go/shield/privateProfile

Nintendo Network ID: Fikachu

Aviator

Artwark wrote:

Already I'm discouraged to live in Japan so what's the point. I can try to learn the language though as its interesting to say the least.

Otaku, is that you?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

veeflames

@TwilightAngel: it took a dark turn long ago. Seriously.
@Artwark Honestly, I don't even know what to say to you other than chill. Relax. There are worse problems than naggling parents. Also, Nintendo will be just fine. I don't want to start typing in long stuff to explain this, but I wouldn't worry.
So... just relax. Don't go overboard with worry, it's not doing you any good.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

RR529

I had an odd dream last night where my bro & I took a trip to North Korea of all places.

The hotel room was surprisingly nice (part of the city put up as a front to hide the real living conditions of the populace from westerners).

One of the locations they took us to see was an exact replica of the street one of my aunts lives on. However, we weren't allowed to take photos here, because in the distance you could see the dilapidated state of the real city. Suddenly Kim Jong Un himself showed up, and we were to constantly bow until he left. He commended us for how commited we were to obeying the custom, but decided it was still best to kill me anyhow (for some reason he wasn't going to kill my bro, just me).

Then suddenly there was Jimmy Fallon on TV, showing how there was an escaped group of American prisoners in North Korea who met up with an Olympic athlete back in that hotel, and she used her political pull to get them back stateside, including myself.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

TylerTheCreator

@Artwark: You say this stuff a lot but we can't do anything about it. Are you just trying to get attention?

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

LaserdiscGal

@artwark stop the conversation now, nobody here can help you, and your getting into rule breaking territory.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

MsJubilee

Anyone watching Twitch plays Dark Souls right now? Oh god it's hilarious! They can't even get past a single door!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Joeynator3000

ekreig wrote:

Megumi wrote:

...No idea what happened...but they brought back my favorite cereal. Yayz!

Which one is that? I noticed they recently brought French Toast Crunch back. Hopefully Oreo O's will be next!

@ArabPikachu: Hope it's a good one!

Waffle Crisp, couldn't find it for a long time, then I ran into it again and it's now called Waffle Crunch.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

ArabPikachu

For my 23rd birthday, I did the following things in order:

1. Have lunch at Silver Diner with mom

2. Walking in Smithsonian Museum with my brother

3. Eat at Gordon Biersch

4. Go to Sugarshack for donuts

5. Play at Chuck E Cheeses

Edited on by ArabPikachu

http://www.capcom-unity.com/amunity/go/shield/privateProfile

Nintendo Network ID: Fikachu

Spoony_Tech

ArabPikachu wrote:

For my 23rd birthday, I did the following things in order:

5. Play at Chuck E Cheeses

And here I thought you said you were 23.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

mystman12

Chuck E. Cheese usually has a few good arcade games, and if you find one with a good condition pinball machine in it you've hit a jackpot! I'm 17 and I know of a few CECs I'd like to check out if I were nearby.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Socar

Managed to get myself into control...... apologies for earlier posts. I couldn't bear the fact that I can't get the Wii U even with my own cash in hand and the reason I want the Wii U right now is not only because of the same mistake that I did for the Wii where i bought it just after Nintendo announced the Wii U or the fact that Its got the games that I want, but to also honor Satoru Iwata. And I'm all the more paranoid over Nintendo's future.

This sudden incident reminded me about how I was earlier in another forum site where I got banned..... And after the risk Chris Pranger took, I don't feel like doing that same thing that happened to me a long time ago again.

I guess time will tell when I can finally get my hands on it. Till then, I'm enjoying the 3DS for what it is. Job is still doing fine for me.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

HankLangley

Cant stop listneing to good ol' 80s. right now im listneing to "take on me"

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

Spoony_Tech

@Doge: That's still one awesome video.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

I think I'm getting close to finishing Bayonetta 2, what game should I record next? Was thinking of Pikmin 3.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Socar

So get this......

Today, I was talking to my bro about my current status about the fact that I'm not able to get what I want and he makes a rant that I don't care about anything else other than getting what I want because I'm greedy.....when in reality, I wait for the opportunity to get it. Like if a game is out right now, unlike any lucky guys who get it on first day, I like wait for about a month or two and then decide to get it. Heck I'm even so damm patient that I can even wait for years to get it. And yet my entire family thinks I'm greedy even when I talk to them.

So I ranted the fact that even if I start living on my own, I would be spending one third of my expenses and what not and to which he says that's how the world works. Game designers don't get paid very well so if all I do is just to spend cash on average living, then that isn't what life's suppose to be at all. I might as well give up my job and end up being a beggar if I'm not able to get what I want. Honestly, if I wasn't able to play DS games, I highly doubt that I would get this job that I got as of now nor would I be able to impress the staff. I don't understand the issue that when Game designers like Masahiro Sakurai can afford stuff like PS3 and what not, why can't I as well?

But the thing that made me angry was how he compares me to a greedy consumer who are responsible for the suicide of many factory workers. That means like if we want physical copies of games, then we have to now concern ourselves about the safeness
of the factory workers who make the physical copies and when I say that's the fate of their lives, he like says its wrong and blames it on the consumers. Now what guilt should I have that when I want something in life, I should be aware of the consequences of the others well being?

At this point, I'm now getting more frustrated. I just can't understand how someone who rants in youtube gets a lot of money to buy what he wants and yet when a game designer gets average fee, he can't get what he wants.....

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic