Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 11,941 to 11,960 of 96,514

DefHalan

So I finally caught up on the Pokemon National Championships (The Masters TCG Finals was amazing) and have ran out of things to watch. Anyone have suggestions?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

RR529

I know ya'll are probably fed up with my dreams by now, but this one is pretty anime centric, and only my bro (who isn't home at the moment) knows I watch anime, so please humor me.

To get to it, I had a dream where I saw Toonami was going to be airing a brand new InuYasha series titled "InuYasha: the Race for Shangri Lama" (I assume a mix of Shangri-la & Dahli Lama for whatever reason). It was to be a completely new adventure, taking place after the events of the manga. The announcement hit me out of left field, because I hadn't heard about it anywhere online, and InuYasha is my favorite anime of all time. Needless to say, I was disappointed upon waking up.

I know this was part of a larger dream, but I don't remember even the slightest bit of what the dream as a whole was about (I just know the announcement came out of nowhere in the dream, and I was doing something completely unrelated to TV when I overheard the commercial).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Socar

Ok this is something that is bugging me a bit.......

How is it Satoru Iwata's fault that the 3DS and the Wii U weren't doing as well as they are suppose to? I can't believe the the 3DS isn't reaching Nintendo's expectations btw.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

mystman12

So I finally bought my own Wii U... For $150!

I was yardsaling with my Mom on Saturday, and we walked into this one where all we saw were giant stuffed animals, (So basically we weren't expecting anything good) when my Mom said something along the lines of "Is that a Wii thing over there?" Sure enough, the guy was selling a 32GB Wii U and it was marked for $150! I asked the guy about it, and he told me he only played it once, then opened the box to make sure everything was there, including Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U thrown in to boot! Bought it, brought it home, turned it on, works perfectly!

Moral of the story, if you don't already go yardsaling on weekends, you need to start! I don't find much, but occasionally I find incredible deals!

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@mystman12: Congrats! Getting my system a year after launch lead to some great prices on games I wanted.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Socar

I still have lots of games that I want to get for GBA to this day. The 3DS right now only has four games that I want. Now I know that Nintendo is still making games for the 3DS but while that's in mind, I feel as though the 3DS library in terms of quantity is a bit underwhelming compared to DS even. That's not to say that the quality of games are bad mind you because I love the hell out of Awakening and I'm certainly gonna get Fates both versions if I must. But I'm talking about quantity as in how on earth we haven't gotten a brand new Wario game yet or heck what about Advance Wars even? Also, that Rhythm heaven game for 3ds looks fun so what about that?

Socar

I've waited for a year to get Azran Legacy and I'm still not able to get it because daddy here orders me to get it next month because I have to save every penny possible.

I wonder if I'll ever get a Wii U as long as I'm forced to be stuck with my parents.

RR529

There was a meteor shower that was viewable from my city tonight.

I was a bit worried that I wouldn't get to see anything because of the light pollution, but I saw a few (a couple of real bright ones too), which was cool.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Socar

I took a long look at myself and wondered if its worth living till the end.....I'm not able to buy what I want now because of parents here forcing me to save cash in case of emergencies. What's the point of saving when the salary I get isn't enough for me to start living on my own?

Wish I died. Satoru Iwata's no more, Nintendo is now doomed and I guess rants were right all along that the term Nintendoooomed is true. They are gonna go bankrupt, Sony or Microsoft will own their IP and my dreams of making games for Nintendo are gone.
I can't vision a great CEO like Hiroshi Yamauchi or Satoru Iwata.....its just certainly impossible to find someone who can enrich that same passion these legends had. I might as well die. Ghee, I wonder how I can get cancer.

The fact that I can't get what I want and the fact that I barely get any level of respect around here in the forums just proves that Its not worth for me to not die. Yeah, I'm a coward but I rather die as a coward rather than dying without a legacy to follow.

RR529

@Artwark,

1. Death is NEVER the answer man. Leave those thoughts behind and never pick them up ever again. While your parents are tough on you, it's just because they love you. Just think how sad your family & friends would be if something were to happen to you (if you don't think you have friends, you're wrong. I'm sure many of us here on NL would miss you greatly, including myself).

2. I know things seem tough, but that's just how the real world is. Everyone has to start somewhere, and only through hard work will you get where you want in life (heck, even Walt Disney himself started out from a poor family delivering newspapers by foot in blistering cold temperatures).

3. Don't worry about Nintendo. I'm sure they'll pick someone who will do Iwata's legacy justice. They haven't been around for over 100 years because they don't know how to survive, right?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

HankLangley

what are african goggles

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

Veloster

Well, after having completed my favourite game (OoT) another 100 times - I thought to myself "I really should try Majoras Mask."
I had tried to play MM twice before, but both copies kept going all juddery and freezing - so I got it for the 3DS.

All I can say is: this game easily matches the hype. There were moments where I actually almost swayed from OoT as my fav.
There are so many things about this game that make it great, my personal highlights are:

• The Songs (specifically the Song of Healing)
  • The transformations (The speed of Goron link is invaluable and the Fierce mask is just so O.P it's hilarious)
  • Ikana Canyon, the theme music, the Garos, Keeta, etc The whole story of this place was awesome.

All in all, I would easily give this 9.5/10. The .5 is only lost because of one little nitpick; which is, I get so annoyed about having to lose all my 'ammo' everytime I reverse time.

Edited on by Veloster

The greatest scene in T.V history

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0036-0357

Joeynator3000

...No idea what happened...but they brought back my favorite cereal. Yayz!

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Socar

@RR529: The problem here is that I do hard work and I'm not able to buy what I want with the cash that I respectfully earn. Cause these so called "parents" here order me to save cash and I can't keep buying stuff every month. Being an adult sucks because you're giving yourself a much bigger task and you have more limits in them.

If Nintendo's gone, I'm gone simple as that. My aspiration of me wanting to become a game designer is simply because of Nintendo and nothing else. Knowing a company can never last forever, there's bound to be layoffs with the direction Nintendo is facing right now. Satoru Iwata is no more there to cut his salary by 50% to avoid layoffs. You think the next CEO would be that much passionate as Iwata-san? No. You think he would be like Yamauchi-san who lead the company to huge profit? No.

What's the point? Next thing you'll say is that I'm crying like a baby and complaining too much here. Well you would be right if I was jobless but I'm not anymore no am I?

Even then, say I do realize that I can't fulfill my dream of making a Nintendo exclusive game. Well then I would like to participate in Nintendo life to talk about Nintendo stuff like you right? Nope. Can't because of the fact that I'm not qualified for it and the fact that I can't at the moment go all the way to UK or US to apply there. So a double slam in the face. Want to do voice acting? Can't do that here because my hometown doesn't have voice acting.

I guess the best way to escape from all of the horrible things around is to die. When death comes, that is the only time people respect you because you died. Hell, that's what happened to Satoru Iwata right? Nobody respected this man when he was around at the time and its only after he died that people bowed in respect.

So with that point, yeah. What's the motivation of me to move on? If my arms are ripped out, there wouldn't be the point of me living now would it? If I didn't have arms, I wouldn't be able to do basic things let alone gaming.

Spoony_Tech

@Artwark: You need not worry about Nintendo. The mobile market will generate way more money then their console market. If anything you can become an indie and develops games solely for Nintendo if you like. There are options but being employed by Nintendo as a game designer happens to only the very best. Not saying it won't ever happen for you but Nintendo isn't going anywhere any time soon!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TylerTheCreator

@Artwark: So you have no motivation to go on because Iwata died? Satoru Iwata was CEO of Nintendo from 2002 till 2015. Before 2002, Nintendo still did many amazing things. So what are you worried about? How does Iwata's death stop you from working with Nintendo at all? Nintendo still exists.

And you keep saying that you want to "make games." What do you mean "make games?" There is a whole development team that works on different parts of the game. If you want to help make games for Nintendo, you're going to have to learn Japanese. Have you gotten started on that? You're worried about you not being able to work at Nintendo, yet you haven't even put your foot through the door. You should be more worried about that. Don't kill yourself over nothing.

No offense. I'm just trying to speak the truth. I'm not flaming you or anything like that.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

MsJubilee

Came into thread saying to myself "Wow! They must be having a wonderful discussion with all these comments!" Then i read them and i was like "Oh god"

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Captain_Toad

@Artwark: Heh, even if Nintendo were to somehow die. Don't let that bum you out. In fact, if you can, carry it's legacy or something. You still got ways to go with your life. Take things one step at a time.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Socar

@Captain_Toad: Yeah......of course. Do like Nintendo which is going to cost a lot and has to be a lot about convincing people to work in my so called company. Yeah, like that's going to happen and that my company would somehow make games like how Nintendo does. And where's the motivation in that? none. If Nintendo's gone, the whole point of games is gone because they are suppose to be fun and 99% of the time Nintendo makes games are pure fun unlike all these third party games that I play most of the time.

@TylerTheCreator: Even if I learn Japanese, my handwriting is so terrible that I can't improve on it no matter how hard I try I need huge cash to start living there. Not only that, but since I'm a vegetarian and while I do know that Japan does have vegetarian food and all, in most cases, it may not be that possible. And also, if you have seen this right here. http://www.bizjapanese.com/blog/7-so-you-wanna-work-for-ninte... Also, it shouldn't be extremely hard to the point that its very likely that the employer will hardly get anyone. And Nintendo right now is doing great with Retro Studios and second party devs like next level games.

Look, I'm not being lazy here. Its a fact. I do know some japanese words like Satoru which means to understand. Its just near impossible for me to do it all myself right now. I want to do it so that its possible to do like going to either Singapore or USA and do something like make indie games and what not. Heck, I've made some games on my own but with the help of a programmer. Already I'm discouraged to live in Japan so what's the point. I can try to learn the language though as its interesting to say the least.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic