Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Artists Thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 2,540

CanisWolfred

I was trying to get both of you at the same time so maybe you could get a discussion going, seeing as C-nite has questions, but didn't mention any specifics.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KarrotMan

I've worked with Vector graphics via Illustrator, mostly use them now for my linearts and some quick plate works. Personally I think they work great for Poster and Icon designs, but I'd stick with Photoshop's brush tool for my coloring.

@CaptainSquid digging the lineart for Heracross, but I think you could work on the Toning of the segments, particularly the head. The background could also be improved, but I'm not a fan of those scribbles. Maybe you could make the outer parts distort or mesh with the white spot then it would look better. Other tan that, I'd say your work is pretty good.

Since the holiday is coming and finals will be over, I'll have more time to work on my skills. I want to do a comic series but I need some feedback on how to start. I'm afraid this will be a fanfic but I have a script ready and want to know if a 22-page B&W comic/manga style series is feasible for one person. I've made a concept sketch some weeks ago to give you an idea what I intend to do:
Sketch

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Drawdler

I finished Sunburn today, could be better, could be worse. Focused more on being experimental with him than anything else to be honest. I'm bad at drawing brooding figures, and waving fire, and using different line sizes, so tried all those out on him. I think parts of it turned out nicely and others not so much, and it came together as an all around OK drawing. It's not really terrible but nothing great either. I had a ton of fun trying different stuff around with it though. I should have worked more on the proportions, however. They aren't really "grand" enough- mainly on the wings... Larger wings would have worked miracles for this picture, I think I'll come back and make them larger later. I think the left wing is OK but the right wing is way too tiny(though it's kind of funny, it'd be too small for him to fly with them even in fiction, and he never uses flight in the games...).
Untitled

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

KarrotMan

Okay, now that Finals are over I can do some personal work. One is a gift art for a secret Santa program on a site I go to and one is a small part of an animation Project proposal, which took a big chunk of my time. Happy Holidays Untitled

Untitled
Larger Image file here

Untitled

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

DarkNinja9

anyone here does drawings on art academy for the wii u and uploads the pics on devianart? i has some questions

oh yeah btw you can check my drawings on miiverse since this is a drawing thread and what not

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

HappyHappyist

Untitled
blue, blue.

Edited on by HappyHappyist

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

sugarpixel

I was in an artistic mood today, so... I drew this:
Untitled
Three of my favorite characters all together!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

NinChocolate

Happy New Year! 2014 is the year of the horse! Any artists should put their best horse pic forward!

NinChocolate

CanisWolfred

TwoTheNines wrote:

Happy New Year! 2014 is the year of the horse! Any artists should put their best horse pic forward!

Do Ponies count? Because if so, I'm sure a lot of artists will be covered on that front.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

sugarpixel

CanisWolfred wrote:

TwoTheNines wrote:

Do Ponies count? Because if so, I'm sure a lot of artists will be covered on that front.

Like meeeeee.....

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

NinChocolate

CanisWolfred wrote:

TwoTheNines wrote:

Uh well, yes there seems to be a convenience there lol. But there's much more to the subject of horse art than MLP so it'd be cool to see something away from the cartoon. If I knew how to post pictures within threads I might have a piece or two. Horses are just beautiful!

Edit: if anything peoples general horse drawing skills should be up because of MLP:P

Edited on by NinChocolate

NinChocolate

sugarpixel

TwoTheNines wrote:

if anything peoples general horse drawing skills should be up because of MLP:P

I dunno; I'm generally bad at drawing animals, but I was able to draw MLP characters just fine somehow... but horses are one thing that I have never been able to draw...

Drawdler

I have two WIPs today! It's Zoo Lou and Scorp from Skylanders.
Zoo Lou seriously needs a lot of work, he was the one I did first so I wasn't entirely sure on how to use the brush. But I drew Scorp afterwards when I had more focus and I think I'm in love with Gesinski Ink now. It's so much fun to use and I think it looks really nice.
I made these for a blog I'm working on. I know there are lots of proportion errors on 'em but there are 80 Skylanders and counting and I'm going to draw art for each version of each of them so I decided to not fuss too much over it, and try giving them a bit more of a cartoony look. I don't know what I think of the actual results.

Also, I'm really proud of the colouring... I'm usually not too good at colouring, but I think I pretty much nailed it this time! Just check out Scorp's claw.
Untitled
Untitled

... I also had a WIP of another RBY-styled 'lander, Fire Kraken, though it's basically done so I might as well just post it when I finish doing it.

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

CanisWolfred

^Damn, you just whipped that up?! That's really good!

So...I finally remembered what the big hang-up with my DeviantArt was: I still need a Profile Picture and Avatar! I've been trying to come up with something for a very long time, and by now my mind seems to have latched onto the idea of having Canis draw in an art studio...but that sounds both pretentious and more than a little daunting. At the very least, I don't think I should do that as my first profile pic...but my head won't let me think of anything else...

Does anybody have any ideas? Maybe some suggestions will get my head back on track...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NinChocolate

^it is indeed one of the most impressive pieces ive ever seen shared here. Great work

NinChocolate

NinChocolate

@CanisWolfred what about a silhouette logo of your character? Black on an eye catching colored background..

NinChocolate

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic