Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Artists Thread

Posts 321 to 340 of 2,535

sugarpixel

@TwoTheNines thank you too!

...I need to get out in the deviantART community and raise interest in my work... there's been hardly any activity on my artworks (each one maybe gets added to a collection or a couple of favorites and maybe a comment), but this is probably because I'm not out there spreading my name! ...I'm just sitting here in my own little corner...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

R_Champ

Gioku wrote:

...I need to get out in the deviantART community and raise interest in my work... there's been hardly any activity on my artworks (each one maybe gets added to a collection or a couple of favorites and maybe a comment), but this is probably because I'm not out there spreading my name! ...I'm just sitting here in my own little corner...

One way might be to show a lot of interest in other people's work. Most of the people on Miiverse that get the most yeahs also seem to give the most out. Is it ego petting? Sure, but heck even Edgar Allen Poe did it and it got his name out there for sure. What you draw can also draw a crowd. I drew a decent picture (about as good as anything I can draw) of that internet Meme where He-Man sings that Chere song and got WAY more yeahs than I usually get. DBZ pictures seem to draw a ridiculous amount of yeahs. I could just write "It's over nine thousand" in a text box and get 10-20 yeahs easy.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

mamp

Untitled
Drew this for a friend for Christmas.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

CanisWolfred

Gioku wrote:

Did you try joining clubs?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KarrotMan

I need some feedback and tips on this: I've always wanted to do an action heavy comic (not Manga) series. Right now I've got 5 pages of the preview sketched with only one page inked and "colored". I plan to upload them to the community once I've got all 5 finished but I want to know what needs improvement if the first page is a representation for this series.
Untitled

@Gioku It would be a travesty for your Kirby work to get little to no attention whatsoever. As you said, joining a community will grant your works more attention.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

sugarpixel

WHOA HOLY CRAP!

My Dedede Resort drawing got added to a couple of groups, and... it just absolutely exploded with people adding it to their favorites!
yay!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Happy_Mask

@Karotkake I'm digging the style, you're really making the characters pop, which is good.
also, I guess you could call that a *proto*type

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

KarrotMan

@CanisWolfred Would it be better if I added thin black frames within the white borders or should I just color the borders black entirely?

Anyhow, I made another strip after completing Dual Destinies, and don't worry, no spoilers:
Untitled

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

CanisWolfred

@Karakato - A Black Line like you got in that other strip, about as thick, if not a little thinner, would probably be better. I think for that strip, the fact that you don't have any color and chose to make the sky White as well was what caused me some trouble there.

Or you could have thin Black lines around the boxes, like this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mMpCue8x6vg/Tem8KmSQaSI/AAAAAAAAAVA...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Turnip

@Karakato -You should use varied textures to make it look less bland; try using some screentones.

Cringing is really fun.

KarrotMan

@CanisWolfred Haha yeah, that link you showed me was what I had in mind for my first option. Will have to revise some scenes though.

@AtaraxiaX I have a question about screentones. Do you apply it with simple brush strokes or do you have to select a certain area? Still don't have a grasp at proper shading atm. Also, I may want to try adding speed lines to add more emphasis to some actions. Any thoughts on how to do this on Illustrator/Photoshop?

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

Drawdler

@Karakato I think a bit more dynamic shading might make it a bit more interesting too(I think it's fine on the others, but mainly on the second panel- it looks wierd how debri and the people flying out of it are shaded really dark and the castle isn't). I think that's the only big suggestion I have.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

sugarpixel

I'm on a Rosalina drawing kick; expect to see more Rosalina artwork from me soon!
Untitled
This was just a quick one; spent 37 minutes on it! ...I'm happy to have found something new to draw in this style; I really love this art style!

CanisWolfred

TwoTheNines wrote:

@CanisWolfred what about a silhouette logo of your character? Black on an eye catching colored background..

Thanks, but I think that might be a bit boring. Certainly down to my skill level for sure, but for my Profile pic, I feel I should actually try something a little harder. But at least you greased the wheels, and my brain's running again.

So far I have 4 options:

A) Takeo Kyoufuu, the Robot Ninja Cat, leaning against an autum tree, while the wind blows
B) A Winter-y Themed Picture, possibly to be replaced in the Spring
C) Two of my characters watching a monster and a robot fight on TV, with the perspective being behind the couch and the focus being on the TV screen
D) Try to come up with something else?

"A" Would be the hardest, since I'd have to include clothing/wind effects. "B" would be the easiest to color since I'd probably involve a lot of snow. "C" Might reflect my interests more, but would involve a lot of shading. I'll probably draw all 3 at some point, though. I just need to figure out what to do now, unless someone has any other suggestions?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KarrotMan

Thanks for the feedback guys, I guess I have a lot to learn for polishing my scenes. Might have to put that project aside so I can brush up my skills and still continue on doing what I enjoy. Anyway, did some Game Center CX fanart just to show my little for that game series that will never again cross borders.
Untitled
Link

@CanisWolfred While option C sounds great, it would be a hard task for someone who's starting out since the concept is a bit complicated. Go for Option A which, while not as involved, is simpler to draw and personally, robo ninja cats resting in serenity are Ace.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic