Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 361 to 380 of 6,564

GC-161

Ravage wrote:

Has anyone seen Shutter Island yet? It looks awesome, I just haven't gone to see it yet...

It's a bit slow. Plays like a long Twilight Zone episode. It has it's moments.

GC-161

Ravage

Well, it has been a while since the last time I saw the Twilight Zone

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Wildvine53

I just watched The Princess and The Frog in HD, boy does it look and sound good. If you still haven't seen it, you definitely should.

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

I'm hesitant to see Kick-Ass. It embodies everything I dislike about modern-day comics. But, because it's a superhero movie, I'll probably end up seeing it anyway. In fact, it's that "hook" that baited me to see The Incredibles and Watchmen. And although I didn't particularly like either of those films, I couldn't help but enjoy myself to some extent. I'm dyin' for a good superhero movie!

Edited on by

Chrono_Cross

Toki wrote:

I'm hesitant to see Kick-Ass.

I don't blame you. It looks like a rip-off off many, many movies that are out there and it really doesn't look funny or even worth a watch. That's just me though.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Kid_A

Everbody needs to see How to Train Your Dragon. It's a huge step forward for Dreamworks (who have been making generally mediocre movies since Shrek 2) and in some ways animation in general. The 3D is incredible, and it has a wonderful emphasis on story and characters rather than pop-culture in jokes.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Kid_A wrote:

Everbody needs to see How to Train Your Dragon. It's a huge step forward for Dreamworks (who have been making generally mediocre movies since Shrek 2) and in some ways animation in general. The 3D is incredible, and it has a wonderful emphasis on story and characters rather than pop-culture in jokes.

Uck, I could never sit through that! I don't like CGI movies. In fact, the only one I'm even considering seeing is Tangled.

Edited on by

kevohki

"Kick-Ass", "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World", and "Toy Story 3" are probably all I'm seeing this year. I can pass on "Iron Man 2" and what looks to be a terrible "Prince of Persia" movie.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

StarBoy91

Kid_A wrote:

Everbody needs to see How to Train Your Dragon.

I should go watch it. Looks interesting.

To each their own

Kid_A

Toki wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Uck, I could never sit through that! I don't like CGI movies. In fact, the only one I'm even considering seeing is Tangled.

You're missing out. Some of the best movies of the past decade have been computer animated (The Incredibles, Wall-E, Up). Dreamworks I typically hate, but How to Train Your Dragon was a surprisingly touching movie. I will say though, Tangled looks very interesting.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

StarBoy91

@Kid - don't forget Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. At least, I liked that movie.

To each their own

StarBoy91

I never saw The Notebook. I heard it was based on a novel and that it was sad.

To each their own

irken004

@Swiket U made me realize just how much I hate Dreamworks animated films.

I'd throw up right now if I wasn't a Decepticon.

grenworthshero

irken004 wrote:

@Swiket U made me realize just how much I hate Dreamworks animated films.

I'd throw up right now if I wasn't a Decepticon.

Antz and Shark Tale were the only two I didn't think were good. All the others I liked alright.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

StarBoy91

Bee Movie was funny, but I only saw it when it was in theatres.

To each their own

Wildvine53

How to Train Your Dragon surprised me, I knew it would be good but I wasn't expecting it to be amazing! Monsters Vs Aliens is still my favorite Dreamworks movie though

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

SuperMarioFan96

@Swiket That Was absolutely hilarious. Although I do like Dreamworks movies.... some of them.... or at least I did when I first saw them.... when I was little......

I know it was in theaters a while ago, but I just saw Up for the first time, and it was spectacular. I really need to see more Pixar movies, I've only seen the first 2 Toy Storys, Finding Nemo, Cars, and now Up. And I don't even remember either Toy Story movie because I was really young when I saw them. My favorite Pixar movie is Finding Nemo, I recently watched it after not watching it since I was pretty young, and it was even better than I remember.

Edited on by SuperMarioFan96

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

The only Pixar movie I've ever enjoyed is the first Toy Story. It was really good.

Edited on by

StarBoy91

I can't wait to watch Toy Story 3!!!!

To each their own

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic