Forums

Topic: Lets Get Back To 'The Real'

Posts 21 to 31 of 31

SuperPeach

I sorta agree. I hate how many/most movies today are about extreme about of explosions for absolutely no reason and showing off how real you can make a place that doesn't really exsist look. They lose a lot of plot in the meantime too. But I have to say I do like that movie have gotten better compared to earlier. I just wish there was more balance instead of all "in your face".
Also I loving loling at really old sci-fi movies because of the lack of realistic special effects. xD

Edited on by SuperPeach

SuperPeach

TeeJay

RoboPeachy wrote:

Also I loving loling at really old sci-fi movies because of the lack of realistic special effects. xD

Heh. I like looking up old commercials on Youtube and laughing at how they're excited for old things. XD

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

RoyalBlur

RoboPeachy wrote:

I sorta agree. I hate how many/most movies today are about extreme about of explosions for absolutely no reason and showing off how real you can make a place that doesn't really exsist look. They lose a lot of plot in the meantime too. But I have to say I do like that movie have gotten better compared to earlier. I just wish there was more balance instead of all "in your face".

Yes, movies like 'I Am Number Four' and 'Knight and Day' make me get all bent out of shape and want to beat up the director for being so STUPID!

Now, in the case of a movie like the upcoming 'The Three Musketeers' I've got to propose that it might actually be a good movie or at lest I can hope!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Dizzy_Boy

sky blue is one of my favourite animated movies that mixes cgi, minatures and cell animation. i think this maybe a good example.

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

SpentAllMyTokens

The Dark Crystal is your example of a good movie? I'm sorry, I loved Jim Hensen, but the Dark Crystal can only be considered good in a "so bad it's good" kind of way.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

James

So you prefer fantasy movies to action movies. I think fantasy movies are still made, though, just gotta search them out.

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

retired_account

I... Sort of get what you're saying.

Chris Nolan is my favorite director right now. His movies are deep, masterfully directed, and while he uses CG I hardly ever notice it, if at all (which is exactly the way it should be done). It's apparent that he puts an amazing amount of effort and love into his films, which is something you don't see much of anymore.

So if what you mean is that there're too many Michael Bay's and not enough Chris Nolan's, then yeah, I agree.

Also, old movies ftw.
/me hugs his Humphrey Bogart DVD collection.

retired_account

RoyalBlur

pixelman wrote:

I... Sort of get what you're saying.

Chris Nolan is my favorite director right now. His movies are deep, masterfully directed, and while he uses CG I hardly ever notice it, if at all (which is exactly the way it should be done). It's apparent that he puts an amazing amount of effort and love into his films, which is something you don't see much of anymore.

So if what you mean is that there're too many Michael Bay's and not enough Chris Nolan's, then yeah, I agree.

Also, old movies ftw.
/me hugs his Humphrey Bogart DVD collection.

I've agree that Christopher Nolan uses CGI animation in a very creative and comfortable way unlike the way it was used in the recent failure 'Mars Needs Moms'. I also agree with that old movies totally own the world!

@James Newton, It's not that a dislike action movies. I enjoy movies like National Treasure and the classic Indiana Jones movies but yes, I prefer fantasy and I also enjoy mash-ups between action and fantasy.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

SMEXIZELDAMAN

I don't get what yo usayin son. Fantasy movies are awesomer than other ones but maybe the title of the thread should be "Let's get back to the fake" Confusing thread is more confusing than your face which is pretty darn confoosing

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.