Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 621 to 640 of 3,148

RR529

The Hanzo storyline in Senran Kagura Burst (which I'm counting since it was it's own release in Japan, as far as I'm aware, lol).

Repetitiveness can set in (especially with the extra missions), but it's generally good fun, especially in short bursts (2-3 missions in a play session), and I liked how they introduced around 3 new environments each chapter to keep things fresh. I did like the suprisingly dense focus on narrative (which made the storyless extra missions that bit more meh), in which they really fleshed out each character. Lots of content too, which can't be denied. I still have to do the extra missions in chapter 5 (and the last 3 Chapters in Frantic), but I have most things done, including the story.

I'm getting DQVIII soon, so I'll hold off on the Hebijo storyline until I'm done with that.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

ianl579

Just beat Super Mario Land 2 over the weekend. Fun, short game.

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Ralizah

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Not 100%, of course. I completed around 60 shrines, who knows how many Korok seed puzzles, and all of the story stuff so that i could see the best ending.

I won't pretend it was a perfect game, but playing through it was one of the funnest and most fulfilling experiences I've ever had with any sort of entertainment product. I really feel like BotW is the new standard both for Zelda games and for open world games as a whole, at least with regard to world design, exploration, and environmental interactivity. This version of Hyrule is probably the most fully realized place I've ever visited in a video game.

Oh, and I'm not sure if this is the best final fight with Ganon in the series (I still think Ocarina of Time takes the cake in that regard, if just barely), but this is certainly the most terrifying incarnation I've ever seen. I felt like I was fighting a boss from Bloodborne.

Overall, I think the rapturous critical response to this game was justified. I don't see Nintendo topping this for a VERY long time.

I'll probably continue to play this for a good while. Hyrule still has a lot of mysteries that need sorting out. At least, until Persona 5 comes out.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Tyranexx

I reached the end credits on Super Mario 3D World and am currently playing through some of the extra levels. This is truly an excellent, excellent game, one that definitely trumps its predecessor in nearly every way. The cat suit power up is now one of my favorites, and the final battle with Meowser is up there with my favorite Mario battles! I'm also quite tickled about the bonus playable character.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BraveSonic

Just beat Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix again via KH 2.5 HD. My favorite game of all time. The music, characters, story, content, and everything is just perfect IMO. Going to beat DDD HD on 2.8 next. May also get 1.5+2.5 on PS4 when it releases in NA and if it has all of its problems fixed.

Edited on by BraveSonic

I like Smash Wii U over Melee. FIGHT ME.
I'm addicted to amiibo. Full collection of the Smash series....help me....please...
Also, I like to go fast, really fast.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5714-9219-9497
Nintendo Network ID: ChandlerHolman01

3DS Friend Code: 0103-9570-7604 | Nintendo Network ID: ChandlerHolman01

Vinny

Xenoblade Chronicles

Wow, this is the longest game I've played so far, it took me 75 hours to finish (I did only a few sidequests).

The battle system is really fun and satisfying, it made the game feel less long for me. The amount of things to do and develop are just huge. There are the arts, which you gotta upgrade, the skill link system, the gem crafting, the collectiopedia, the landmarks... The game never lets you get bored.

The world you explore is huge and there are the landmarks spread throughout it, which are checkpoints of sorts and also give you some extra exp.

The story seems very conventional at first but then the twists come... And they don't stop coming.
I really liked the characters, specially Shulk and Dunban. I thought Riki was going to be really annoying when I first saw him but he ended being great and surprised me.

It was a great experience and to me this is one of those unforgettable games.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

evagrin

I can beat 3-5 games per week. I often play small flash games when I have short breaks at work so for the last week I've already beaten 4 games. On weekends want to beat Super Mario 3D World.

Edited on by Eel

evagrin

OptometristLime

evagrin wrote:

I can beat 3-5 games per week. I often play small flash games at http://www.friv5online.com/ when I have short breaks at work so for the last week I've already beaten 4 games. On weekends want to beat Super Mario 3D World.

Try some real games, it will take longer believe me.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

6ch6ris6

Picross 3D Round 2 (3DS)
awesome. i love picross games
too bad i can not 100% it because some puzzles are locked away with those stupid amiibos. seriously, nintendo??!

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Tyranexx

OptometristLime wrote:

evagrin wrote:

I can beat 3-5 games per week. I often play small flash games at http://www.friv5online.com/ when I have short breaks at work so for the last week I've already beaten 4 games. On weekends want to beat Super Mario 3D World.

Try some real games, it will take longer believe me.

I have played some decent flash games out there (I'm particularly fond of a developer by the name of Scriptwelder). While most are short, some are definitely worth your time. Plus, some may not have more than a few minutes a day to devote to gaming.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Vinny

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

This game got an incredible reception back in 2004, by both fans and critics alike and to this day people are still very fond of it. People are always asking for a VC re-release or a remake.

This is the second and last PM with the usual RPG battle system, now there's an audience system, which makes the combat more unexpected and surprising (they can throw you healing items at you for instance). The badge system is the same old and the partners now have their own HP.

Treehouse did an excellent job with the localization, the dialogue is really funny and memorable (the crows discussing about global warming! lol!).

My favorite chapter was the sixth (Three Days of Excess), where Mario solves mysteries in a train with the aid of Pennington, the detective penguin.
My least favorite was chapter 2, where you gotta walk around with 100 tiny creatures called punis, and if you lose any of them you gotta get them back. It's kinda like pikmin except not fun. You also gotta backtrack a lot.

The biggest issue I had with the game was the backtracking, specially during chapters 2, 4 and 7. But other than that it was amazing. Memorable music, fun combat, great characters and dialogue. Not hard to see why people like it so much!

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

shaneoh

Since the 5th of February:
Megadrive: Bugs Bunny in Double Trouble, Powermonger (was completing a game every two days, but PM threw that out the window).

PC: Dishonored (lucky to complete this, my current PC is on the way out, and it's so vintage it is beyond repair).

Wii U/NES VC: Street Gangs, Adventure Island

Wii U: Darksiders 2

3DS: Megaman 1 - 3 (as part of the legacy collection)

Brings the total number of games finished this year up to 27. My backlog is certainly taking a beating.

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

6ch6ris6

Metro 2033 Redux (PC)
very entertaining game. the start is a bit slow and fighting mutants isn't as fun as fighting human enemies but overall i had a blast playing the game. the last chapters kinda reminded me of the half life series. i will probably wait at least a few days until i start metro last light

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Ralizah

Titan Attacks! Played it on my Vita. Got every trophy in a few hours. Not a terribly satisfying experience, but I enjoyed my brief time with it.

RR529

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (3DS)

Great RPG. It doesn't reinvent the wheel, but it's core is solid and has a ton of content (I cleared the main story at about the 100 hour mark, and added another 15 of post game stuff on top of that to get the ending I wanted), so there's a lot to do if you get into it. The story is standard fantasy fare, but it has a memorable cast and an effective villain (even if I wasn't a huge fan of his last couple designs).

There's really nothing negative I could say about it. Sure, you'll have to grind from time to time, but I imposed more of that upon myself than was perhaps necessary, and there were some things about the world building that bugged me (like the fact that entire kingdoms seemed to consist of a single castletown, with every other town nearby being independent), but I'm really nit-picking for a "negative" to even bring that up. It didn't even have that one annoying moment that even the best games usually have.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jhena

Sry for the doable post. Posted this earlier in the wrong thread.

Doom (2016) on pc: I hoped i would never have to experience a bethesda involved game that i didnt like. Doom is the first. I havent really played oldschool stuff like doom (original of course), quake or half life but i have a feeling this is a good game for people that still like those. I just wanted to finish the game after not even 3 hours i think. Took me nine. The music was really monotonous and i cant believe that the soundtrack won a price for innovation. The gameplay got bland so fast. Enter an arena, kill all enemies, go to next arena, repeat. The only real positive for me is the performance and it looks pretty good in the station. Hell looks not so good. It runs like a good nintendo game on ultra.

All in all I found this game to be pretty mediocre.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

coolaggro

SMTIV Apocalypse. It was fantastic and I did all the side quests too. First game I had played in that series but now I'm looking forward to working my way back and playing more of them. Also extremely psyched for the upcoming Switch one.

ps: awesome tekkon kinkreet avatar

coolaggro

Ralizah

@coolaggro Highly recommend SMT: Nocturne on the PS2. It's one of the best games in the series.

LzWinky

Danganronpa and Danganronpa 2 are done.

I will probably start Persona 5 this weekend since I'm playing crazy-as-hell-Japanese games

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ogo79

@TheLZdragon
how does it feel beating yer first video game?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic