Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 641 to 660 of 3,148

Jhena

Dead Space 3: It was better than i thought. For me It was far from a bad game its often said to be. Still i wouldnt call it a really good game either. There was one part where i sure would have quit the game if i was in a bad mood. The one climbing section in chaper 13 where i had to use stasis to not get crashed was really bad designt. Dont know how often i died. The rest was pretty much the same formula i knew and liked from the first entry. Still i wouldnt want another game that plays pretty much identical to the first dead space.

Now im waiting for world of goo or total war attilla to arrive.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Jhena

World of Goo (pc): It was worth my time. The artstyle is very pleasing and unique as well as the music. Wasnt a great fan of the gameplay but it was still enjoyable and of course fresh. Didnt like the third chapter but the fourth was great. Length was just right too. There was one level that reminded me heavily of little big planet because of the sounds and because i had to blow stuff up.

Jhena

Tyranexx

I managed to beat Metroid Prime over the weekend. Wow...just wow. That final boss fight? Totally worth it. I ended up liking this game WAY more than I thought I would. In fact, the only gripe of any sort I have (after I adapted to the controls) is how the platforming was handled in a couple of areas. It truly is a 3D Metroid game, one that retains the charm that I've felt from playing the 2D entries.

I played this as part of Metroid Prime Trilogy, and while I'm tempted to go straight into Echoes, I think I'll take a break so as not to get worn with the series.

I also (finally) achieved the true ending in Bravely Default yesterday. Overall I had a blast with the game. The job system was the first time I had encountered anything like that, and I loved experimenting with many of the different combinations available. The world was absolutely stunning in 3D, with Ancheim likely being my favorite place. The story was well-written overall, the characters were likeable, and that ending...wow. I'll elaborate a little more on some points in the below paragraphs.

Still with me? Great! I've read a lot about how the second half of the game dragged for some, but this didn't seem to affect me too badly. The repetition didn't really bother me at all until after Chapter 6, and even then I didn't really mind going up against the creatures guarding the crystals again. I did skip a lot of the sidequests after grabbing the Conjuror asterisk, however; most of those optional fights only awarded job points, anyway. I did intend to trigger the bad ending first, but apparently this can't happen if you try breaking the fourth crystal in Chapter 8.

Overall the story was easy and interesting enough to follow (I did love the twist with a certain fairy), but I'm a bit confused about what happened to Tiz in the end. When did that celestial being enter him? Did it save him from Norende's destruction?

I enjoyed the game enough that I'm considering picking up Bravely Second, but it will be some time before I do so. Besides, I still need to see how the bad ending plays out.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Jhena

Sacred 3 (pc): I know that many people hate it because its a smplified entry. Played the first one so long ago i dont remember anything about it. I think i liked it. And i like this one too. Its simple hacknslay and its fun enough. It was short enough to be entertaining and to not drag on. At least for me. Im one of the cool kids who play games on the easiest difficulty. Maybe they tried to hard on the humor but i liked some jokes.

Well i think ill give total war attila another chance.

Jhena

Kingrat

Most recently:

Nier Automata - Great game, could use some optimisation though. Surreal, 4th wall breaking, emotional and thought provoking; another great game by Yoko taro.

Hollow Knight - Finally got to play it after having backed it on kickstarter. Incredibly well made metroidvania with a gorgeous hand-drawn artstyle and dark souls inspired narrative. Backtracking was more frustrating than most metroidvania's however.

Yooka-Laylee - Another one I backed (definitely overpaid though). What it lacks on polish it more than makes up for by being exactly what it promised: a return to 90's era Rare collectathons warts n' all. It's certainly no rival to Banjo but it was great fun while it lasted. (100% completion in 20 hours)

Kingrat

Jhena

Victor Vran (pc) : It was nice enough. I think i had more fun hacking in sacred 3 but i think victor has the better atmo, music and story.

Jhena

EdFairway

Off the top of my head:
Okami, BOTW and Planet Robobot

Based on the wisdom of Carlin: "You're born into this world with a ticket to the show. When you get an internet connection, you have a front row seat"

gcunit

Super Mario 3D Land

I played this in a very fragmented way over many months, so probably can't do it justice, but it's a very fun experience. It's probably the easiest Mario platformer I've played (no, scratch that, NSMB2 was probably easier), but having said that I die an awful lot cos I don't tend to take much care. In that respect it's a bit fiddly and loses some of it's 'fun' points because part of me just wants to be able to romp straight through it, bounding around with careless abandon, but I'm nowhere near good enough to pull that off, and if it was like that then everyone would moan about the lack of difficulty.

I could understand why someone who played this first and then went on to play Super Mario 3D World on the Wii U might be a bit irked if they paid full price for both, as the two games share a lot of features (though overall SM3DW is by far the better of the two, if for no other reasons that multiplayer and HD).

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

shaneoh

Finished Shin Megami Tensei IV (and DLC) last night. Managed to get the neutral route. Bloody good game, and I still have a bunch of SMT and Etrian Odyssey games that I have to stagger playing so I don't get burnt out on them.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

FGPackers

So i beat Breath of the Wild like 15-20 minutes ago and it was really awesome. I'll put all story content in spoiler tag so don't open it if you have not beat the game. Overall it was just fantastic. The best Zelda (and game) ever. It is not perfect obviously, nothing is, but the direction that Aonuma gave to this series is what it was meant to be from the get go, at least for me. Because exploration is from the start the most important aspect in the Zelda series, and how this game can inspire exploration for the player is something fantastic, and that's most of all thanks to this huge, nice and awesome world. Just there to explore for you. If i have to say a couple of possible improvements i would say better crafting system with weapons, armor and other things added, and a little bit large enemies number. But other than that i'm really satisfied with the game. I really love the Shrines aspect and i'm glad they abandoned the huge 2-3 hrs dungeon type. On the gameplay really nothing to say, it's just gorgeous. Now story spoiler: as i said in the game thread the ending was really cool. I like BOTW Zelda and most of all her growth process in the game. Her relationships also are finally more important in the game, both with Link and her father. How she become from a "fragile" girl to a stronger character in the memories and through the final fight (well, kind of) is what i really missed in other Zelda games (aside maybe Twilight Princess, but in that game Zelda did not get a central role like in this one. And that's a huge difference to me). At the end i was not disappointed by the ending, it was cool enough. I only wonder if it leaves an opening with the Zelda-Link dialogue, and if it is for the future story DLC. The fact that they mention directly Mipha's father is just strange to me

Now i'm really curious to see how they are going to develop the series from here and how the next Zelda installment will differ from Breath of the Wild. In the meanwhile i will surely remember this game like the best of my entire life and an awesome experience that really got me for 115+ hours in a 1 & 1/2 month. Thank you Aonuma-san, i really appreciated and loved your work! On to the next one, and the DLCs!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Jhena

Mass Effect 3 (pc): Overall i really enjoyed the game. I think its the most fun and polished entry gameplaywise. But the ending killed it for me. For me every ending was the same. Why fight aginst the lifeless to sacrifice himself in the end? Now i know why james calls him loco. Im not a fan of sacrifice stories. Im sure not even manufacturers with child slaves show them movies about selfsacrifice. For me its heartless and stupid propaganda against life and the infinite value of one. A soul is a soul is a soul. Theres no turning back. And its not possible to revive the dead. They are what they are too. Those that try are like darth vater.

Jhena

Ralizah

Just beat Velocity 2X. Now I need to go back and get perfect scores on all the levels. I actually did that on the first forty or so levels I played, so I only have a fraction of the levels left to perfect. Not sure how I'm going to get that sort of split-second precision on those stupid levels where I'm controlling two ships at once, though. Even when I try to just focus on one, it's still so disorienting!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Jhena

Risen 1 (pc): It was better than i thought. Still there were many frustrating situations. Especially in the last two chapters. But the first two were really good. The game doesnt do anything really good gameplay or storywise but its still fun to play. This was definetely more gothic 1 than 3. I think the second is still the best. Well im looking forward to the next two entries of risen.

Jhena

faint

I just finished the specter knight campaign in shovel knight. It was definitely the best of the three imo. The tinker knight stage had me pulling my hair out tho. It was a classic character built for speed but the level punishes you for going fast scenario.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Jhena

Tropico 5 complete edition (pc): It was a really good building game with nice vibe, music and humour. With my dark humour one joke was pretty hard. A hotelguest dreamed of eating a giant carrot and when he woke up the pillow was gone. That he just ate it came pretty late to my mind. Its hard to maintain an innocent mind.^^ It cant hurt to be able to laugh about prejudice or generally about darker jokes like the usa guaranteeing not to bomb my island for a while after i accomplished a mission for them.

The campaigns took me 6 days i think. A little bit to long for my taste because im not that much of building fan. The game doesnt take itself serious and it works very good. The easiest difficulty was really enjoyable and made me feel even more like almighty el presidente. I think thats the way to play this game. Also penultimo is a great character. I hope to see him again in later entries. I had fun.

Well i think ill be playing risen 2 next.

Jhena

Jhena

Risen 2 Dark Waters (pc): The atmo wasnt that gothiclike anymore but the caribbean vibe was fresh for an rpg. The battlesystem is still crap. Even more with swords. I cant recommend the firearms enough. It was a decent experience like the first one and almost everything got better especially the presentation.

Jhena

Tyranexx

Earthbound - This was definitely a weird one, but I mean that in a positive sense. I loved the unique, quirky story, the crazy enemies that you could encounter, those that aided you on the way, the fourth wall breaking....I loved all of it. The game wasn't easy, but it also wasn't nail-bitingly difficult in most sections either. I can easily see why so many recommend the Mother series. Also, that final battle...whew. Talk about intense!

I also have Earthbound Beginnings on the Wii U VC, so I'll likely play that one as well at some point.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic