Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 501 to 520 of 1,460

shingi_70

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

RR529 wrote:

I've always wondered, is Slade (the main antagonist of the Teen Titans cartoon) a real villain in the comics, or was he made up solely for the show?

Yes and no. Slade on Teen Titans (the show) is a tweaked version of Deathstroke. Because the show was aimed at younger viewers Cartoon Network wanted to keep the rating down so DC went with this real name Slade instead of Deathstroke because they felt that Deathstroke was to violent a name. Also instead of making him a skilled assassin they more less made him a criminal mastermind. His looks however pay tribute to the Deathstroke of DC comics especially the part of having only one eye.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

Tasuki wrote:

RR529 wrote:

I've always wondered, is Slade (the main antagonist of the Teen Titans cartoon) a real villain in the comics, or was he made up solely for the show?

Yes and no. Slade on Teen Titans (the show) is a tweaked version of Deathstroke. Because the show was aimed at younger viewers Cartoon Network wanted to keep the rating down so DC went with this real name Slade instead of Deathstroke because they felt that Deathstroke was to violent a name. Also instead of making him a skilled assassin they more less made him a criminal mastermind. His looks however pay tribute to the Deathstroke of DC comics especially the part of having only one eye.

Thanks for the reply! I realized I never heard the character referenced outside the show, and then I realized one of the villiain in the upcoming Batman game had a similar design, but a different name, so I was wondering what that was about.

Glad to have that cleared up.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

@RR529: Yeah it can be confusing lol. I remember when I first saw Teen Titans when it first aired and I was wondering the same thing. At that point Deathstroke was not as well known as he is now so I ended up looking it out and was like ah ok lol.

Since than Deathstroke/Slade has made numerous appearances in media such as Mortal Kombat VS DC, Lego Batman 2, Injustice: Gods Among Us and he will be part of Batman Arkham Origins. Deathstroke was also portrayed alot on the new CW series Arrow but like Teen Titans they kinda reworked him where as Deathstroke and Slade Wilson are two separate people.

Also the Marvel character Deadpool is a nod to Deathstroke in main ways including name (Deadpool's real name is Wade Wilson, Deathstroke is Slade Wilson) and looks and the fact that both are skilled assassins/mercenaries. The reason behind that is because the creator of Deadpool is a huge fan of the Teen Titans series. However their personalities are the major difference. Where as Deathstroke is a serious cold blooded killer so to speak Deadpool likes to have a little fun as is shown by is jokes and comments and just his general attitude.

My Backlog

KatnissEverdeen

The new Wolverine movie is out... is it worth the watch? O.o

KatnissEverdeen

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7893-5806

RR529

Played the Injustice demo on the 360.

I managed to get through the four fights on normal without dying, as Batman (although I just kept spamming the same two or three moves, lol).

It was pretty fun, but why does everything supposed to be so dark & gritty? Superheroes are supposed to be at least somewhat colorful. As a matter of fact, even most of the DC movies I've seen have been too heavy & gloomy (maybe that's just Batman though. Green Lantern didn't seem that way).

BTW, how do you block & use environmental weapons?

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

As far as superhero movies being dark and gritty you have Batman Begins to thank for that. Because that movie was so successful in rebooting the Batman movie franchise I guess everyone think that superhero movies need to be dark and gritty to be money makers.

My Backlog

Cyberbotv2

I keep reading about the casting of Batman in the next Superman film, and I find myself dull to it. Jon Hamm, josh Brolin, brad Pitt....no. To me it seems so easy to cast Joseph Gordon Levitt as the next Bats. It's time for a detective, that maybe knows some Kung fu. And the story tells itself, Levitt would be undercover when he's forced to save people when Supes is ripping up the place by mistake. Then when he goes to investigate, he realizes this guy is way too strong and goes Beyond on him. They even left a clue in Man of Steel. When Supes is investigating the kryptonian ship in the Article, there's a empty pod that's been left open....guess who was investigating? Why would Warner Bros/DC not want to maintain continuity and maintain that Nolan Batman link? I have a feeling what I wrote above is so far away from what they'll do....

Cyberbotv2

shingi_70

You block with back and use either LB or RB to hit with the environment.

As far as why everything is all dark gritty. Well you are playing in the Gotham City map which inherently has to dark and gritty. The reason why the rest of the game is like that is because Injustice is an alternate world telling of a world gone bad.

The Joker kidnaps a pregnant Lois Lane and Tricks Superman to kill her before nuking Metropolis. Superman not sure what to do goes off rip kills the Joker, says enough is enough and goes on a rampage starting a new world order. Some heroes Join him while others stick with Batman. The game starts with the main universe heroes being pulled into this Dark Future to Help stop King Superman.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Cyberbotv2 wrote:

I keep reading about the casting of Batman in the next Superman film, and I find myself dull to it. Jon Hamm, josh Brolin, brad Pitt....no. To me it seems so easy to cast Joseph Gordon Levitt as the next Bats. It's time for a detective, that maybe knows some Kung fu. And the story tells itself, Levitt would be undercover when he's forced to save people when Supes is ripping up the place by mistake. Then when he goes to investigate, he realizes this guy is way too strong and goes Beyond on him. They even left a clue in Man of Steel. When Supes is investigating the kryptonian ship in the Article, there's a empty pod that's been left open....guess who was investigating? Why would Warner Bros/DC not want to maintain continuity and maintain that Nolan Batman link? I have a feeling what I wrote above is so far away from what they'll do....

Already been confirmed that the open pod was a hint at a possible Supergirl. Plus its been confirmed its thankfully none of that Baleman mess.

WAT!

RR529

Thanks for the replies. I guess the grimness is understandable given the game's story.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Played the Injustice demo again tonight, and now that I had a better idea of what I was doing, I enjoyed it even more.

Still played as Batman, and I managed to win the first fight (Batman) via environmental takedown (with the water tower), and I timed my super just right in the final fight (Doomsday), to K.O. with it. Felt pretty cool, lol.

Might try to play as Wonder Woman tomorrow.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

@RR529: Yeah its a fun game, glad to hear that you are enjoying it. I have in on the Wii U myself since I prefer the cross pad over sticks for fighting games and Nintendo has the best cross pad around. I am waiting to see if they come out with a GotY edition with all the downloads included but still its a great game.

My Backlog

shingi_70

Wonder Woman is a beast. Might pick up the full game this month.

WAT!

Tasuki

Honestly my opinion if you haven't already bought the game by now you might as well just wait to for them to release the GotY edition.

My Backlog

Relias

Well.. I seem to be the only one even looking at the Young Justice Game... it sounds like it should be fun.. and does not look that bad either.. I hope it does well.. seeing as to how it's one of few RPG's on the Wii U..

Edited on by Relias

I am a wild and free Ninetails not a trainer.. get over it...

3DS Friend Code: 4570-6835-5697

shingi_70

I plan to pick it up mostly because the story was written by weismen and this means I'll get one last adventure of that universe. (well two counting the comics I haven't dug into yet)

WAT!

Midnight3DS

Young Justice looks incredibly uninspired. I have low expectations, like I should have had for X-Men:Destiny.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

shingi_70

Oh i'm not buying it for the gameplay. I'll wait for a price drop and pick it u since the story and voices are the same crew as the TV series.

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic