General Discussion Forum

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Showing 481 to 500 of 994

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

481. Posted:

Varia01 wrote:

Well no. I don't think I've ever watched anything Mr West has acted for.

He's the mayor in Family Guy.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

482. Posted:

Batan 66 comic is pretty awesome.

Top five

Superman
Batwoman
Green Arrow
Swamp Thing
Constantine

Think I might grab a Wii U instead of a PS4 for scribblenauts and Batman Arkham Origins.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

483. Posted:

Varia01 wrote:

Ok. Than I really KNOW that I didn't watch it.

You are missing out on life.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

484. Posted:

Alright don't get me wrong I love the Tradtional Wonder Woman costume
Untitled
Untitled

But I much prefer the pants look that the new 52 was supposed to have.
Untitled
Untitled

That design is pretty much spot on, it just needs stars somewhere in the outfit.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

485. Posted:

Justice League Dark came out today closing out the first half of Trinity War the crossover of the three Justice League titles that will lead into the Forever Evil Crossover. Pretty good setting up the new status quo for each of teams how the leagues have been splintered.

My two favorite parts of the books is the happening at Argus and the Wonder Woman/Batman showdown in the house of Mystery. Its interesting all of the seeds that hav been going in the Justice League books since last October are coming to a head and explaining why some heroes can't trust each other.

So now we have three different teams ech led by a member of the Trinity.

The Truth
Superman
Martian Manhunter
Cyborg
Green Arrow
The Atom
Element Woman
Firestorm
The Question

Team consists of one other main Justice league member other than Superman. You have the senior heroes backing up Superman since something is obviously up with the picture of him killing. The rookies on the team just want to help their idol and aren't really sure. It was a nice nod to one of cyborg's weakness when the question brought the evidence of someone else at the scene of the crime.
Untitled

Science
Batman
Katana
Steve Trevor
Catwoman
Phantom Stranger
Vibe
Flash
Green Lantern

Batman previously barked at the fact that magic played a role and superman's troubles were that of science but they seem to be ateempting wonder woman from finding the box now.

The Box
Wonder Woman
Zatanna
Deadman
Stargirl
Frankenstein
Aquaman
Hawkman
Black Orchrid

Team consists of mostly warrior types and people experienced with magic. Planning to go go after Pandora and the Box under the assumption that supermans aliments are magic based.

The Outsider claims at the end of the issue he's already won since he has a mole on the Justice League. pretty sure that mole is Superman who's actually Ultraman either Masquerading as Clark or controlling his mind from earth-3.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

486. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

pretty sure that mole is Superman who's actually Ultraman either Masquerading as Clark or controlling his mind from earth-3.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Earth-3, along with it's inhabitants, obliterated in the events of Crisis on Infinite Earths or did I miss something?

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

487. Posted:

In the new 52 the universe was rebooted and alot of stuff either happened differently (death of superman) or didn't happen at all. I'm guessing none of the crisis have happened at all in the new 52.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

488. Posted:

@Sony_70 So they retconned the biggest and the best (in my opinion) Crisis. Brilliant.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

489. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

@Sony_70 So they retconned the biggest and the best (in my opinion) Crisis. Brilliant.

Yep but their reasoning did make a lot of sense. The orginal crisis was a way to reboot the Universe and go out on a high note. Flashpoint was that for the post crisis universe and they rebooted starting wth a new universe where mostly everything began new expect Batman and Green lantern due to two big writers on the arc. As someone who didn't start reading comics till the new 52 and Justice League #1 i'm cool with it.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

490. Posted:

Since this thread has fallen a few pages back...

I sometimes fire up the LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes demo on 3DS, just because I like sneaking up on enemies with the X-Ray suit (or whatever it's called), lol.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

491. Posted:

I really need to pick up the console version of that game.

So you guys here the news that The Flash is coming to Arrow and getting his own TV series.
]Here are some new tidbits from Johns and Kreisberg, gleaned from a press call held this afternoon:

  • Barry Allen in the Arrow universe is “just an ordinary forensic scientist working for the Central City Police Department” when we first meet him,
    Andrew Kreisberg tells us. “As we always do on Arrow, we try to keep things as grounded and realistic as possible, and that is the way the audience will be introduced to Barry and get to know him before his life gets a little bit faster.”
  • “That’s part of the fun for the audience, for the ride, to see how we do our ‘Arrow take’ on The Flash legacy,” Kreisberg says about whether or not we’ll see his powers on Arrow. “All that said, he does need powers to become The Flash,” Geoff Johns adds. “He will be The Flash.”
  • Johns compares Barry Allen’s arrival on Arrow as being like Barry’s arrival in the comics in Showcase #4, when he ushered in a Silver Age of DC super heroes. “In the same way, he’s going to usher in some new and pretty insane concepts to the Arrow world, but like Andrew said, in a very grounded way.” Characters we know from Arrow will react to the extraordinary changes to their world, hopefully in a very realistic way. “These ‘powers’ won’t be treated as commonplace on the show. They will be extraordinary events, and the world and the characters in them will react accordingly,” Kreisberg says. Barry’s presence is “in addition to Arrow.” “We’re not trying to take away anything from Arrow; we’re really trying to add to Arrow,” Kreisberg adds.
  • Doing The Flash as a spin-off was an idea that came from Greg Berlanti. The Flash has always been a favorite for him, and of course has always been well loved by Johns and Kreisberg.
  • Kreisberg sees “something very relatable” about Barry Allen. “He got his powers by accident. He isn’t a God, he isn’t an alien, he wasn’t seeking this out… it sort of came to him, and his reactions to that feel very human and grounded. I know we use that word a lot in Arrow, but that’s really the way it feels,” Kreisberg says. “Oliver Queen is a very dark and tortured soul, and Barry is not. I think it’ll be a fun by-play to see these two characters together, because they both have distinctly different world views, while both caring deeply about right and wrong.”
  • “We’re really focusing on making these episodes the very, very best they can be. Flash deserves it,” Johns says.
  • “He’s a cop. He follows the law, he follows the rules… the last thing in the world he would ever think about is being a vigilante,” Geoff Johns says when detailing differences between him and Oliver. Kreisberg says that Oliver and Barry will learn from each other.
  • Casting for the role of Barry Allen was waiting for today’s news to come out first. Now that it’s out there, the search can begin.
  • The visual effects for The Flash will be unlike nothing we’ve seen before from the character on things like Smallville or the old Flash TV show. Some inspiration may come from the artwork done by Francis Manapul in The Flash comics from DC Comics.
  • As Barry’s first visit to Arrow will be in Starling City, we probably will not see other characters from the Flash world until Episode #2.20 of Arrow.

[/quote]

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

492. Posted:

Some preview pages from Forever Evil
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Plus the design for the new ARGUS (think the DC shield) armor.
Untitled
Untitled

Its experimental armor crated using technology from Apokolips so Normal Humans can fight back in a world without a Justice League.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

493. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

I really need to pick up the console version of that game.

So you guys here the news that The Flash is coming to Arrow and getting his own TV series.
]Here are some new tidbits from Johns and Kreisberg, gleaned from a press call held this afternoon:

  • Barry Allen in the Arrow universe is “just an ordinary forensic scientist working for the Central City Police Department” when we first meet him,
    Andrew Kreisberg tells us. “As we always do on Arrow, we try to keep things as grounded and realistic as possible, and that is the way the audience will be introduced to Barry and get to know him before his life gets a little bit faster.”
  • “That’s part of the fun for the audience, for the ride, to see how we do our ‘Arrow take’ on The Flash legacy,” Kreisberg says about whether or not we’ll see his powers on Arrow. “All that said, he does need powers to become The Flash,” Geoff Johns adds. “He will be The Flash.”
  • Johns compares Barry Allen’s arrival on Arrow as being like Barry’s arrival in the comics in Showcase #4, when he ushered in a Silver Age of DC super heroes. “In the same way, he’s going to usher in some new and pretty insane concepts to the Arrow world, but like Andrew said, in a very grounded way.” Characters we know from Arrow will react to the extraordinary changes to their world, hopefully in a very realistic way. “These ‘powers’ won’t be treated as commonplace on the show. They will be extraordinary events, and the world and the characters in them will react accordingly,” Kreisberg says. Barry’s presence is “in addition to Arrow.” “We’re not trying to take away anything from Arrow; we’re really trying to add to Arrow,” Kreisberg adds.
  • Doing The Flash as a spin-off was an idea that came from Greg Berlanti. The Flash has always been a favorite for him, and of course has always been well loved by Johns and Kreisberg.
  • Kreisberg sees “something very relatable” about Barry Allen. “He got his powers by accident. He isn’t a God, he isn’t an alien, he wasn’t seeking this out… it sort of came to him, and his reactions to that feel very human and grounded. I know we use that word a lot in Arrow, but that’s really the way it feels,” Kreisberg says. “Oliver Queen is a very dark and tortured soul, and Barry is not. I think it’ll be a fun by-play to see these two characters together, because they both have distinctly different world views, while both caring deeply about right and wrong.”
  • “We’re really focusing on making these episodes the very, very best they can be. Flash deserves it,” Johns says.
  • “He’s a cop. He follows the law, he follows the rules… the last thing in the world he would ever think about is being a vigilante,” Geoff Johns says when detailing differences between him and Oliver. Kreisberg says that Oliver and Barry will learn from each other.
  • Casting for the role of Barry Allen was waiting for today’s news to come out first. Now that it’s out there, the search can begin.
  • The visual effects for The Flash will be unlike nothing we’ve seen before from the character on things like Smallville or the old Flash TV show. Some inspiration may come from the artwork done by Francis Manapul in The Flash comics from DC Comics.
  • As Barry’s first visit to Arrow will be in Starling City, we probably will not see other characters from the Flash world until Episode #2.20 of Arrow.

[/quote]

Wow that will be great. So now with that and the Batman/Superman movie in the works sounds like everything is tieing up to a JL movie. I wonder if they will bring in Green Lantern via Arrow as well since they had that tie in with Green Lantern on the last episode of the season on Arrow.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

494. Posted:

I'm guessing DC is going selective with there universe with some heroes getting films while others getting TV series.

Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman- Film Series

The Flash/Arrow- Start of the TV side of things.

There was a Booster Gold TV series in development but I think that was held back and being reworked to be apart of the DC movieverse instead of a smallville spin off.

With Pacific Rim done Del Toro should start working on Heaven Sent more Actively.

I'm guessing the rumored Flash film is off the cards for now and may be replaced by Aquaman or Wonder Woman.

Still not confirmed that all of the films and series are related but I'd bet they are. (no reason to introduce metahumans into Arrow otherwise) . It makes a possible Justice League movie potentially awesome with all the possible cameos.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

495. Posted:

Comicbookmovie has more details on what bring the Flash into arrow.

arry Allen will first appear in episodes eight and nine of Arrow before returning in episode 20 for what has been described as a backdoor pilot for his own series. But what brings the character to Starling City in the first place? TV Line has the answer. "I’ve got fresh intel on exactly what brings Central City PD CSI Barry Allen to Oliver’s orbit. The would-be speedster travels (not by foot, I assume) to Starling City while investigating a series of brutal slayings that he believes may have a connection to his mother’s years-ago murder — a crime for which his father has been unjustly imprisoned." That's obviously extremely faithful to the comic book version of Barry Allen and the investigation could serve as a basis for The Flash's television series.

Barry Allen's mothers death is a big part of why he becomes a cop in the first place. Some people confuse Barry with being boring but, it mostly comes from the fact that he cares about his image and isn't as much of a joker as Wally.
Untitled

It also helps that the Flash is someone wh strives to be liked the general populace and attempts to be the voice of reason. (helps with the whole boring barry thing)
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Plus he has one of the best Villains Gallery'/supporting cast in comics.
Untitled
Like Barry's Boss who's dating the pied piper and is afraid to go public due to either the backlash of being gay, or dating a former super villain.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

496. Posted:

Sad news today actor Michael Ansara, who is best know for his role in the Star Trek series as the Klingon commander Kang, but also provided the voice of Mr. Freeze in Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond and as well as the video game Batman: Vengence passed away today at 91.

His voice work with Mr. Freeze helped bring Mr. Freeze into the mainstay of Batman villains helping to pave the way to even to have Mr Freeze as a villain in one of the movies. (I wont say which one since it was pretty obvious). Also the way he portrayed Mr Freeze on BtAS help transformed that character to a more "human" villain.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Midnight3DS

497. Posted:

I always say BTAS is my definitive Batman, and here again, my definitive Mr. Freeze. Heart of Ice... one of my favorite episodes.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

498. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

I always say BTAS is my definitive Batman, and here again, my definitive Mr. Freeze. Heart of Ice... one of my favorite episodes.

I agree that show did so much for the Batman series that I just can't keep count. I am glad that I got the whole series on DVD.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

499. Posted:

Heart of Ice is the chief reason why Mr.Freeze is my favorite Batman Villain.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

500. Posted:

I've always wondered, is Slade (the main antagonist of the Teen Titans cartoon) a real villain in the comics, or was he made up solely for the show?

Sad to hear about that Mr. Freeze VA, BTW. I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with his work though. I know I've seen the 90's Batman movies, & used to watch BtAS, but I was so little at the time I don't remember much.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!