Forums

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,574

shingi_70

Trailer for Infinity

I know that the Avengers to go out to space deal with cosmic danger, but leaving the earth unproteced or at least the only protection left being mostly street level seems dangerous.

Also it won't happen because Disney hates being a publisher but I wish Marvel would get there games output on the same level as DC.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

RR529

Sony_70 wrote:

Also it won't happen because Disney hates being a publisher but I wish Marvel would get there games output on the same level as DC.

How many more games does DC have coming this year than Marvel?

Marvel has had Deadpool, and is getting LEGO Marvel Superheroes.

DC is releasing Arkham Origins, Arkham Origins: Blackgate, and the Scribblenauts crossover.

That's only one more, unless I'm missing some things.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Midnight3DS

Don't forget DC Injustice in the total tally.

Edited on by Midnight3DS

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

RR529

Didn't Injustice release last year?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

RR529 wrote:

Didn't Injustice release last year?

Nope it came out in March or April I forgot which one but I know it was this year.

Also Marvel did put out that Marvel Online game on the PC a few months ago as well.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shingi_70

RR529 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

How many more games does DC have coming this year than Marvel?

Marvel has had Deadpool, and is getting LEGO Marvel Superheroes.

DC is releasing Arkham Origins, Arkham Origins: Blackgate, and the Scribblenauts crossover.

That's only one more, unless I'm missing some things.

You forgot Injustice and Infinite crisis.

What I meant is DC games are usually of higher quality and done in house. IF Disney actually cared about Video Games than we might see the same with their properties as well.

Where's my all Marvel fighting game for example.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

HawkeyeWii

It's been a few weeks since The Wolverine came out, but I just wanted to share my thoughts on it.
I thought it was the best superhero movie of the summer. And it got me thinking, I wonder if it would be possible, even in the slightest that Wolvie could get into one of the last Avenger movies. The fact that Hugh Jackman really wants to be in an Avengers movie, adds to the possibilities.
Also, I loved the Avengers, but the new Super-casted "Days of Future Past", has me more excited than the Avengers sequel. I can't wait for that X-Men movie!!

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

the_shpydar

Unfortunately, barring some sort of studio-partnership, Wolvie won't appear in any Avengers movie. Fox has the film rights for the X-Men and related characters locked down for the time being. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are sort of exceptions, with film rights to the characters being split between the studios (and divided by the content of their characters' depictions), since they were both Avengers since the 1960s.

While Wolverine has been an Avenger as of late, he's always been an X-man first and foremost, and his character's film rights are tied up in the X-Men package that's owned by Fox.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

HawkeyeWii

@the_shpydar Yeah I knew about the film rights and stuff, I still think there may be even a smallest of possibilities that he and maybe Spidey could make it into Avengers 3. Jackman's Agent said he thinks it's almost impossible for Marvel not to find a way to get both Wolvie and Spidey in at least one of the movies.
Ah well, "Days of Future Past" is going to be better than any of the Avengers movies anyway.

I recently have really gotten into Wolverine by subscribing to his main comic, getting the Vol. 1 of it and getting "The Wolverine"by Frank Miller and getting the original "Days of Future Past" Comic. I would like to know if the movie will be loosely based or very closely based off of it.
Because of this I have really been itching to play some superhero games like X-Men Legends or Ultimate Alliance, which begs the question, do you guys think that another MUA will be made or another X-Men Legends?

Twitter:

Tasuki

@HawkeyeWii: I would be interested in Spidey being in Avengers but It would have to be Tobey Maguire. If they were to use this new emo brooding Spidey that they insist on using now I will pass.

My Backlog

HawkeyeWii

Tobey Maguire will never play Spidey ever again. It is impossible for that to happen now.
I loved the new Spiderman movie, personally. I thought it much more closely followed the comics that the Maguire movies.
I liked Tobey as Spidey as well though

Twitter:

Tasuki

@HawkeyeWii: Well I wouldn't say its impossible more like improbable. I am sure that if both sides wanted that to happen it could. I have not seen the new Spiderman movie just the trailers and to be honest I dont want too. Especially of what I heard they are doing for the sequel and how many villains they are bringing in. Its like YIKES and I thought Batman and Robin had way to many villains.

My Backlog

HawkeyeWii

What's so bad about a bunch of villains?
For the next one I heard it is just Electro and Rhino and I heard Rhino is only in it for like 5-10 min.

Twitter:

Tasuki

You also have Norman in it as well. And what's wrong with multiple villains? Just look at Batman and Robin or Spider-Man 3 for the answer.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

the_shpydar

The problem with multiple villains is just the nature of a film as a time-limited medium. Story-wise, something like Spidey vs The Sinister Six is awesome, but it can only really work well in an extended-form of storytelling — comics, TV, etc. When you have 2-3 hours to tell a story, you have a limited amount of time that can be devoted to each aspect of the film — the hero, the love interest, the family, the villain, etc. So the more points-of-focus you have in a movie, the harder it is to effectively tell a cohesive and well-developed story. You just can't (or at least it's very difficult to do) effectively tell a story in a limited time when you have to switch your focus all over the place. Characters end up under-developed, story aspects will feel ham-fisted, and at the end of the day, the total film suffers from it.

Personally, I liked Spider-Man 3 for the most part, but if Raimi hadn't been forced to include Venom/Eddie Brock in the film (or conversely, if the Sandman story-line hadn't been included), the picture would have worked better overall.

However, nothing could have saved Batman and Robin. Nothing.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

shingi_70

Most films that try to Juggle multiple active villains usually turn out badly. My biggest fault with both Iron Man 2 and The Dark Knight rises is they both introduce a charismatic villian (Bane and the nerdy dude with the glasses) but crap he bed once they pull the Talia and Whiplash were the real vlllians.

The first two Nolan Bat films happen to pull off the multiple viliians very well. I'd say Thor handled it pretty decently as well.

WAT!

HawkeyeWii

Tasuki wrote:

You also have Norman in it as well. And what's wrong with multiple villains? Just look at Batman and Robin or Spider-Man 3 for the answer.

LOL if you think Batman and Robin was bad because it had too many villains in it, you are sadly mistaken!HAHAHA
That was the least of its problems.
As for Spiderman 3, that one was more so because the villains weren't portrayed as they should have been, especially Venom.

Twitter:

Tasuki

I agree with what both Shpydar and Sony_70 had to say, and thats why I hate multiple villains. Yes Batman Begins and Dark Knight pulled it off well but it could have been better. I felt that both Scarcrow and Two Face were underdeveloped and Talia was a complete joke they should have just stuck with Bane.

My Backlog

Odnetnin

Scarecrow didn't need any development beyond what he had; his power as a villain lied in his whole character being an illusion. Personally, I thought Harvey Dent was fine as well (he's actually my favorite movie character). The fact he had a dark side was hinted at early on and he revealed his true character long before he became Two Face. Plenty of development IMO.

But yeah, Talia was a joke.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

Odnetnin wrote:

Scarecrow didn't need any development beyond what he had; his power as a villain lied in his whole character being an illusion. Personally, I thought Harvey Dent was fine as well (he's actually my favorite movie character). The fact he had a dark side was hinted at early on and he revealed his true character long before he became Two Face. Plenty of development IMO.

But yeah, Talia was a joke.

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic