Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,460

HawkeyeWii

Although I'm obviously trying to avoid spoilers at all costs, I've heard the reviews have been amazing so far and many have said it is rivaling The Dark Knight as the best Batman movie. As for Pattinson, if you've seen him in anything other than Twilight, you'll know the guy is a great actor. He was amazing in "Good Time" and "The Lighthouse". Can't wait to see it this Sunday! Have tickets to the biggest XD theater near me.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

@roy130390 Yeah I do have to say, if there was one thing I didn't like about the trailer, is that part where he's walking down a corridor towards enemies blasting him in the chest with machine guns. He's not Iron Man lol. That's one of the best things about Batman as a character. He's vulnerable. So you take that away, and it diminishes him a bit.

Twitter:

BruceCM

I don't think I've seen him in anything, @HawkeyeWii .... Certainly have not watched Twilight, lol I'll look forward to watching The Batman when it comes to Google Play Movies & is available to rent cheap, which will probably be in a couple of years

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jump

@Ryu_Niiyama Very late reply but how was the Static Shock? I like the character but I've never actually read a run before.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Ryu_Niiyama

@jump Pretty good. I haven’t read the last 3 issues because I have everything boxed up but I love the updated artstyle and it feels like milestone. I’ll be happy to finish it when I get settled.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

blindsquirrel

I have to wait until the Batman comes to Amazon prime to watch it. All because they had to include a club and an f-bomb in the movie. Oh well guess I wil, just rewatch the dark knight trilogy for my Batman fix.

Edited on by blindsquirrel

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

HawkeyeWii

The Batman was amazing! Quick (non-spoiler review). Within the first 30 minutes of the movie I knew Pattinson's Batman was going to be the most comic-accurate Batman we've ever seen in live action and it definitely was. Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are still better "films" in general, but The Batman has to be hands down, the best Batman centric movie ever. They also finally got Catwoman right. Penguin was good. My slight gripes with the movie is with the Riddler. Did they have to make him look like some bondage fetish freak? The costume design was strange.

My biggest gripe though (SPOILERS)

is, do we have to have the Joker redone AGAIN? It's not like Batman doesn't have a huge selection of villians to choose from. This would already be the 3rd iteration of Joker since 2016's Suicide Squad.

Twitter:

Tasuki

@HawkeyeWii The problem is yes Batman has a whole Rogues Gallery , but Joker is his polar opposite so yeah they are going to have him in every Batman movie. Maybe if they quit rebooting the Batman series and just do one continuity instead of just 2 or 3 movies they we will get other villains But thats the main problem. We have 89 Batman so we have to have a Joker for that series. Now we have The Dark Knight Trilogy so we need a Joker for that. Oh look Suicide Squad is its own thing and hey let's have a Joker standalone movie. Look now we have another Batman series starting well you know we need Joker in it.

I agree it's annoying so hopefully this series will stick around for longer then 3 movies.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

jump

@HawkeyeWii I found Catwoman a bit meh myself, she had no chemistry with Bats. I always like the idea of Catwoman being a threat to Batman as she takes advantage of one of his weaknesses of that he skipped his social teen years so he doesn't know how to deal with attraction and flirting so the lack of chemistry hurts alot for me.

I am disappointed with all the talk about it being Batman ripped from the comics that it seems to have the same surface level understanding of the comics as most of the films do. To me it's just as grievous that The Riddler's Zodiac killer take or Batman being very short sighted/inconstantly smart as Tim Burton's Penguin fish monster man or Bane being an idiotic muscle man in Batman & Robin were.

I liked the film but considering it's trying so hard to be cerebral I wish it was actually a smarter flick. It kinda reminded me of putting Lego Batman in a David Fincher flick. It doesn't really break ground either, there's multiple points in the movie it's almost unintentional parody or slam dunk what it does do well. So it breaks into my top 10 Batmovies but not even close to the top 5.

@Tasuki Nature is so weird, who would have thought the natural predator to a bat in the wild would be a clown!?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

HawkeyeWii

@jump If this isn't even in your top 5 Batman movies, I'm really curious what is. The only ones I have ahead of it are Begins and TDK. Nothing else comes close. A lot of people liked Burton's movies, but in general for me, I just don't like his style of movie making. It just feels hokey. It just seems odd to me this is the 10th? Batman movie and we are only just now allowing him to actually be a detective, which is ironic because it's one of the biggest things that make up the character. The comics aren't called "Detective Comics" for nothing lol.

Twitter:

jump

@HawkeyeWii People don't give Timmy B's Batman enough credit as the structure of the film is amazing, long before superheroes films were a staple blockbuster they foresaw the biggest problem with them is that the 1st movie is too slow as you're forced to tell the origin which is why the sequels are often better. However they have their cake and eat it too but by telling the origin story midway though and as part of the plot to not slow down the flick and even played into it by opening with an unrelated family being mugged.

The detective stuff in The Batman was fine but I can't really say it's a great mystery thriller, especially when I worked out the mystery an hour+ before Batman did. It wouldn't be a problem but they film goes all in on being a mystery film so it sacrificed loads of world building which I think this film really needed more of for certain spoiler pay offs.

Like I said I enjoyed and it's a solid film but it's best aspects never really better any of the other Bat-Movies for me and as it's own thing it's a water downed version of a Fincher film.

Nicolai wrote:

Tallea

I can't wait to watch Batman

Tallea

Tasuki

Just saw The Batman and here are my thoughts on it.

1) Way to long. The first hour was so unnecessary while I could appreciate that they were setting it up they really could have shorten it. The didn't need to go after the DA and Police Cheif.

2) Robert Pattinson as Batman/Bruce Wayne. Ok dude you can just drop the emo crap. I get it you are Robert Pattinson Mr. I played and emo sparkling vampire that's great but it's OK you can so emotions playing other parts. I will say at least I can understand him when he's doing his Batman voice.

3) When did Jigsaw from Saw become The Riddler.

Overall it wasn't a terrible Batman movie but not the best. The major problem was the first half of the movie. For me it didn't feel like a Batman movie it felt like you could replace Batman with a generic detective and it would have been the same. Pattinson did nothing as Batman he didn't have the intimidation factor down at all.

I will say I did enjoy Penguin and honestly would have made him the main villain rather then Jigsaw.

As I said not the worst but not the best. Will I watch it again probably not.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

jump

This is the most amazeballs comic cover ever!!!

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Snatcher

@jump How much does it cost and where can you buy it?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

RR529

Since it was "free" as part of "Prime Reading", I read the first volume of the 2011-2015 Supergirl run.

First couple of chapters were the best with the Superman fight (they also had brighter colors than the rest of the book, which I preferred), I wasn't huge on the knockoff Luther they had her face off against next, but I liked where they were going in the last few chapters when she went to investigate the truth about Krypton.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Finished up All Star Superman (comic book) this morning. As someone who's much more accustomed to reading manga, this was an interesting learning experience.

I think the biggest thing that stood out to me (with my largest familiarity to western comic book properties being the films & some games) was how unapologetically weird it could be. Not that manga can't be weird, but each series is usually set in it's own standalone universe & you're introduced to all of it's specific rules & quirks as it goes on. Here (and in spite of itself being standalone & disconnected from greater comic continuity) rise ups of subterranean lizard people & time travelling Biblical figures are treated so matter of factly like it's just another Tuesday at the office, lol.

That's not to say I didn't like it though, far from it in fact. The core narrative was surprisingly heartfelt & uplifting, and the art, especially some of the full page pieces could be fantastic.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jump

@Kermit1 it’s gonna really blow your mind when you find out there’s a Marvel thread too!

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic