Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,460

Offspring

I remember the rumor that Luthor would have the skinhead look. Anyway I'm not a fan of this look but I doubt we get very many shirtless scenes (probably just his introduction) plus they need to differentiate this take from Ledger's.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

iKhan

GUYS HOW ABOUT THAT EPISODE OF THE FLASH!!!!!

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DefHalan

I didn't want to derail the Marvel Thread and since this deals with DC as well I figured I would post it here. It was interesting to see the difference in audience reaction from Batman vs Superman trailer to the Ant-Man trailer last night when I saw Avengers. I know that it might have been a bias crowd, seeing a Marvel movie, but after the BvS trailer 3 guys were really loud trying to get others excited, but after the Ant-man trailer almost the whole room was laughing. I found it very interesting that Ant-man, a movie a lot of people aren't expecting to do well, got such a better reaction from their trailer than BvS, which is trying to build the DC movie world.

Like I said, the audience could have just been very bias, but it was still interesting to see.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

Funnily enough Karen is the most hated character on Daredevil by far which says alot about the fanbase than the above characters, I don't even mind Iris and I like Laurel in seasons 1 and 3. Felicity won't get better since her character at this point is written as a POV for fangirls.

Superman
Untitled

Batman
Untitled

Wonder Woman
Untitled

Aquaman
Untitled

Lex Luthor
Untitled
The Joker
Untitled

Gal Gadot is still the biggest joke in that lineup. I really hope she surprises me and does a good job. And the "damaged" on Joker's head does look incredibly silly.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

ThePirateCaptain

DefHalan wrote:

I didn't want to derail the Marvel Thread and since this deals with DC as well I figured I would post it here. It was interesting to see the difference in audience reaction from Batman vs Superman trailer to the Ant-Man trailer last night when I saw Avengers. I know that it might have been a bias crowd, seeing a Marvel movie, but after the BvS trailer 3 guys were really loud trying to get others excited, but after the Ant-man trailer almost the whole room was laughing. I found it very interesting that Ant-man, a movie a lot of people aren't expecting to do well, got such a better reaction from their trailer than BvS, which is trying to build the DC movie world.

Like I said, the audience could have just been very bias, but it was still interesting to see.

I'm biased towards DC myself, but part of it is just the difference in style between the Marvel has been making their movies and the direction BvS is going. Marvel has been relying on lighthearted fun and one-liners to draw in a more mainstream crowd whereas DC Man of Steel and now BvS are going for a much darker, more serious tone. I do enjoy the Marvel films despite not being a huge fan of the characters, but for me the style of humor has gotten a bit old. People complain about BvS being too dark or gritty, but it looks like a nice change of pace to me.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

ThePirateCaptain

Tasuki wrote:

Is that the Joker from Suicide Squad or BvS?

Suicide Squad, though I believe both share the same universe.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

shingi_70

ThePirateCaptain wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I'm biased towards DC myself, but part of it is just the difference in style between the Marvel has been making their movies and the direction BvS is going. Marvel has been relying on lighthearted fun and one-liners to draw in a more mainstream crowd whereas DC Man of Steel and now BvS are going for a much darker, more serious tone. I do enjoy the Marvel films despite not being a huge fan of the characters, but for me the style of humor has gotten a bit old. People complain about BvS being too dark or gritty, but it looks like a nice change of pace to me.

Ant-man got some decent laughs at my showing, but no one really said anything about Star Wars and BVS. I do think it happens that people expect humor for all marvel films at this point, and marvel puts it in full force. I felt Age of Ultron would have probably been better without all the one liners.

Introducing our Suicide Squad
Untitled

From left to right:
Adam Beach as Slipknot - trained in the violent use of ropes
Jai Courtney as Boomerang - trained in the violent use of boomerangs
Cara Delevigne as Enchantress - magic user. Dual personality.
Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flagg - hard ass soldier. Team leader.
Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn - Harley, baby. aka Joker's muse.
Will Smith as Deadshot - skilled marksman for hire
Adewale Akinnuoeye-Agbaje as Killer Croc - the muscle. Cannibal.
Jay Hernandez as El Diablo - pyromancer
and at the bottom:
Karen Fukuhara as Katana - not a villain; working with Flagg. Skilled swordswoman

Deadshot in his full gear
Untitled

Shots from today's filming
Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

I had high hopes for Suicide Squad, then they went and casted Will Smith as Deadshot, so looks like another series ruined for me.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

iKhan

Tasuki wrote:

I had high hopes for Suicide Squad, then they went and casted Will Smith as Deadshot, so looks like another series ruined for me.

Will Smith is one of the best actors in the business.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

LaserdiscGal

iKhan wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Will Smith was one of the best actors in the business.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Tasuki

iKhan wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Maybe to you I honestly can't stand him, but that's my opinion.

My Backlog

Offspring

If Will brings half the personality he had in the MiB movies his casting will be a success. I know he's been in quite a few duds recently but he still has the it factor.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

iKhan

Amiibo wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Will Smith was one of the best actors in the business.

His abilities haven't changed (Focus is a great example), he just needs to choose his movies better.

jump

iKhan wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

So what? What matter is "Is he the best actor for Deadshot?" and most people believe not as Smith has a tendency to be himself in his (franchise) films and there's not a lot of cross over with him and Deadshot.

This reminds me of when Affleck was announced as Batman and people kept going on about how he's a great actor as he won multiple Oscars but ignored they weren't actually for acting.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

shingi_70

Can't wait for Gotham to hit Netflix so I can watch it one big binge. The cop and crime stuff is what draws me toward it.

Now the Flash has had a near perfect first season. The CG on Grodd was so good and when hr blocked the super sonic punch you knew he was a force to be reckoned with.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

shingi_70 wrote:

Can't wait for Gotham to hit Netflix so I can watch it one big binge. The cop and crime stuff is what draws me toward it.

Now the Flash has had a near perfect first season. The CG on Grodd was so good and when hr blocked the super sonic punch you knew he was a force to be reckoned with.

Agreed. I can't wait to see what they have in store with Grodd.

My Backlog

iKhan

arronishere wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

So what? What matter is "Is he the best actor for Deadshot?" and most people believe not as Smith has a tendency to be himself in his (franchise) films and there's not a lot of cross over with him and Deadshot.

This reminds me of when Affleck was announced as Batman and people kept going on about how he's a great actor as he won multiple Oscars but ignored they weren't actually for acting.

Part of being a good actor is being able to portray different personas. Some of Smith's best work has been in non-franchise films where he has played a very different character like Muhammad Ali or Chris Garner.

Also, with Superhero villains, a lot of their value comes from their unique interpretation in their particular medium. Kingpin has never been close to the character portray by Vincent D'Onofrio in Daredevil, but the character brought so much to the table people didn't care. We could very much see the same situation with Deadshot, with him taking on Smith's typical style of a sarcastic troll who doesn't really give a crap.

Tasuki

I am kinda wondering if they have a Green Lantern CW series in mind to go with Flash and Arrow. They have been making alot of Green Lantern refrences on both shows as of late. I also think that a Green Lantern tv show might be the way to go to take that horrible taste out of everyone's mouth left from the movie.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic