Forums

Topic: Doctor Who

Posts 101 to 104 of 104

Peek-a-boo

@Matty2310 Thought it was great, personally.

The Doctor Who Christmas shows are always a mixed bag; one or two are very good, a handful are passable seasonal entertainment at best and the rest are bargain basement dross.

Thankfully, last nights episode is part of a minuscule pool of 'very good' Christmas specials!

It was nice to see Nardole again, even if he is mostly there as a pantomime dame of sorts, and the chemistry between Grant/The Ghost/The Nanny and Lucy was really good.

I also loved the whole scene when The Doctor was explaining how Clark Kent and Superman are one and the same person to Grant as a young kid whilst leafing through the comic.

"But Lois Lane doesn't know!"

As much as I liked David Tennant and Matt Smith, last nights episode only reenforced my opinion that Peter Capaldi is the best Doctor for years. His expressions and quips alone harks back to the Doctor Who of old.

I will miss him when he goes...

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Haruki_NLI

@Peek-a-boo Last night felt great. Nardole is also out full-time alien companion for Series 10.

I enjoyed the connection to River and the half head aliens from last year. Weird seeing a superhero but it worked.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

the_shpydar

I loved this year's Christmas episode, it really made for a great love letter to the Christopher Reeve Superman movies. The whole episode had that sort of upbeat charm that has made the DW Christmas Specials so much fun over the years.

And while i too loved both Tenant and Smith as The Doctor, i really have enjoyed Capaldi's portrayal (especially in the last few episodes of last season). Sadly, I'm betting he's going to be gone soon, maybe even at the end of this coming season (coinciding with Moffat leaving the show). At most, i figure he'll be done after Season 11.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.