Forums

Topic: Coronavirus outbreak

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,548

Captain-N

@JoeDiddley I'll be praying for you, & your family.

JaxonH wrote:

That all being said, just from my own perspective, God commanded man to multiply and subdue the earth. So I don’t believe there’s a problem with mankind doing exactly that...

In any case, I’m really starting to worry about this coronavirus as I see more and more reports of younger people dying. I don’t know what’s going on but something doesn’t seem right, just doesn’t seem to match up with the early reports out of China. Ralizah can you speak more on this blood type thing? I checked out the links you dropped but I didn’t notice anything about blood type.

I agree with you, in belief of Jesus Christ, that population is not the issue, & about the environment. As for the virus infecting young, I think it can be attributed to a variety of factors. Young people like to live hard, & fast. Workaholics, poor dietary intake over prolonged periods. Stuff of that nature. Under normal circumstances, these conditions would be taxing enough on a young body, though not necessarily noticeable (to that person, and/or others). Add in the effects of Covid-19, both documented, as well as undocumented. The young person might diagnose themselves to have something minor, or get a misdiagnoses from someone else, possibly even a top-notch doctor. Mistakes can happen. The infected person then takes a medication, or continues their poor dietary intake that only worsens the problem. So on, & so forth...

Captain-N

kkslider5552000

@NEStalgia Uh you make some good points, but you need to stop ignoring factual information presented to you in order to repeat exaggerated (if not entirely non-existent) ideas that are often used to justify dead poor people over billionaires who are either responsible for or could fix dramatically various world wide issues but choice not to for fear of merely being millionaires. kthx

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NEStalgia

@JaxonH My snarky answer to how to decide how many people are too many is to take another look at your graphs. This is the result of crossing that boundary.

My serious, thoughtful answer is that when the population outgrows it's ability to be sustained by the world around it in symbiosis, it is overgrown. We can't actually sustain the numbers without synthetic methods of food production/enhancement, many of which involve giving poisons to all to stretch the food supply to maximum - and even that isn't going to be enough in 35 years when the food shortage is expected due to population. Human population only blew up when these synthetic methods started supporting them. Population is also too large when the competition for resourses and a "place" causes acute conflict of interest. And when artificial density that few would choose is required simply to fit everyone. Recall also that, as with cattle, the space each human needs in raw land is not just a shoebox apartment of 4 walls in a plague ridden high rise. But also the acreage to grow their food. Something we are increasingly removing to build more shoebox high rises to fit everyone. Everyone would fit in Jacksonville? India doesn't even fit in India.

Broadly, population is too large when the population growth degrades the human condition rather than enhances it.

God may have said to multiply, but he never said anything about recklessly consuming all resourses to consume, then moving on for new ones to consume, and multiplying until all is consumed. That's the definition of a virus. And he never said he wouldn't be pruning the overgrowth.

Historically whenever population is overgrown, it is always pruned back via either manmade it natural methods. Population pressure creates war which does it. But weve had peace. When that happens nature always takes over via plague or famine. Always. Part of the natural cycle. The more people, the more effective a disease.

Even without this disease, there were too many people for a functional, stable world. And it soon was going to fall apart, though moreso near the equator anyway. But after this, even if it doesn't prove tremendously deadly in the end, the collapse of a lot of that synthetic support of large numbers through the collapse of industry is going to show us very quickly how artificial our support on the current outsize population actually was. The disease is only the tip of the iceberg of what just happened. The world we knew last month is gone completely, and most of what we knew, with it. Even if it takes a few years to flush the remnants of the illusion of it. 8 billion people and nothing for them to do. Or 6.8 billion.

As for the young, I'd read before it was 40% 20-50 age group, so that's not entirely new, it just defies the media "don't panic" spin. Which is silly because then they want everyone to panic to get them to take it seriously.

@cotillion ouch, Canada sounds even less prepared than the us. That's not good. That's how Italy happened. We at least somewhat (badly) heeded their warnings. If Canada didn't that's bad.

@kkslider5552000 not actually sure what you're talking about, honestly.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

HistoricKombat

@NEStalgia

The only information that should be public is what are the doctors and government are doing. Health officials are already in the right direction towards a vaccine, which is unfortunately still a ways off. The U.S. Government on the other hand, I am concerned Trump will try to "open America" too soon including easing social distancing and packing churches on Easter Sunday based on Trump's gut feeling and nothing else, that could be a catastrophe but I think Heath officials should make that call. Right now, numbers are not really much concern except to those who have to use them. It is more important to know what your country is doing to prevent Coronavirus from spreading and treating COVID-19.

Edited on by HistoricKombat

HistoricKombat

Anti-Matter

Here in my hometown East Java province there are 66 victims of Corona virus. 😱
Untitled
66 cases
4 died
8 recovered

Anti-Matter

JoeDiddley

@Ryu_Niiyama @Ralizah @NEStalgia @Capt_N your thoughts are really appreciated.

I need to catch up on this thread, it’s such an evolving situation and it’s interesting to see how different governments are approaching the crisis. The social impacts on individuals are many and varied too once restrictions are in place.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Ralizah

@Anti-Matter Stay away from other people, little buddy. Be safe.

@JoeDiddley Life is almost unimaginably different now than it was even a month ago. It's surreal how quickly things can change.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Zeldafan79

It sure seems like almost no one is taking this stay home thing seriously. When i go out it's just for food or things i need. I see so many cars out on the streets and there's no way all of them are just driving to places that are essential. It's like nobody cares or they're just shrugging and saying meh it won't happen to me. Oh and you know those touch screen drink machines they have at all the fast food joints? They're still letting people use those like it's perfectly fine. Those things are not helping the situation! Come to think of it if there's a stay at home order why are restaurants still doing carry out? You're not supposed to leave your house but come on in and get a burger to go! Germs for everyone!

Sheesh! We're all gonna die.😒

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

HobbitGamer

@Zeldafan79 Same here, dood. I’m only going to work (in my 3 person annex building), grocery store, and the dump (where I don’t even touch anything). But there’s still cars packed with people riding around.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Cotillion

@NEStalgia It's really stressful to watch a tragedy unfold in real time. We are so far behind getting the virus, we knew what was coming. Politicians and doctors have been warning for weeks, to social distance, to not go out for unnecessary things, to not gather, to help flatten the curve. It's the people. And to be fair, it's probably 50/50 or so. There's a good portion that have been self isolating and taking proper precautions. But that other half.....too many of them are so far removed from the rest of the world. New York, Italy, they may as well be on the moon. Not happening to that extent here, not a problem to so many. The first officially announced case of it in the wild was out of St. Patricks day party. These people gathered in a large group and had a party after being told what was happening and to not gather like that. Another was one who was ordered into quarantine after travel, but tried to back to work to a major grocery store. Now that store is shut down and most of the staff in on quarantine. Its all stuff that could have easily avoided if it weren't for mind-numbing stupidity.
We never would have stopped it, but we could have eased the burden on our healthcare system by flattening it out some.

Cotillion

darkfenrir

Well another problem is that telling people to self-quarantine without giving the support to do so is stupid. (This is applying to those who are working btw, not those that go out to party who is super stupid and should be fined or something because of that)

>told to do self quarantine
>job is telling you to come work
>of course you have to go????

Another possibility
>people that can only work day-by-day (laborers for example)
>people that has to go out for their work

There's a lot of things that can go wrong, and to just keep saying STAY HOME is kinda... hard? Not everyone can do it because of financial reason as the biggest.

darkfenrir

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
This isn’t the first virus to spread around the planet and it certainly won’t be the last. Plagues and disease been around since the dawn of time. This is just the first time you’ve personally lived through one so your recency bias makes it seem like it’s some new phenomena that’s evidence of something it’s not.

And things here are made to be consumed. That’s why they were put here in the first place for our benefit. We’re not running out of farmland so much as idiotic regulations are interfering. The issue you’re referring to, such as India, seems like a city issue more than a space issue. Lots of cities have poor conditions.

Sure seems like as population increases, so does the probability of a technological breakthrough, and so does the standard of living. The data speaks for itself as the population has increased from just 1 billion to 8 billion

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Nintenarms
Not arguing there. But that’s an effect of modern technology. Air travel. Motor vehicles. Etc. For all the benefits they’ve brought us, this is definitely a downside.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

gcunit

So... let's just keep pumping air into the balloon God gave us. He gave us the balloon, he gave us the air... let's get pumping!

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

HistoricKombat

@Zeldafan79

I know how you feel, I work for Goodwill Industries and the managers have to keep donation centers open because most donors are so selfish, they donate whether or not the sites are closed. Further, Tennessee laws forbid from donations from piling up due to health concerns. I am more concerned of my manager's safety while I'm at home. I even went over there to see if she was alright and offered to help. People should be going out for groceries if they are not working for an essential business, and that's it.

Edited on by HistoricKombat

HistoricKombat

JaxonH

There's being a good steward, and then there's crazed obsession and bankrupting nations in an effort to nudge a needle one tiny smidge.

Combative quips with hyperbolic metaphors dont change minds. Certainly won't change mine. I am always open to hearing a rational arguments and I try to always keep an open mind if someone wants to present a case to change my mind. But I’m not receptive to mockery, or people who don’t respect the opinions of others when they don’t mesh with their own. I haven’t let emotion override anything I’ve said to mock or ridicule the beliefs of others, even if I believe it’s utter stupidity and a waste and will ultimately do incredible damage, and I expect the same in return, even if you think my beliefs are stupid and will do damage.

What’s important is to learn how to respect others opinions, especially those you disagree with, without letting emotion rule what you say.

Edited on by JaxonH

Eel

Let’s please keep religion (and heavy amounts of politics) out of this discussion, or else I will have to close the thread.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

I've mostly been keeping to my house. I'm more than capable of working from home and, as an introvert, generally don't get out of the house more than I have to and try to stay out of the space of others (I have minor Agoraphobia and like my own space, thanks). Other than a grocery run, dropping by my parents' place for something, and a brief appointment this week, I haven't been around people much. But....

I have been getting outside to exercise. My house isn't the most ideal space for it (believe me, I've tried), and it just isn't the same as getting outdoors. I've been trying to steer clear of people, of course; half the time I've been going to a school that can only be accessed via the highway and walking the concrete pavement surrounding it. Other times I've been walking through more deserted areas of the nearby town where there are sidewalks. I occasionally do meet someone when walking, but I try to give them their space.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic