Forums

Topic: Coronavirus outbreak

Posts 1,541 to 1,548 of 1,548

NinChocolate

@Fizza I think taking the masking guidelines seriously (a decent medical grade mask handled with some thought) goes a long way. Diligence likely won’t eliminate exposure, but it can reduce it, thereby affecting severity in many cases. I think that escapes a lot of people and it’s either all or nothing with infection

NinChocolate

Pizzamorg

So it finally happened - I tested positive for Covid today.

Felt like I was put under a lot of pressure from a lot of the rhetoric, so I made a rare exception and went out for a meal with a bunch of friends. I have gone out during the pandemic, but mostly when I was abroad with my family, as I frankly feel their the response to Covid has been much better than the UK's fairly nonchalant, shrug of the shoulders, response. However, despite living as a borderline hermit for the last two years, only really venturing out to do some exercise, I still pulled the card.

Funnily enough it seems like I was the only one who got Covid in our group, but I assume it has to be that meal where I caught it, because I didn't go anywhere within the timescale to catch it before then unless I like caught it off some mail or something? Although I know a fair amount of mystery still remains around who catches it and why, with whole households getting infected bar one stories circulating all over the place.

I guess it was only a matter of time and I feel blessed to be triple jabbed, as I am on day four of symptoms and feel pretty human again already. I had two days were it was like I had a bad cold, but otherwise I am okay. I dread to think what might have happened had I not been, given I have both asthma and sinus issues.

Probably the worst symptom for me and a symptom I don't see a lot of people talking about, is since I started developing symptoms, I can no longer sleep properly. I have these really vivid dreams, the kind where you are aware you are dreaming, so I am just restlessly tossing and turning. Constantly waking up. Waking up with my bed absolutely soaked through in sweat, so I have to get up and change all the bedding. And when you're not able to properly rest, it just makes everything else seem worse.

Honestly though, I think the real fear for people in my age group, who aren't necessarily at risk directly, are around the mostly unknown long term side effects. With some people having their lives completely altered by it, just by getting it once. I guess I will have to see what happens over the next three months and beyond.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Life to the living, death to the dead.

WoomyNNYes

Covid case numbers are moving toward low risk in my region, and less people are wearing masks. I want to stop wearing my mask when it's not necessary. However, occasionally, I drive a neighbor/friend of the family to dialysis (the building is mandatory masks because of cancer patients). She's 80ish, was even my sixth grade teacher. And, my sister in law just got diagnosed with cancer for a second time, very healthy eater, exerciser (diagnose early, fortunately). It's honestly amazing how many people I know that are young and healthy, and have gotten cancer. My buddy, a very avid skier, was diagnosed with cancer at 30-ish. A bmx ramp riding acquaintance, strapping lad in his mid 20s, died of cancer. If you still see people with masks when it doesn't seem necessary, I think it's possible a good number of these people may have family/friends that have cancer or immunity issues. It's just that now, the pandemic has made these people more easy to spot.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

TommyTendo

Everything is opened up here now. No masks or 1 meter rule or anything.
I had covid about a month ago, and I'm mostly fine again. The only thing is I still get tired much more easily, and I get sleepy much earlier. I go to bed at around 9PM instead of the usual 11PM/Midnight.

TommyTendo

Pizzamorg wrote:

Probably the worst symptom for me and a symptom I don't see a lot of people talking about, is since I started developing symptoms, I can no longer sleep properly. I have these really vivid dreams, the kind where you are aware you are dreaming, so I am just restlessly tossing and turning. Constantly waking up. Waking up with my bed absolutely soaked through in sweat, so I have to get up and change all the bedding. And when you're not able to properly rest, it just makes everything else seem worse.

Oh yeah, that was annoying. I felt like I dreamt the same thing on repeat for like 20-30 times, and I woke up and was super warm and sweaty. Lasted for about 5 days or so.

Pizzamorg

TommyTendo wrote:

Pizzamorg wrote:

Oh yeah, that was annoying. I felt like I dreamt the same thing on repeat for like 20-30 times, and I woke up and was super warm and sweaty. Lasted for about 5 days or so.

Wow, so that happened to you as well? I had the looping dream issue too. Mine only lasted about three days and I have been able to mostly sleep as normal again since.

Honestly, I had what felt like a pretty bad cold for two days and then the symptoms eased off considerably. I guess the benefit of the three vaccines. Weirdly in the three days following, I have just stayed the same. Have mild cold symptoms (occasional cough, stuffy nose, foggy head) that seem to not be getting any worse but not really going anywhere, either.

I am sorry to hear about your lack of energy, I do understand that is one form of long covid. Hopefully in the coming weeks that'll start to ease off. I seemed to always be tired all the time before Covid, so I wouldn't probably notice much difference.

Eel

Insomnia and strange dreams, and sweatiness are some of the symptoms that often come up with the full blown infection, I assume it’s mostly due to the affected breathing, and high temperature making you hallucinate a little.

Good to hear your symptoms were short lived, my brother was unable to sleep properly for weeks.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Pizzamorg

Eel wrote:

Insomnia and strange dreams, and sweatiness are some of the symptoms that often come up with the full blown infection, I assume it’s mostly due to the affected breathing, and high temperature making you hallucinate a little.

Good to hear your symptoms were short lived, my brother was unable to sleep properly for weeks.

Yeah, you have to count your blessings where you get them I suppose. Would have rather not had Covid, but I am glad so far at least it wasn't anything more than a medium.

I definitely did feel worse during the night, I guess cause you are laying on your back, not taking in any fluids etc and if you are then losing fluid through sweat it is probably not a healthy cycle.

I am sorry to hear it affected your brother worse. I hope they fully recover.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic