Forums

Topic: Black Friday 2023

Posts 21 to 40 of 54

Fizza

First wave of the Black Friday eShop sale is live (at least here in EU/UK) and good lord there are some WILD discounts already.

the Konami Anniversary Collections being €2 each is a personal highlight for me because god: that is incredibly funny

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Tasuki

Zuljaras wrote:

I will be hunting for a good laptop to replace my current one as it is 8 years old now I do not know much about the current gen gaming laptops but 32GB RAM, intel i7 and RTX 4060 will do. Also, an SSD as I am still running things on an HDD and it is frustrating
And in between I might look for some cheap games

I was just about to ask for suggestions for a gaming laptop myself. I mainly want one to play World of Warcraft Classic with some friends but I don't know **** about currently laptops.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Zuljaras

@Tasuki Currently I am looking at Acer - Nitro 5 AN515-58-74HY, 15.6'', i7, 32GB/1TB

RTX 4060 at the price of 1300$ which is kind of fine. Otherwise, it is around 1700$.

Here we do not get the US Black Friday discounts

Funny thing is that I also want it for World of Warcraft mainly with some video editing capabilities.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Tasuki

@Zuljaras Yeah I have been looking around myself but to be honest it doesn't help since I haven't owned a PC in about 10 years. Just want something to run WoW and Heroes of Might and Magic 3. I have my Series X and Switch for all other games.

My Backlog

GalaxicGlobe

Waiting for the US sales.

Space and Games are similar. Space is endless and new stuff is out there waiting to be discovered. Games are always being made but the creativity is different from one game to another and so many more ideas still haven't been imagined or created yet. (That came out better than expected lol)

Switch Friend Code: SW-1116-1320-6156

Xyphon22

This might not be the best place to ask this (feel free to redirect me to a proper thread) but does anyone know a good video capturing setup for the Switch to look for that won't break the bank? My son likes making videos, and like every 11-year-old nowadays wants to be a YouTuber when he grows up. He mostly does Minecraft on his PC but has recently gotten into doing Pokemon Scarlet but he just points his phone at the TV and records that way, not an ideal setup for very good quality videos.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Servbot_EJ

If the US eShop sales are going to be anything similar to the one in Europe, maybe I'll go for Sonic Superstars.

Servbot_EJ

XandertheWise

i wish Black Friday sales were going on today instead of next week.

Id love to order a game that goes on sale next week but it would arrive by Fed Ex which Ill be out of town for Thanksgiving. Mortal Kombat 1 for Switch goes on sale next week for 40 bucks. I wont be around when Fed Ex arrives so I had to order it today which is good enough. That way I can wait for the game to come this weekend that way Im at my own place to wait for the Fed Ex guy to arrive etc

XandertheWise

Tasuki

@Zuljaras Yeah other then the games I want to play I won't be using it for.other games but, I am sure my son will.

My Backlog

Magician

Moonscars, Trek to Yomi, and Elderand for $60. Not bad.

Master Detective and Jack Jeanne are 20% off, which isn't a deep enough discount for me.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Zuljaras

Got a laptop for gaming and projects, Gotham Knights (PS5) in steelbook for 20$, LEGO Star Wars Skywalker Saga (Switch) at 60% discount and Octopath Traveller II (Switch) at 50% Discount.

It was a good Black Friday for me

Edited on by Zuljaras

card-crunch78

I avoid Black Friday like the plague. In 2018 I went to Target just to get a pizza for dinner, right? SUPER long line, barely managed to get home without it thawing completely.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Fizza

The 2nd wave of Black Friday/Cyber Monday eShop deals have just gone live as of today (both in UK/EU and NA) and I gotta say: it's actually looking pretty good!

You have the typical 33%-ers that we've all come to expect from Nintendo sales these days (with a couple of first-time sales within it like Fire Emblem Engage, Bayonetta 3 and others) alongside some pretty great deals in general like Metroid Prime Remastered going on sale for the first time to €28, a bunch of id games like Doom and Quake going down to ridiculous prices and, perhaps most surprisingly of all, Tunic is getting it's first ever eShop sale as well!

Overall, while it doesn't affect my eShop spending plans too much, I might try and finegle a few things around in order to try and grab Tunic because man: that'd be a great one to get for someone like me who can't get enough of classic 2D Zelda

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Eel

Since Amazon has Black Friday deals already, I made some gift-shopping.

Learning toys for the nephew, a ridiculously huge Rainbocorn egg for the niece... An LOL OMG doll for the other niece... Sigh why are toys so expensive even on discount.

Gaming related, I got Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Houses (for my brother) for $20. I think that's a nice deal!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Plusle_and_Minun

@Xyphon22
I don' know which region you're in, but in the US, Amazon sells hdmi capture cards for around 20$. My sister bought one from them once and recommends it, although I can't find the exact one she has since it's sold out, but she said the brand was PWAY.

Even if you can't find one from PWAY, there are plenty of reviews for other brands, so you might find something you'll like.

Plusle_and_Minun

NintendoByNature

Grabbed a haul.

On switch:

• metal gear solid collection
  • trinity trigger

On xbox:

• control ultimate edition

NintendoByNature

Sunsy

Bought a Trolls shirt that was on sale for $15 today, normally $25. I usually just wear character shirts so I buy them all online since it's the only way to get an adult size and usually pay around $20-$25, so it's nice to get a good deal on one. Just have to wait for this to get delivered.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

blindsquirrel

I bought a few movies:
Justice League vs Teen Titans
Teen Titans the Judas Contract
Death of Superman
Reign of Supermen

Other than that, not much. I feel like the deals were pretty mediocre. Since every store needs to do their sales over an entire month, they can’t do the good old 80% off deals anymore.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic