Forums

Topic: Black Friday 2023

Posts 41 to 54 of 54

Eel

Bought a whole lot more little trinkets and gifts for Christmas today. Sigh, nothing for me, unfortunately.

The highlight of the night was a big Mickey Mouse squishmallow for secret Santa.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

I only got the 2 really cheap Konami collections which I didn't already have (Arcade, Contra). Disc PS5 + FFXVI for £389.99 was tempting (it's a really good deal and the new PS5 model looks a lot more ugly than the heavily discounted old model) but I can't justify buying another console outside of Switch 2 when I have so many Switch games to play.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano agreed. I also considered a PS5, but after I added an Xbox last black Friday, I'm swimming in games to play between these 2 systems. I'd essentially only be able to play the big games and not have time for some of the smaller games that release in between the big stuff.

NintendoByNature

Servbot_EJ

I wasn't planning on getting anything, but as usual I caved and bought Sonic Superstars. The discount wasn't anything major, but I'm satisfied. It's a fun game!

Servbot_EJ

Tasuki

Well, I manged to get me laptop, and upgrade both my bedroom TV and front room TV, I can't wait to play my gamed on them. Also got a few controllers for some family members for their gifts. Might pick up a few games, but I want to see first.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Fizza

Well, it took nearly 2 weeks but I think I finally have my eShop splurge list sorted for the current Black Friday sales. I'll show it off once I've actually done the spending proper but if you've seen my forum posts as of late, chances are you'll probably be able to guess most of them.

also I'm going to be very annoyed if they suddenly announce that something like Scott Pilgrim Vs The World: The Game is on sale tomorrow but I guess that's the risk I'm willing to take at this point XD

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature In the end, irrelevant of whether I got one I would've still prioritized potential of Switch/Switch successor releases over the other systems. Batman Arkham Trilogy describes my strategy well as I barely touched the trilogy on XB1 (played Asylum + City on 360 and a bit of Asylum on XB1) even though I own it because the Switch version was rumoured and then the rumour eventually turned out to be real.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

Because I spent a lot of money the past week or so, the only Black Friday thing I got was Gris on the eShop.

Might get something on Monday, might not, there's only a handful of games I want to buy soon, and they're basically all recent games so I doubt there'd be a lot of particularly worthwhile deals.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

D20Nat20

i got magic the gathering game nighr(5 full decks each a mono colour and it has tokens,life dice and counters too) rrp £45 i got it for £22

D20Nat20

D20Nat20

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@NintendoByNature In the end, irrelevant of whether I got one I would've still prioritized potential of Switch/Switch successor releases over the other systems. Batman Arkham Trilogy describes my strategy well as I barely touched the trilogy on XB1 (played Asylum + City on 360 and a bit of Asylum on XB1) even though I own it because the Switch version was rumoured and then the rumour eventually turned out to be real.

I use my switch for exclusives tbh or if it has no ps5/sx version) ps5 when i get one again is fornext gen stuff and exclusives xbox for 360 and exclusives

Pc/steam deck is my most under used console as pc gaming is never ever pick up n play as i'll use a steam controller plus if said game is on console why bother

D20Nat20

card-crunch78

Apparently stores are trying to sucker cash by claiming their prices are "lowered", when in actuality the price never changed (as the original tag is behind the Black Friday tag), at least in Target so far (and I only heard about this on TikTok); I never did any shopping that day, unless you count me getting a McDonald's meal for "Fast Food Friday".

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Eel

Went and bought Sonic Origins Plus while it’s still on sale on the eShop.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

FishyS

Wolfleaf wrote:

Celeste (digital) - £4.49 plus had some gold points to use.
I’ve always been intrigued by this one despite being terrible at precision platformers. Glad I got it though as it just seems to click (so far!) and it helps that it doesn’t make you backtrack when you make a mistake.

Celeste has an undeserved reputation for being super hard. I mean, 100%-ing all the post-game stuff is very hard, but the actual core game itself is pretty laid back if you don't mind some deaths. Stick with it, it's a fun game even for non-platformer-experts. Plus there are tons of difficulty settings if a part is ever too hard. It's a shame the reputation keeps some people away.

Wolfleaf wrote:

Bayonetta Origins (physical) - £24.95.
I still haven’t played any of the mainline games but absolutely fell in love with this when I played the demo!

Same. Very under-rated game. I am kind of curious about the main games after playing Origins, but I'm hoping there will be a game trial or demo someday. If it wasn't for Mario Wonder, Bayonetta Origins would have been in contention for my favorite game of the year.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic