Forums

Posts 121 to 140 of 151

Machu

That's just beautiful!! I wonder if it will be in the deleted scenes on the DVD. /me crosses fingers ;P

Rawr!

StarBoy91

To see everything in that movie with the 3D glasses was amazing.

To each their own

StarBoy91

I can't believe it. After thirteen years, Titanic has been ousted from it's number one spot! Avatar was a great movie.

To each their own

jaw51

I thought Avatar was great, but it didn't outdo Titanic in my opinion. It definitely deserves best picture, though.

There is no spoon
Welcome to die!

StarBoy91

I still like Titanic, though I am in complete understanding that it may not be for everyone. Apparently the critics' reactions were lopsided; they either loved it or hated it.

To each their own

Sneaker13

I haven't seen Avatar yet, but from the trailers it just seems like another action flick while Titanic was so much more. I think the hype helped the movie a lot. I'm planning to go next week.

I don't really understand how Titanic got beat by Avatar. When you just look at the numbers, sure. But you can't compare a movie from 2009 to a movie from 1997. You've got inflation and ticket prices to consider. The following site gives a much better overview:
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

So Avatar still got some catching up to do.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

Larkin

I cheered for the humans in the movie, is that a bad thing?

Last night I looked up at the stars and thought "Where the hell is my roof gone!?!"

hylianhalcyon

I just saw it yesterday in 3D, and I enjoyed it. It was definitely the most immersive movie I've ever seen, I was disappointed when I had to return to Earth when the movie was done.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

Rensch

I finally checked it out last night. The story was kinda lame, but SWEET JESUS, this movie looks good.

The flying, jellyfish-looking tree seeds that float through the air, are jaw-dropping in 3D and all bioluminescent plants create the most surreal movie world I've ever seen.

Overall it is still an extraordinary movie, just don't go for the story, but to check out the awesome 3D effects. You should watch it in 3D, otherwise you're not doing the movie any justice. It really is a new milestone in special effects like movies such as Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings before it.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Ravage

Sylverstone wrote:

Hey, did anyone hear about the deleted sex scene? I was ROFLing, apparently they do it differently (well, of course they're aliens!)

Untitled

That sounds better than what they did do. I was kind of wondering about the kissing thing before I read that too, it just seemed out of place.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Kid_A

So here's the real question: will Avatar be nominated for best picture in the Oscars this year? Ticket sales don't equate to critical reception, mind you. Avatar, while praised for its visuals, is bashed for it's story which some consider to be a rip off of Pochahontas or other similar stories. I don't share this sentiment--calling it a ripoff is a bit unfair. The movie is clearly trying to be a Western--it in no way tries to hide it so I don't see how it could be a ripoff. I thought the story was brilliant, actually--it took such a generic, even cliche love story and presented it in a magical new way. Since the acadamy raised the amount of possible Best-Picture nominees from 5 to 10 I can see it happening but what do you guys think?

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Trin

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Alien and Aliens are both far better.

Trin

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.