Forums

Topic: Anyone up to making a game?

Posts 241 to 260 of 440

LordJumpMad

I'm working on The Glichies

it needs more Glichies

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Mr_Video

Mr.Video wrote:

Hmmm by chance are you zero from flipnote hatena funky gamer?

NVM XD

Mr_Video

zezhyrule

Funky Gamer wrote:

I'm no expert, not even close. Just 1 question, and this doesn't even relate to our project (well it kinda does, but... you know): Can you make a game similar to Cave Story in Adobe Flash?

Flash? No no no...

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Mabbit

Now that the story is practically settled, we should probably start working on gameplay. What type of game will it be? Metroid style exploration, Mario style basic platforming, "Company of Myself" type puzzle platformer, or Super Meat Boy style bat s*** crazy hard, fast paced action platformer?

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Funky_Gamer

@Everyone who was replied about the flash Q of mine... I was just asking if its possible to make something similar to Cave Story with Flash. In terms of GamePlay, and the Length of the game. I was just asking out of curiosity as I am gaining interest in programming. I know that we're using Delphi and stuff, just had a Question....

@Mr. Video Yes I am the Zero.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

KaiserGX

Mario Style Platformer with lite puzzles, cave areas are more exploration type (very lite as well) but not all. There's a Arcade area with mini games and a bulletin board with challenges posted by other animal friends and a Arena-Dome where you can fight all the bosses again or Boss Rush. Basically you beat their high scores, do challenges and some are Super Player stages that are incredibly difficult to beat.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Sylverstone

KaiserGX wrote:

Mario Style Platformer with lite puzzles, cave areas are more exploration type (very lite as well) but not all. There's a Arcade area with mini games and a bulletin board with challenges posted by other animal friends and a Arena-Dome where you can fight all the bosses again or Boss Rush. Basically you beat their high scores, do challenges and some are Super Player stages that are incredibly difficult to beat.

Sounds good there, Kaiser. Just went over each page of the thread, great job so far!

I'm still wondering if you guys are alright with what you have or if it's okay to lend a hand with anything.
I'm no programmer yet in a process of teaching myself, but I am an established writer of sorts, so I could help you with your story, if necessary.

- Sylverstone Khandr

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

Xkhaoz

@briunji04 I've already made a cave/ice level VGM, and I'll probably make a few more.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Raylax

Xkhaoz wrote:

@briunji04 I've already made a cave/ice level VGM, and I'll probably make a few more.

I'd work on the cave/ice vgm some more first.

I'm gonna break out Rymtic and see if I can cook anything up too. Probably not, but I've nothing better to do atm xD

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Raylax

I made this a while ago. It's made mostly out of editted pre-built samples and nowhere near finished. I didn't really know where to go with it after where it ends, so xD

I'm trying to build a track from scratch now without using any samples, which is... really hard. And slow work.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Xkhaoz

@Raylax I made a new improved version. Kaiser said it's great he'll probably use it. BTW that Rythmik track is great.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

shinesprite

I'm planning on doing some sketching over the weekend. No promises, but if it turns out well, I'll post a few pics.

Also, I've been thinking about NL references and am wondering how flexible the latter parts of the storyline are. For instance, we could add a certain villainous chicken who always gets the short end of the stick!

Another idea would be to have doors every so often which require you to beat a mini-game in order to progress. Ultimately, you would only be required to play 2-3 levels of each type of game, but you could go to the arcade to play more.

Also, when traversing through the facility in-between spheres, employees could flee from their desks in terror, leaving everything they were doing open. Some computers would reveal metroid-esq scan data, others could give insight into the company's mysterious past-current leader, while still others (people gaming instead at working ) would unlock additional levels to the mini-games in the arcade. Finally, you could find the surveillance room and turn off the cameras for the sphere you just beat (making revisiting areas easier).

shinesprite

shinesprite

@All I thought of a few things to try sketching, but before I do I want to know: Are we going for a cutesy mario game look, or a blend of different styles? I've been leaning towards a cave story-ish happy medium, one that isn't so cute that it misses the negative impacts of Bio-Tech, but also not gloomy enough to show too much suffering.

Edited on by shinesprite

shinesprite

Mr_Video

This game sounds interesting...I have a few ideas for games sometimes I could share them with you guys.

Mr_Video

Yai

Wow.. I missed a lot. I want to warn you now, 3D is not an area I am confident in. The DirectX engine I wrote in Delphi does support it but its very very basic. I used it for fast rendering of 2D with effects like morphing.

Yai

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3356-2346 | Twitter:

Funky_Gamer

@Kaiser I think that you can program a cutscene to play.

@Mr. Video Well, we've already established a story line, but feel free to share your ideas. "No idea is a bad idea." I Strongly disagree with that quote but whatever...

Edited on by Funky_Gamer

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

TLink9

@Kaiser do you think we could use isometric pixel art for the game. Also what are we making this for wiiware(I wish )

That is TLinkerbell to you!
[17:17] theblackdragon: considering i have neither an xbox nor a ps3 :3
[17:17] Corbie: Nintendo fangirl alert!!!!
[17:17] James Newton: Uh oh
The James Ne...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.