Forums

Topic: Anyone up to making a game?

Posts 221 to 240 of 440

Funky_Gamer

Hey recently I came up with quite a few more ideas. Kaiser already knows most of them, and I'll leave them up to him to decide what to put in or to keep out, but here are a few of my ideas. (Please don't bash me just for having an idea)

• Bio-Tech learns how to control, genetcially engineer (or) combine animals (which later are your rivals).
  • Instead of JUST animal side-kicks we could have a rebelious construction worker.
  • We can have many references to NL (exculding anything copyright or not "legal")
  • Bio-Tech trys to take over the world with their mutated animals. (Is this too unoriginal?)
  • We could include mini puzzles or minigames (Minigames was Kaiser's Idea).
  • Bio-Tech starts to not only test on animals but also on humans... (Just came up with that now!)

I have a few more, but I figured that either (1) their probably already gonna be included in the game (ex: multiple side-kicks) or (2) Just sounds dumb, useless, cheezy, or copying from some other game.

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

Mabbit

(Totally unrelated to the above comment)
I was just wondering if WarioWare D.I.Y. tracks could be transferred to a computer? If so, then there are a lot of people that are viable for the music part, if not, we may need to get someone like GabeGreens to do the music. (As a last resort, I know how to create chiptunes on "Famitracker" which is a computer program, but I'm not that good)

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

shinesprite

@Funky Gamer I like your idea about experimenting on humans. However, Bio-Tech sounds like the kind of organization which would experiment on the human race without their (the people's) awareness (polluting the water supply perhaps). This could be another goal (to save humanity from something they originally started, before its too late). Following this line of reasoning, the most advanced cases of mutation could be the bosses.

shinesprite

Funky_Gamer

@Bruinj oh yeah, all u need is a microphone.

SonicMaster

Ooh, yes, some very good ideas, Funky. I was especially interested in the NL references . OMG! Just came to me- a character of my classic avatar (aka this)!

SonicMaster

Funky_Gamer

@CharlieMaster thank you! Um, I'm not sure if we could reference that as this will be an 8-bit game, and because it resembles sonic, but we could do our best. Depending if Kaiser agrees. Also I sure do wonder where you came up with such a great idea about a Rabbit named Charlie! Cough

@Shinesprite yes, I was thinking something very similar. They would be doing it in a very sneaky fashion, then have a big strike if they were to attack the world.

And my bro is interested in the graphics. He'll probably make em in flipnote studio then leave it up to one of us to edit into better colors. And I may be able to work on some sound effects. We don't have the best mic, but for Beta testing it'll work.

Edited on by Funky_Gamer

UNC5052

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but I could be of assistance when testing the game or writing a manual or just offering any ideas I have.

PSN- UNC5052

Pod

I am a 3D modeller and concept artist. I'd like to do a little couple somethings for the project.

Check me out on pm-portfolio.blogspot.com

Pod

ColtTheNotsoEpicGamR

sorry I havent posted alot recently guys I've had alot of schoolwork and stuff.anyways the story seems alot more cleard up now I'll be more active at the weekend when I'm more relaxed cya

-Colt

shinesprite

@briunj04 Try this: How to Get Your Musical Creations Off Your DS.

@Kaiser you need to know one of the major programming languages (especially how it works with the game development software you've chosen). Might I suggest Blender (for 3D modeling) and theUnity game engine. The reason I recommend unity is because it easily allows you to run games in flash: example

If you want to go 3D, might I suggest 8-Bit 3d. See prime example.

However, if you want to stick with 2D and have it run in flash, you should consult someone like pixelman.

shinesprite

SonicMaster

What? No, no, no, no, no. This is a 2D, 8 bit project. No 3D things needed- that would just complicate it.

SonicMaster

Funky_Gamer

Maybe we could have teh cutscenes in 3D? Or if we wanted to keep teh game a certain style, then we could do something that relates to teh game, but isn't part of the game itself

KaiserGX

The cut scenes could be a good idea... from the looks of it Pod seems to be really good with animation. I just wish I could find a way to make the styles blend. Going from 3D cut scenes to 8bit seems like a weird transition. Unless you can find me a game that does that.

I was on Pod's site and I noticed this. Pod you think you could try to make a 3D model of this to see how it would look? I really like the jumpsuit look... you think we could use this for the Squirrel design?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_C2HOso7Ry_Q/TMN73AZuGiI/AAAAAAAAAXA...

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Funky_Gamer

I'm no expert, not even close. Just 1 question, and this doesn't even relate to our project (well it kinda does, but... you know): Can you make a game similar to Cave Story in Adobe Flash?

Mr_Video

Hmmm by chance are you zero from flipnote hatena funky gamer?

Mr_Video

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.