Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 2,161

blaisedinsd

Unca_Lz wrote:

blaisedinsd wrote:

It would be great if these NFC figurines were like memory cards back in the gamecube day. Wii U save game management is a mess and needs improving.

Hard drives work

Hard drives work but lock your saves to your console and will not let you back up only save data. Digital games it backs up the entire game. Disc games it backs up any patches. 8GB should be plenty big enough for all my save data but it's not.

Not only that but some games have universal saves and others have seperate saves for each user and there is not way to transfer them or back up only certaing saves.

Save game management on the console is a mess and needs improving.

Edited on by blaisedinsd

SW-7087-5868-6390

OmegaMetroid93

Can't you put saves on an SD-card like you could on the Wii? I know you couldn't do it for all games back then, but it was better than nothing.
Besides, that's something they could patch in, so they wouldn't have to make all new memory cards.

Edited on by OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

Octane

Here we go, speculation time!

We know that Nintendo is working on the next Mario game, as usual;
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/04/nintendo_is_working_...

Koizumi, the director of the Super Mario series, stated that he wants to incorporate the GamePad's features a lot more in the next Mario game;
http://www.edge-online.com/news/potential-new-wii-u-mario-gam...

Combine this with the news that Nintendo plans to showcase “multiple games” at E3 that will make greater use of the GamePad than before...;
http://nintendoeverything.com/iwata-further-teases-nintendos-...

...and there's your new installment in the Super Mario series. Is it too soon? I don't know, it depends on the game. Last year Koizumi revealed that a ''open Mario'' (64/Sunshine) is still a consideration if the fans demand it (http://gamerant.com/nintendo-open-world-mario-if-fans-demand/), such game would be a very different experience than 3D World. When? 2014 seems a little too soon, but Galaxy 2 was followed up by 3D Land within a year, so it's definitely possible, although they were on different systems. A 2015 release wouldn't be that strange. And it's Mario, so it'll probably sell well. What do you think?

Edited on by Octane

Octane

cookiex

^Too early IMO.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

OmegaMetroid93

Yeah, I feel like it is too. The reason they could reveal Galaxy 2 so soon after 3D Land was that it was built on the same engine as Galaxy.
A whole new 3D Mario would definitely take longer to get to a presentable state.

OmegaMetroid93

MrV4ltor

Too early for the next Mario. Mario games usually have long legs and I don't think they'd want to cut those by announcing a new one. However they did say that they would be revealing some titles that were in early development... crosses fingers for Metroid

MrV4ltor

Nintendo Network ID: MrValtor | Twitter:

jariw

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Yeah, I feel like it is too. The reason they could reveal Galaxy 2 so soon after 3D Land was that it was built on the same engine as Galaxy.
A whole new 3D Mario would definitely take longer to get to a presentable state.

Galaxy 2 is also the only major game for consoles from the 2 Tokyo EAD groups that wasn't released in the autumn, while their portable game releases seem to be more split between autumn and spring. An autumn 2015 release for the next Wii U release would seem logical.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Octane

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

It is actually the other way around, 3D Land came one year after Galaxy 2. This doesn't mean that 3D Land is developed in a year, as several projects usually develop along side each other. If a Mario game has been in development since summer 2013, a 2015 release is definitely possible. It's just a question whether it is too soon or not? But lately they have releasing a Super Mario game at least every year. So it's likely that something is coming this winter (for 3DS perhaps?) or in 2015.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

MrV4ltor

DestinyMan wrote:

Iwata further teases GamePad-focused title for E3, developed under Miyamoto's guidance

• "Today I only spoke about Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers For Wii U in terms of Wii U software. However, at the E3 event to be held in June in Los Angeles we will discuss other software as well. Also, at that time, we will introduce multiple games that are designed to introduce players to the value of the Wii U Game Pad by demonstrating playstyles only possible because of it. These titles have been developed by internal teams under the guidance of Mr. Miyamoto (Board Member, General Manager of the Development Division). The software titles that we will show at E3, which make use of the GamePad, will range from near complete titles to titles that are early in development, but will demonstrate the titles’ core appeals. We are preparing multiple software like this for the show."

Since he's saying: early titles and near complete titles, I guess that we'll see at least 4 gamepad focused games at E3.

Edited on by MrV4ltor

MrV4ltor

cookiex

DestinyMan wrote:

Iwata further teases GamePad-focused title for E3, developed under Miyamoto's guidance

• "Today I only spoke about Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers For Wii U in terms of Wii U software. However, at the E3 event to be held in June in Los Angeles we will discuss other software as well. Also, at that time, we will introduce multiple games that are designed to introduce players to the value of the Wii U Game Pad by demonstrating playstyles only possible because of it. These titles have been developed by internal teams under the guidance of Mr. Miyamoto (Board Member, General Manager of the Development Division). The software titles that we will show at E3, which make use of the GamePad, will range from near complete titles to titles that are early in development, but will demonstrate the titles’ core appeals. We are preparing multiple software like this for the show."

Miyamoto's new IP!

Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

MrV4ltor

cookiex wrote:

Miyamoto's new IP!

Untitled

There's actually a pretty strong chance that he'll be showing his new game I think that S.T.E.A.M will be one of the gamepad centric games that they will reveal at E3 and it's probably pretty far along in development, hence them trademarking it.

MrV4ltor

cookiex

MrV4ltor wrote:

There's actually a pretty strong chance that he'll be showing his new game

Untitled

cookiex

Jmaster

blaisedinsd wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

blaisedinsd wrote:

It would be great if these NFC figurines were like memory cards back in the gamecube day. Wii U save game management is a mess and needs improving.

Hard drives work

Hard drives work but lock your saves to your console and will not let you back up only save data. Digital games it backs up the entire game. Disc games it backs up any patches. 8GB should be plenty big enough for all my save data but it's not.

Not only that but some games have universal saves and others have seperate saves for each user and there is not way to transfer them or back up only certaing saves.

Save game management on the console is a mess and needs improving.

Ah, you fell into the same trap as me. Save games are never bigger dan 100kB, so you also thought 8GB was enough. Sadly, you effectively get 3GB because of the OS, and some games have large patches (looking at you Nintendoland, 300MB!). Add to that that the USB-ports on the console are undervoltaged so you'll either need an Y-cable and sacrifice 2 ports, or get a way too big, expensive drive with external power. So yeah, data management as a whole needs cleanup. Just stick in an internal hard drive next time, Nintendo!

Also, my predictions"
-I think we'll get at least ONE of the 'lost franchises,' (StarFox, F-Zero, Metroid etc.) maybe two.
-Release date for Smash 3DS, release month for Smash Wii U
-NFP will get a lot of focus, I predict it'll be used in some form in Smash
-Animal Crossing Wii U, using NFP, launching Winter 2014-Spring 2015
-Miyamoto's next project is indeed STEAM, it'll be an FPS. Initial release this year, but it'll get delayed into 2015. Maybe it'll use NFP. Probably on 3DS, but could still be Wii U.
-They'll end on Zelda, the trailer will use the Conan the Barbarian music from TP's reveal trailer.
-There MAY be one last surprise after Zelda. I can't say for sure.

Jmaster

Octane

Jmaster wrote:

Also, my predictions"
-I think we'll get at least ONE of the 'lost franchises,' (StarFox, F-Zero, Metroid etc.) maybe two.
-Release date for Smash 3DS, release month for Smash Wii U
-NFP will get a lot of focus, I predict it'll be used in some form in Smash
-Animal Crossing Wii U, using NFP, launching Winter 2014-Spring 2015
-Miyamoto's next project is indeed STEAM, it'll be an FPS. Initial release this year, but it'll get delayed into 2015. Maybe it'll use NFP. Probably on 3DS, but could still be Wii U.
-They'll end on Zelda, the trailer will use the Conan the Barbarian music from TP's reveal trailer.
-There MAY be one last surprise after Zelda. I can't say for sure.

I wouldn't say Metroid is a ''lost'' franchise, the Prime series did great, and Other M was released just 4 years ago. NFP and Animal Crossing, I like that idea. Wouldn't be surprised if they end up doing something like that.

cookiex wrote:

New rumor: Hyrule Warriors fall 2014, Zelda U spring 2015

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/rumor-hyrule-warriors-to-be...

As I thought, I'd say around May, just like Mario Kart 8, but we'll see. 2014 seems just too early for Zelda U, especially since we haven't seen anything.

Octane

Octane

MrV4ltor wrote:

cookiex wrote:

New rumor: Hyrule Warriors fall 2014, Zelda U spring 2015

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/rumor-hyrule-warriors-to-be...

Doesn't Zeldainformer always post BS rumors like this one at this time of the year?

''It should be noted that none of these sources have been verified by us, including the supposed former Nintendo Treehouse staff member. I've reached out to Nintendo for comment, and to specifically research the former staff member as that could at least clear up one of the sources. At the end of the day, these rumors could be true based on the given timelines, but I would take this with a grain of salt. Rumors run rampant this time of year and we get literally hundreds of emails with supposed claims. Even if true, the sources very well could be fake. This isn't a Remember Zordiana moment for us, just a passing along of information we feel could be true, but we sincerely doubt the validity of the sources.''

Octane

cookiex

DestinyMan wrote:

@Cookiex: Why do you act surprised as Miyamoto's new IP? As I just stated, Miyamoto has been making his new IP for around three years, so I expect to see and hear about it anytime now.

My reaction was less surprise and more overjoy that we'll finally get to see it since he's been teasing us so damn much. I really want to know what it is.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

Octane

cookiex wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

@Cookiex: Why do you act surprised as Miyamoto's new IP? As I just stated, Miyamoto has been making his new IP for around three years, so I expect to see and hear about it anytime now.

My reaction was less surprise and more overjoy that we'll finally get to see it since he's been teasing us so damn much. I really want to know what it is.

Miyamoto decided it was time for a new Metroid game, pulled the old Dinosaur Planet beta from their archives and inserted Samus in the game.

Octane

MrV4ltor

Octane wrote:

cookiex wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Miyamoto decided it was time for a new Metroid game, pulled the old Dinosaur Planet beta from their archives and inserted Samus in the game.

You mean Star Fox, not Metroid right?

MrV4ltor

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.