Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 181 to 200 of 2,161

cookiex

Octane wrote:

Miyamoto decided it was time for a new Metroid game, pulled the old Dinosaur Planet beta from their archives and inserted Samus in the game.

They could've at least taken from something newer like Project H.A.M.M.E.R. Lazy Nintendo. >: (

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Octane

MrV4ltor wrote:

Octane wrote:

cookiex wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

@Cookiex: Why do you act surprised as Miyamoto's new IP? As I just stated, Miyamoto has been making his new IP for around three years, so I expect to see and hear about it anytime now.

My reaction was less surprise and more overjoy that we'll finally get to see it since he's been teasing us so damn much. I really want to know what it is.

Miyamoto decided it was time for a new Metroid game, pulled the old Dinosaur Planet beta from their archives and inserted Samus in the game.

You mean Star Fox, not Metroid right?

Nah, it was a joke..

Edited on by Octane

Octane

shingi_70

Not sure about Zelda U, but Hyrule Warriors will probably be a given seeing its hitting Japan in summer. Guessing late summer early fall for North America.

This E3 and fall seem like it's going to be hard for Nintendo hence why NFC is going to be a big thing. Expect to see them double down on it and the gamepad.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

2Sang

UGXwolf wrote:

I also hear a lot of people saying stuff like "E3 is their last chance!" "This is their last chance!" "Last chance, Nintendo!" As long as Nintendo is still around and supporting the Wii U, no chance is their last chance. Mind you, it's better that they do it sooner than later, but E3 is most certainly not their last chance.

I think it'll be their last chance to sell more consoles than the gamecube. They still could break a profit after e3 (and that's all that matters) but if they don't blow us out of the water, it's going to be very difficult to break even.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

UGXwolf

2Sang wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I also hear a lot of people saying stuff like "E3 is their last chance!" "This is their last chance!" "Last chance, Nintendo!" As long as Nintendo is still around and supporting the Wii U, no chance is their last chance. Mind you, it's better that they do it sooner than later, but E3 is most certainly not their last chance.

I think it'll be their last chance to sell more consoles than the gamecube. They still could break a profit after e3 (and that's all that matters) but if they don't blow us out of the water, it's going to be very difficult to break even.

Cliche as it is, anything can happen. Until they announce a new home console (and I really don't think that's gonna be as soon as people say it'll be), I really don't think anything is their "last chance." I mean, it's still only about a year-and-a-half into its lifespan. Even at the shortest of a five-year life span, that's still 3.5 years to sell the console. (Realistically, that's more like 2 years, as about 1.5 years before the new console launches, they'd have to announce it, but that's not really the point. Two years engulfs the stereotypical "best age" for any home console and I think the Wii U's going to have some really good luck.)

All of that aside, though, obviously, the sooner they give the public a good reason to get the Wii U, the better. They've been dragging their feet with the Wii U in favor of the 3DS. Thankfully, it looks like their about to focus on the 3DS, today. Good news for us.

Any way you look at it, despite my arguments, Nintendo still needs this E3 to be a massive success. The sooner they get mass appeal, the sooner they can fix their failed attempts at marketing.

ON THAT NOTE! Does anyone think it's possible that they may invite PewDiePie to co-commentate the Super Smash Bros. Invitation with someone that actually knows what they're talking about? Pewds have over 25 million subscribers on YouTube. Bringing someone like him to the party would be a great way to sell the new Smash Bros.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Dreamz

UGXwolf wrote:

ON THAT NOTE! Does anyone think it's possible that they may invite PewDiePie to co-commentate the Super Smash Bros. Invitation with someone that actually knows what they're talking about? Pewds have over 25 million subscribers on YouTube. Bringing someone like him to the party would be a great way to sell the new Smash Bros.

Please no. I can't be the only person here who finds him extremely annoying, I hope.

Edited on by Dreamz

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

19Robb92

Dreamz wrote:

Please no. I can't be the only person here who finds him extremely annoying, I hope.

Definitely not.

Not to mention he has a horrible dialect, even for being Swedish.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

UGXwolf

I wasn't talking about what you like. I was talking about what Nintendo's going to do. Whether you like it, or not, PewDiePie is THE most popular YouTuber. He even beats out YouTube's own main channel. Bringing him to the tournament as an endorsement/comedy commentator would get a lot of people looking at Smash 4 Wii U.

I'd call this a likely event, but they're definitely treating the Smash Invitational as a SUPER SERIOUS HARDCORE GAMER EVENT, BRAH so I wouldn't expect or suggest it, but it's still a possibility and it would undoubtedly make the game more popular than it would've been, before.

shingi_70

Didn't ubisoft have a youtube guy a few years back and it fell on its face, the same with gametrailers and I Justine. Being popular or a good presenter on youtube doesn't mean its going to translate to a live event venue where you have to come up with stuff on the fly.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Muyounosuke

UGXwolf wrote:

I wasn't talking about what you like. I was talking about what Nintendo's going to do. Whether you like it, or not, PewDiePie is THE most popular YouTuber. He even beats out YouTube's own main channel. Bringing him to the tournament as an endorsement/comedy commentator would get a lot of people looking at Smash 4 Wii U.

I'd call this a likely event, but they're definitely treating the Smash Invitational as a SUPER SERIOUS HARDCORE GAMER EVENT, BRAH so I wouldn't expect or suggest it, but it's still a possibility and it would undoubtedly make the game more popular than it would've been, before.

I don't think pewdiepie is a good fit, he's really only known for crying while playing survival horror games and I don't really think Smash is his style if they get anyone from youtube it should be someone that knows either nintendo or the fighting game community like TheJWitz or Maximillian.

Muyounosuke

LzWinky

UGXwolf wrote:

As if the game itself wasn't big enough and the tournament as well?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

2Sang

@UGXWolf That would be a REALLY good idea for multiple reasons. First, it would bring in the internet community, second it would be an olive branch to youtube gaming channels. You should work for nintendo, they could use some good ideas given the past few years.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

UGXwolf

Unca_Lz wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

As if the game itself wasn't big enough and the tournament as well?

Compared to the Pewd's subscriber count? Not even close. Like I said, I don't think they'll do this, and honestly, considering the crowd their bringing in, already, that kind of move might alienate core gamers, but those people are already getting the game. Why does Nintendo need to get their attention? It's the people that are isolated by Nintendo's painfully anti-youtuber policies as of late that Nintendo needs to get the attention of. They're far more impulsive and much easier to sway than the core gamers that have already made up their minds about whether or not they want a Wii U for Smash or are just gonna go with the 3DS version. Their focus will come in the Fall, when Sakurai is working exclusively on the Wii U version and can show why those gamers will want both, anyways.

shingi_70

Well the internet communtu will be brought to it wither way since that's sort of how the internet works.

As per trying to get the youtube commuonty they get them anyway since the majority of the gaming youtube scene is LPs and talking about news.

It wouldn't hurt but Nintendo's main problem is they're becoming an increasing irrelevant niche .

It's. Intresting that Nintendo is investing in Nfc which could prove to violate. I'm not sure if retails want yet another chunk of not action figures to sell and what if the bubble bursts this fall. Recall Guitar Hero milking killed rock band and when tony hawk sided every other extreme sports game did as well.

As much as I like the Wii U I've never recommended at all at the store in work in.

WAT!

CanisWolfred

Muyounosuke wrote:

or the fighting game community like TheJWitz or Maximillian.

Yeah, I think someone from the fighting community would be the best fit for a tournament. I don't care how many views they get, a commentator of an event should know what's going on and what he's talking about.

19Robb92 wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

Definitely not.

Not to mention he has a horrible dialect, even for being Swedish.

I remember watching a tournament where a swedish dude was commentating, and this guy was rediculously hard to understand...I had to double check to make sure it wasn't PewDiePie, but a lot of people did compare his way of speaking to him...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

UGXwolf

shingi_70 wrote:

Well the internet communtu will be brought to it wither way since that's sort of how the internet works.

As per trying to get the youtube commuonty they get them anyway since the majority of the gaming youtube scene is LPs and talking about news.

It wouldn't hurt but Nintendo's main problem is they're becoming an increasing irrelevant niche .

It's. Intresting that Nintendo is investing in Nfc which could prove to violate. I'm not sure if retails want yet another chunk of not action figures to sell and what if the bubble bursts this fall. Recall Guitar Hero milking killed rock band and when tony hawk sided every other extreme sports game did as well.

As much as I like the Wii U I've never recommended at all at the store in work in.

Oh, man you are missing the point. For starters, that's not how the Internet works. That's how the Internet Core Gaming Community works. A gaming console has appeal WAY outside of that of the core gamers. This assumes that core gamers make up the majority of gamers, when honestly, they don't even come close to it. As the attitudes in this thread have shown, the core gamers don't really watch PewDiePie. That's an upwards of 26 million people that will see a really cool game and consider getting the console because their favorite YouTube gamer essentially endorsed it by being at the event. What I'm arguing here isn't if the core gamers will like it or if the E3 crowd will be more enticed to buy a Wii U because Pewds was commentating the Smash tournament. What I'm arguing here is that Nintendo could pull in a mostly untapped crowd of potential console gamers buy having the most popular YouTuber of all time endorse the game. On top of that, a slight policy change with the content ID (which isn't really as bad as the YT community makes it out to be, but whatever) and a show of good faith to the YouTubers could seriously upgrade this console's popularity. I don't know if you've noticed, yet, but YouTube is slowly replacing TV in popularity. Having some representatives and friends of Nintendo among the higher ranking channels would bring Nintendo a LONG way out of the pits of being a niche thing. It wouldn't still be niche, if they would try to appeal to the right audiences with the right attitudes.

Besides, you may not be able to recommend the Wii U at work, but I could, because in all my years of gaming, I have never seen so many high quality titles so soon after the console's launch. Last Fall was amazing, and this Fall is shaping up to be equally amazing, if not moreso. People really need to get their heads out of the ground and look at the big picture, rather than just what's coming out in the next few weeks.

LzWinky

Whatever floats your boat. I don't really care about Youtube and I never heard of the guy, so I can't say much on the matter.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

@UGXwolf - I get what you're saying, but seriously, saying PewDiePie should commentate on a Smash Bros. Tournament is like saying Seth McFarlane should host the Oscars. You need someone who knows the technicals. I think it's obvious Nintendo's own people will be at least one of the commentators, though I think there's potential to get a high level player from the community (though I'm not sure who...Ken Hoang maybe? Though he's more likely to be a competitor...).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GuSolarFlare

CanisWolfred wrote:

@UGXwolf - I get what you're saying, but seriously, saying PewDiePie should commentate on a Smash Bros. Tournament is like saying Seth McFarlane should host the Oscars. You need someone who knows the technicals. I think it's obvious Nintendo's own people will be at least one of the commentators, though I think there's potential to get a high level player from the community (though I'm not sure who...Ken Hoang maybe? Though he's more likely to be a competitor...).

then they put Reggie, just to make all the serious Smash fans mad.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

LzWinky

GuSilverFlame wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

then they put Reggie, just to make all the serious Smash fans mad.

Reggie-bot you mean. Keep the joke going!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.