General Discussion Forum

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Showing 181 to 200 of 2,631

AuthorMessage

cpm

181. Posted:

i'm looking forward to e3.

cpm

3DS Friend Code: 4012-3492-9863 | Nintendo Network ID: cpm001 | Twitter: clintonmck

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

182. Posted:

Nintendo's not having an e3? I didn't realize you could even have one yourself :O

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Blast

183. Posted:

LOL

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

skywake

184. Posted:

DanMan82 wrote:

Anybody see this?

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/05/01/ign-has-heard-rumours-ni...

Could this be QOL or something else?

On this whole hardware rumour thing:
1. They have too much Wii U hardware sitting in warehoses to be doing a Wii U hardware revision
2. They have too much Wii U software in their backlog to be playing around with the idea of a whole new console
3. The QOL stuff seems unlikely given that they only just started to float the idea, who knows though
4. A 3DS revision could happen but they already have 3 SKUs. Unless they retire the standard 3DS
5. A new portable console.... really? We think the 3DS should be retired already?
6. Something else..... Vitality Sensor/Wii Motion Plus/Balance Board... that's always on the table

If I was to guess something I'd go with the last. Not because I think this rumour mill is onto something but purely because of the probabilities involved. The Wii launched in 2006, they had four accessories they could make a bit of a deal about at E3 (Balance Board, Speak, Motion Plus, Vitality Sensor) over the seven or so years they were talking about it at E3. Odds are they'll have something to talk about this year given how good they are at coming up with this..... stuff....

My money's on a Pro Controller built for Smash.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

185. Posted:

I dunno. This rumor seems like someone's sure of something for a bad reason. But you never know. Maybe I'm just too used to the Interwebz. IGN does have more credibility than Jonny McGerman, anyways.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

186. Posted:

skywake wrote:

DanMan82 wrote:

Anybody see this?

1. They have too much Wii U hardware sitting in warehoses to be doing a Wii U hardware revision
2. They have too much Wii U software in their backlog to be playing around with the idea of a whole new console
3. The QOL stuff seems unlikely given that they only just started to float the idea, who knows though
4. A 3DS revision could happen but they already have 3 SKUs. Unless they retire the standard 3DS
5. A new portable console.... really? We think the 3DS should be retired already?
6. Something else..... Vitality Sensor/Wii Motion Plus/Balance Board... that's always on the table

If I was to guess something I'd go with the last. Not because I think this rumour mill is onto something but purely because of the probabilities involved. The Wii launched in 2006, they had four accessories they could make a bit of a deal about at E3 (Balance Board, Speak, Motion Plus, Vitality Sensor) over the seven or so years they were talking about it at E3. Odds are they'll have something to talk about this year given how good they are at coming up with this..... stuff....

I could see one set up like a Gamecube controller. Actually, now that I think about it... that makes a lot of sense.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

jariw

187. Posted:

skywake wrote:

DanMan82 wrote:

Anybody see this?

I will also guess on the last item on your list. A couple of shops here are listing a separate GamePad for release in 2014. It could be along those lines.

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Stealth Inc. 2, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Bayonetta 1+2, SSB U, Rayman Legends
Looking forward to:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Affordable Space Adventures, X, Hex Heroes, Yoshi's Wooly World, Splatoon, and more

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

188. Posted:

new 3DS model that can be used for the wiiU ?

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

skywake

189. Posted:

jariw wrote:

I will also guess on the last item on your list. A couple of shops here are listing a separate GamePad for release in 2014. It could be along those lines.

I suppose it's possible but I wouldn't read too much into the retail listings. One of my local retailers has had the GamePad by itself available for preorder from the day the Wii U was announced. Not sure if it would really count as "new" hardware anyways :)

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Octane

190. Posted:

Let's not forget that with Mario Kart and Super Smash coming this year, it would be incredibly stupid to try and redesign the Wii U (oh, you Sega..). E3 isn't the place you want to unveal something non-gaming related either, so QOL is out of the question as well. It'll probably be a small side project, like a Vitality Sensor, as suggested before. Although it would be probably something different, as they announced last year that the Vitality Sensor was cancelled.

Octane

AuthorMessage

mipaol

191. Posted:

I would love to see a replaceable Wii U gamepad that also functions as a portable gaming device.

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo Network ID: mipaol

AuthorMessage

Ryno

192. Posted:

Anybody still following that Rumor E3 IGN thread?

Date Posted: Today at 4:48 AM #183

UPDATE! IMPORTANT!

Guys, I asked my friend again about the Iwata talks about mistakes thing. He said that was just a little joke and I couldn't get his irony, so sorry for that. Everything else he said, is correct though.

I asked him about the cancelled game too if he could be a bit more specific... He said "its a game nearly nobody really wanted, except some fans of the main character" does that help you figuring out what it is?

Please stay tuned for more informations.

• http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/ive-got-very-hot-informations-regarding-e3-rumor.453951809/page-4

Totally Yarn Yoshi and I would be happy with that. Don't got the time to get tied up with "Yarn" games. Rumors and speculation are so fun this time of year! :D

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

193. Posted:

I can definitely trust someone with "hot informations"

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

194. Posted:

E3 leaks are the best leaks, even if they turn out to be fake.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

195. Posted:

The rumor mill is just another part of E3. If nothing else, it at least helps get people excited for E3.

Also, I highly doubt Yarn Yoshi is cancelled because there is a course based on the game in Mario Golf: World Tour. I highly doubt it got converted into a golf course!

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

cookiex

196. Posted:

More people wanted Yarn Yoshi than they did Yoshi's New Island though.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

Ryno

197. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

Hmmm... I don't know about that. Yoshi's New Island has the nostalgia factory at least. Yarn Yoshi looks something like my grandma would want to play.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

198. Posted:

I wouldn't mind Yarn Yoshi being cancelled, it just looks like the same as every other Yoshi game except in yarn form.

They should've done a 3D Yoshi game (maybe one where Yoshi plays similarly to Super Mario 64 DS or Super Mario Galaxy 2), maybe you could use the Gamepad to throw eggs or something.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

199. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

I know I'm one of them.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

CM30

200. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Hmmm... I don't know about that. Yoshi's New Island has the nostalgia factory at least. Yarn Yoshi looks something like my grandma would want to play.

Untitled

On the other hand, Yarn Yoshi doesn't have Artoon/Arzest's awful name attached to it.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189