Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 3,126 to 3,145 of 13,108

Dezner

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

During my lunch break today I went to a book store near my job. I decided to read the copy of Azumanga Daioh! Omnibus they had there. I read the first 2 chapters. That was pretty dang funny. I'll have to watch the anime tonight!

Darn right it was funny! The anime is still to this day one of my favorite comedies! Enjoy!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

RR529

Took a small break from reading Bleach when Cave Story (eShop) released, but I just started up again and finished chapter 45. Great so far!

Also looking forward to Toonami later tonight!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Undead_terror

Finished watching soul eater, really enjoyed, does anyone know a anime like it?, I already watched something like it called elemental gelade but was wondering if there was another one like it.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Jamouse

Does anyone else here read Berserk? I'm only about 100 chapters but I honestly think it's one of the best Mangas I've read.

Jamouse

FonistofCruxis

I've been wondering this for a while; in Sgt. frog, why do the frog aliens call Earth pekopon and humans pekoponians? Are those words 'Earth' and 'Human' in their language? If so, why is everything else they say in English?

kkslider5552000

undead_terror wrote:

Finished watching soul eater, really enjoyed, does anyone know a anime like it?

...every other popular action shonen series of the past decade and a half? Like outside of the love of Halloween themes and insanity, it's pretty much not too far off from a typical shonen action title. It really depends what you liked about it in general.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Retro_on_theGo

undead_terror wrote:

Finished watching soul eater, really enjoyed, does anyone know a anime like it?, I already watched something like it called elemental gelade but was wondering if there was another one like it.

If you would just like more Soul Eater read the manga. It's different from the anime halfway through and longer. (Not to mention better.)

RR529

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - Another solid episode. It centered around Toshiro tonight, which was good, because he's one of my favorite side-characters (he also has one of the better Bankai, unlike the dumb@ss monstrosities some of the other soul reapers have).

Samurai 7 - Things are starting to get tense! Also, I don't know if I mentioned this before, but some of the show's music sounds like it could have been ripped directly from InuYasha, lol (it's probably just because both series utilize traditional Japanese music).

Casshern Sins - Things are starting to pick up again (certainly better than the past two episodes, IMO). Also, man is Luna cold hearted (if it's really her, that is).

Eureka 7 - This was a pretty good episode. Renton's starting to fit in more.

Sym-Bionic Titan - I'll admit, it was better than I expected, and I'll continue to watch it.

ThunderCats - By far the biggest surprise of the night (better than Sym-Bionic Titan, IMO). Alongside Bleach & Eureka 7, this will be my biggest reason for tuning in.

They also reviewed Dust: An Elysian Tale (XBLA). They gave it an 8/10. So far they've only reviewed 360, PS3, and the occasional PC game(s). I wonder if they'll ever get to reviewing a game on a Nintendo system (it'd kinda be silly to ignore them).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

SMEXIZELDAMAN

I finish season 3 of Zero no Tsukaima! Only 1 more

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Dezner

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

I finish season 3 of Zero no Tsukaima! Only 1 more

I've heard the ending to the 4th season is really satisfying, so look forward to it!

Uguu!

Twitter:

kkslider5552000

RR529 wrote:

They also reviewed Dust: An Elysian Tale (XBLA). They gave it an 8/10. So far they've only reviewed 360, PS3, and the occasional PC game(s). I wonder if they'll ever get to reviewing a game on a Nintendo system (it'd kinda be silly to ignore them).

Well he isn't a handheld guy IIRC from old Toonami and the last relevent games on the Wii that aren't a Kirby collection were JRPGs that needed a ton of internet hype in order to sell "ok". I'm not surprised. I'm more surprised at him reviewing indie titles than anything.

RR529

^didn't know he wasn't a handheld guy (Maybe a Wii U game will eventually get a mention). Also, according to the comments on the AS boards, people seem to be more surprised with full retail reviews than indie reviews (whenever there's news of a new review, people seem to assume that it's most likey going to be indie).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

kkslider5552000

Dust looks cool btw. Art and style reminds me of Muramasa and anything that reminds me of Muramasa has got to be doing something right.

CanisWolfred

Dezner wrote:

Anybody watching Binbogami ga! at all?

It's definitely one of the best comedy/gag series I've seen in quite a few years!

Dude, I started watching that, like, within days of that post. It's a top-notch show so far, I agree.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezner

Nice! Look forward to the ending, it's actually quite satisfying!

Uguu!

Twitter:

Arianabtd

Sgt. Frog, Ranma 1/2 and Lucky star are my favorite Anime's.

they are the best. EVER.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Dezner wrote:

Nice! Look forward to the ending, it's actually quite satisfying!

I'm going to have to watch this soon then.

@Mickeymac What's the new avatar and username from?

So certain people who might occasionally look at this site still don't know I'm here. plus its holloween-y

...I mean Mickeywho?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic