Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 12,281 to 12,300 of 12,364

BMO_Advanced

@Krull @Maxz @Tsurii Thanks for the suggestions! I'll try each one of them. I'm going to start with Made in Abyss that one really appeals to me. Made in Abyss was actually the first anime I planned to watch when I was getting back into anime but I somehow forgot all about it? lol

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Krull

@Tsurii Cheers! I will look for Made in Abyss. I'd heard of it, but know nothing of it. Might be time to invest in a subscription service somewhere - I've almost rinsed UK Netflix.

Edited on by Krull

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589

kkslider5552000

Made in Abyss is fantastic, but so were...most of the anime in that list tbh. XD

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Joeynator3000

watches Pani Poni Dash
...Da heck is up with the animals in this anime? What's up with this anime in general? xD

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep the main channel PG-ish.

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

kkslider5552000

Pani Poni Dash is a weird comedy anime I watched once. It had a child teacher for some reason.

This is the extent of what I remember about Pani Poni Dash. Oh and that the Opening song is really good.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!

Joeynator3000

People said that's it's basically Azumanga Daioh on drugs. xD

Edited on by Joeynator3000

RR529

Trying to keep up with Toonami, but HunterXHunter is really the only thing I've been able to catch every week. Also try to watch Jojo & Iron Blooded Orphans when I can.

Haven't watched any on Netflix in awhile either (KuroMukuro was the last thing I watched there), due to a variety of reasons (I've been working longer hours, got a Switch, and it's been spotty getting it to work when I do want to watch it...).

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Joeynator3000

...Well Pani Poni Dash is having stream issues, guess I'll look at D-Frag next.

BMO_Advanced

I've watched season 1 of Made in Abyss. Here's my overall impression of this series so far, regarding later scenes especially:

Untitled

Rocko52

Happy New Years everyone, I always feel obliged to stop by here at least once a year (sorry lol, wish I could be a more consistent person lol)

I've been on a somewhat "retro-anime" binge as of late - currently watching Rose of Versailles and Urusei Yatsura, and I have plans to go back for further 70's and 80's shows next. I also was watching Zeta Gundam a while back, which really is a great show too. Honestly, I think some of my strongest interest in anime has become quite meta - like, I still adore watching anime for all the same reasons (ideas, character design, animation, characters and stories, directing, writing, dumb fun, etc) but I also have taken a lot of interest in trying to place anime I'm watching into the broader real-world picture. After all, no anime was ever made in a vacuum - they came out of a specific time and place, and what led to their creation and influences, and their subsequent influences on the industry and fanbase (Which are related but different categories - the history of anime fandom is not the same at all as the history of anime, but of course they are intimately related) going forward. It's all pretty cool.

Also I still want a Switch...trying to make a small living while at college and budgeting is not fun lol. Being an 'adult' is a weird existence. Come this Spring I'll have been a semi-constant anime fan for five years, beginning with when I began to take a big part on this very thread & watched Fullmetal Alchemist way back at the tail end of my freshman year of high school. Perspective is weird.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

Garolymar

There was this one anime I watched recently that really bugged me, I won't name it because of spoiler reasons, but arceusdamn it, you set up a sort of love triangle between 3 characters and at the very end she ends up with a character who had maybe like 4-5 lines of dialogue and grows up to be the most generic looking person ever that when I first saw them I thought he was just a background filler character...
no profanity please...-Joey

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Garolymar

kkslider5552000

I finally watched Your Name. I'm glad this actually lived up to the hype.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

RR529

Looks like Kyokai no Rinne has finally finished it's run with 398(?) chapters. Not sure if I'll ever get to finish it myself, though, as whatever fan group(s) were translating it stopped somewhere last year (or even 2016, it's been awhile) in the 210's.

Looking forward to whatever Takahashi's next work is, though. I'd actually like to see her retire from long running series, and focus on shorter length mini-series (maybe even returning to Ranma and/or InuYasha, for a short little "what are they up to X years later" kinda deal).

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Rocko52

@RR529

Have you ever seen Urusei Yatsura? That was one of Takahashi's earliest works and the only one I've really tried to get into, and so far I really love it.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

RR529

@Rocko52, while I'm certainly aware of it, it & Maison Ikkoku are her only two major series I haven't yet tried.

Joeynator3000

Last night I decided to watch Strike Witches again, just to see if Sanya would react to the characters saying her name. I got nothing, ah well...I'm watching it anyways. lol

Late

Decided to buy the Attack on Titan bundle on Humble Bundle. I've been buying the volumes as they get released in Finland but we are few books behind. Read books 18-22 and I really liked how much the story progressed in such little time. It might have something to do with the fact I could read 5 books back to back instead of waiting 2 months but still. The bad thing about buying the bundle is that now I have to wait almost a year before Finland catches up to where I'm now. Going to read Attack on Titan: Junior High next which was also part of the bundle. I really enjoyed the anime adaptation.

Also just watched the two Fire Emblem OVAs from 1996. They were surprisingly good. I was anticipating worse, something like the Samurai Shodown movie (though I rather enjoyed the second movie). The movie was very faithful to the games and all the characters were easily recognizable, at least once they wore their battle armor. The animation was quite stiff but it didn't distract me too much. Although, there was that one scene where they decided to show Marth's face for literally 10 seconds. Couldn't help but laugh. I would've watched more but the anime stops after Marth recruits Navarre, Lena and Julian. Also, couple of fun facts. Marth has the same voice actor as in Smash and they dubbed and released the OVAs for America in 1997 even though the games weren't released in the west.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

BMO_Advanced

I watched Grave of the Fireflies for the first time today. I considered myself mentally stable and prepared for utter drama, now I know it doesn't matter when I watched the movie, I would be left in the same state of sadness anyway. It is a beautiful paced movie and it portrayed the aftermath of war in a very realisitc manner... but I'm not watching it a second time. Humanity can be cruel indeed.

Link-Hero

@Sir_Anthony
Just to make it more depressing, it's actually mostly based on a true story. It was adapted from a semi-autobiographical of Akiyuki Nosaka of the same name. The biggest difference from real life and the story is in actuality, he survives while in the autobiographical, he dies. Reason for this is due to his regrets with his sister.

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

kkslider5552000

Looking at people talk about the best anime of last year makes me sad at the amount of great anime I will probably never get to. Exact same thing with video games.

I've watched 5 2017 anime, and I feel like I've seen 1/3 of the ones I should watch. But I have other things to do so I can't.

BYE FOREVER RE:CREATORS
SORRY FOR NEVER WATCHING YOU IN MY ENTIRE LIFETIME, DIES IRAE
ENTIRELY OK WITH NOT BOTHERING WITH IRON BLOODED ORPHANS 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic